Twitter: Cowboys work out QB Jacob Eason and WR Antonio Callaway

kskboys

Reaction score
Eason has a howitzer of an arm and should be better. No idea what's wrong w/ him.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I missed reading the story you're referring to, but I'll take your word for it. I'm scratching my head in the meantime, though.
The Cowboys have three quarterbacks on the 53-man roster; Dak Prescott, Cooper Rush and Will Grier. Each of the last two were originally on the practice squad, and were elevated the maximum of three times each while Prescott nursed his broken thumb.

That means their call-up eligibility is expired; they can’t be put back on the practice squad.

Think about it; Dallas would’ve preferred not to use roster space on backup QBs at all and now they’re eating up two. Rush isn’t going anywhere, not after going 4-1 in Prescott’s absence.

But if the team needs a spot for an Odell Beckham signing, or a Tyron Smith activation and want to go down to just two active QBs, then they’d have to expose Grier to waivers before placing him on the practice squad again. He’d be at risk and considering how well Rush did, it’s a fair assumption another of the 31 teams could want to see if the Cowboys’ QB Eye is just that good.

Therefore, the club should certainly be ready to call on a street FA as a potential practice squad signing for third QB.

This is the best copy and paste I could do my cowboy brother

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys have three quarterbacks on the 53-man roster; Dak Prescott, Cooper Rush and Will Grier. Each of the last two were originally on the practice squad, and were elevated the maximum of three times each while Prescott nursed his broken thumb.

That means their call-up eligibility is expired; they can’t be put back on the practice squad.

Think about it; Dallas would’ve preferred not to use roster space on backup QBs at all and now they’re eating up two. Rush isn’t going anywhere, not after going 4-1 in Prescott’s absence.

But if the team needs a spot for an Odell Beckham signing, or a Tyron Smith activation and want to go down to just two active QBs, then they’d have to expose Grier to waivers before placing him on the practice squad again. He’d be at risk and considering how well Rush did, it’s a fair assumption another of the 31 teams could want to see if the Cowboys’ QB Eye is just that good.

Therefore, the club should certainly be ready to call on a street FA as a potential practice squad signing for third QB.

Ah-ha, now that you've explained it, it makes sense. I'd have to agree, it'd be a tempting idea to make such an assumption. We really haven't even scratched the surface of what Will Grier is, actually, all about. I wouldn't be too surprised if he develops into a worthwhile keeper as our QB. :)

Many thanks for your efforts, by the way! I've been kinda partial to Will Grier for some time now.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are Ford F-150 packages that bring the cost up to close to $90K. I doubt he is driving around in a base model.
His salary is believed to be 10M per which is 192K per week.

His share of ownership is 1/6th which means he received 1.49M per week from operating profit in 2021.

The difference in base model and top model F150 is equivalent to you ordering a single meat vs a double meat Whataburger...

XXLMike

Reaction score
We should be scouring for a Running back considering Zeke’s knee .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who reported that as the reason?

It is much more likely that McCarthy just likes having 4 QBs. They had 4 last year with Dak, Rush, Grier and DiNucci.