Twitter: Cowboys work out QB Jacob Eason and WR Antonio Callaway

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
H-m-m -- looks like we've got the turnstiles turning pretty good for some upside in our practice squad. I like it!:thumbup:
It’s all about activating . Certain players and not losing others. It was a pretty good story about it. It was actually to keep Will Grier and not lose him

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Uber talented.

Uber knucklehead.

Definitely worth adding to the practice squad.

He was good as a rookie in Cleveland but afterwards was continually suspended or injured.

Rookie Season
11 starts, 43 catches, 586 yards
Had a punt return of 37 and kick return of 35 yards despite only a handful of attempts.

Last played in the NFL in 2020.

2021 off-season with KC.
I just read an article, why they actually did this. It was very interesting. It was about not losing will Grier

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It’s all about activating . Certain players and not losing others. It was a pretty good story about it. It was actually to keep Will Grier and not lose him

I missed reading the story you're referring to, but I'll take your word for it. I'm scratching my head in the meantime, though.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
H-m-m, seems like Callaway's character concerns might be a red flag in the end.

I guess we'll see what comes of it. At least, we're "shaking the bushes" for talent.

The idea that Callaway's been inactive so long seems a tad detrimental, though!

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
his team is his bank account.
Interesting that Stephen Jones drives around in a Ford F-150.

He could drive any car or have a chauffeur but opts for the F-150.

On a side note I know a couple that manage a little storage facility. Charles Haley is a long time customer. Their daughter was getting married and they were headed to the airport to get family members in their old beat up pickup truck. Haley sees them that day and insisted that they take his Cadillac Escalade. Haley gives them the key, takes the key to their truck and drives off. He said he'd be back in a week or two...he came back about a month later...

joseephuss

Reaction score
The TEs were workouts with other teams, not the Cowboys.

Antonio Callaway looked awesome on the field in the NFL...He just hasn't been on it much due to suspensions.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I completely misread it.

I wouldn't say Callaway has looked awesome and it has been a while since he has played. My expectations are very low. The risk is low at this point as well. Practice squad is a good place for this type of move and opportunity.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Interesting that Stephen Jones drives around in a Ford F-150.

He could drive any car or have a chauffeur but opts for the F-150.

On a side note I know a couple that manage a little storage facility. Charles Haley is a long time customer. Their daughter was getting married and they were headed to the airport to get family members in their old beat up pickup truck. Haley sees them that day and insisted that they take his Cadillac Escalade. Haley gives them the key, takes the key to their truck and drives off. He said he'd be back in a week or two...he came back about a month later...
ITS LIKELY FREE. Ford is a team sponsor.Remember, Stevie is cheap.