Cowboys win over Washington 3rd most watched regular season game ever

Blackspider214

Reaction score
How? Why?

Outside of Cowboys fans, I really can't see anyone being interested in that game, not even Washington fans.
It is the only game going on during Thanksgiving. Going to be on in majority of households. It's tradition for so many to watch football on that day. No matter who is playing. And Dallas plays in that prime time afternoon slot. And the country loves watching Dallas, love or hate.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Must not be accurate as other sites like FB are chirping about Eagles being americas team and pulling in record viewership

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It is the only game going on during Thanksgiving. Going to be on in majority of households. It's tradition for so many to watch football on that day. No matter who is playing. And Dallas plays in that prime time afternoon slot. And the country loves watching Dallas, love or hate.
While true, it still doesn't explain why this game outperformed other Dallas Thanksgiving games. Maybe it was the Dolly factor. Maybe it was the fact that Thanksgiving travel numbers were high this year with the pandemic in the rearview mirror. I don't know. I just wouldn't think Dallas-Washington in a year when Washington is bad would be the third-most-watched. Can think of several Dallas Thanksgiving games that were better matchups.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
giphy.gif
looked fantastic for 77 years old

Kwyn

Reaction score
How? Why?

Outside of Cowboys fans, I really can't see anyone being interested in that game, not even Washington fans.
Because it’s an NFL tradition for millions of American families

I was out of town for Thanksgiving with distant relatives. Few of them knew anything about football and none were “fans” of the game but the TV was on the entire time and I had lots of fun.

Those people didn’t know anything except they did know who Tony Romo was and John Madden and the “turducken”.

Several of the ladies knew that Dolly was going to be on and were very excited. These were both older women who knew her from back in the day as well as some younger women who appreciate Dollys independence and legacy as a woman.

Explaining what a “pick six” is and was great. They all got excited because I was so excited.

Several of them were even asking about Black Friday football and I got messages from them that they had that terrible game on this afternoon.

So, that’s one example of the impact of the Cowboys.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
NFL should definitely want the Eagles to at least lose one of the next two and for us to win next Thursday. 9-3 vs. 9-3 or 9-3 vs. 10-2 would draw big numbers.
Money talks. The league and the owners are already seeing dollar signs. The ‘refs’ will ‘cooperate’ and make it happen. Bank on it.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
So it was higher then the chiefs vs eagles Monday nights game?
Yes because it's a working day compared to a holiday. Compared to the American habit of watching football on Thanksgiving with their family while they toss the football around in their backyard.

The large Hispanic population of Cowboys fans who are now Thanksgiving consumers. Dolly Parton fans from the 70s and 80s. The fact that there are more Cowboys fans than Chiefs fans (who are the equivalent of Warrior fans for the NBA while most of the country are 90s Bulls all the way). And additionally way more than Eagles fans.

All those factors add up.

shabazz

Reaction score
And it was a dreadful game. Hate to see it.
when it was 20-10 and had the Commodes converted on their 4th down and subsequently scored, it could have remained competitive…..but the Boys held them and exploded in the 4th quarter.

Besides winning, getting out without major injuries was the most important thing

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I tell haters that all the time. They whine we are on tv all the time etc. I say well stop watching hoping lose, ratings drop and boom, we aren't on as much.
It would be very simple for people to get back at Jerry by just simply not watching them or caring about them.