Twitter: Cowboys work out QB Jacob Eason and WR Antonio Callaway

irishline

Reaction score
Callaway reminds me of Gallup but with more quicks and speed. Short area stuff. We lack that.He's the type of kid that can take a bubble screen all the way and make guys miss behind the line.Saints just never could get him involved enuff because they have QB issues there.

Callaway never played for the Saints so no wonder they couldn't get him involved. :p

Still not a bad add to the practice squad.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were high hopes for Antonio Callaway when he was drafted. He’s only 25.
Super talented. Super prone to trouble / suspensions.

This is the type of guy you add to the practice squad and he can eventually turn into something and he cost you nearly nothing.
Not as reliable though. His troubles go back to college

Maybe being away from the game has matured him
Rather add Callaway than OBJ. Meat on the bone, vs fluff/glitz/hype...and the fact he might be at 75% if we are Lucky.Give me the dude thats fast and available, and healthy,younger,cheaper.
Uber talented.

Uber knucklehead.

Definitely worth adding to the practice squad.

He was good as a rookie in Cleveland but afterwards was continually suspended or injured.

Rookie Season
11 starts, 43 catches, 586 yards
Had a punt return of 37 and kick return of 35 yards despite only a handful of attempts.

Last played in the NFL in 2020.

2021 off-season with KC.

jnday

Reaction score
Oh for sure. He won’t be ready for about another month. So he’s smart to wait
He might be able to play in another month, but playing at a high level as soon as he hits the field is highly doubtful IMO. It is entirely possible that he doesn’t return to top form this season. How effective can he be playing at 75% of his potential?

John813

Reaction score
Didn't realize Eason was a free agent. Thought he had talent to at least stick around.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Callaway reminds me of Gallup but with more quicks and speed. Short area stuff. We lack that.He's the type of kid that can take a bubble screen all the way and make guys miss behind the line.Saints just never could get him involved enuff because they have QB issues there. I say lets sign him. Washington is my guy, my pet cat, but in business you got to make the tough call, so I would cut JW and sign this kid. Instantly helps us.
Callaway never played for the Saints so no wonder they couldn't get him involved. :p

Still not a bad add to the practice squad.

Wrong Callaway...

Marquez: Saints
Antonio: Browns/XFL/Dolphins/KC/....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a lot of TEs they are working out for already having four on the roster.

I doubt Callaway sticks around too long or contributes too much. He hasn't really done too much in his college or pro career.
The TEs were workouts with other teams, not the Cowboys.

Antonio Callaway looked awesome on the field in the NFL...He just hasn't been on it much due to suspensions.

ZiggyStardust

Reaction score
Calloway is a good low risk high reward guy. I mean what can you say, a guy in his athletic prime with that talent you shouldn’t be able to grab halfway through the season off the street unless he’s a colossal headcase, which he is.

at least more exciting than the hard working, great interview that is basically a warm body at best.

conner01

Reaction score
Super talented. Super prone to trouble / suspensions.

This is the type of guy you add to the practice squad and he can eventually turn into something and he cost you nearly nothing.
Almost free look
Maybe the light has come on for him
He certainly has the athletic ability

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys already have 4.4 guys on the team that they are not utilizing. Turpin runs a 4.3. What am I missing?

slick325

Reaction score
It is a 365 day job folks...Stephen has told you all several times. He never stops looking to improve his team!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m the opposite lol. I think Callaway could thrive here and Jerry is helpful for players like him
He had 40 for almost 600 and 5 TD's as a rookie. He can definitely play in the NFL is he has it together. Being pretty weak on the back end at WR he would be a good low cost PS add.