Twitter: Cowboys working on something “big”

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Geeez, I wouldn't give up more than a 5th for either.
I hear you. OBJ is a free agent so I would try to get him. Supposedly the Cowboys were willing to trade a second for him but did not want to pay all of his salary.

Sydla

Reaction score
The last time we saw obj on a football field, he was a difference maker for the eventual sb champions

Folks are mixing up the football player vs his persona
I am not mixing up anything.

He's a weirdo but that's not my top issue. He also hasn't taken a snap since January 2022 having torn his ACL. He's not exactly a spring chicken at this point, as he'll be around 31 by the time the 2023 season kicks off.

My issue with OBJ isn't bringing him in. If Beckham is signed on a one year, prove it deal, great. My fear is Jerry paying him like he's an elite WR with a long term deal and we really have no idea what kind of WR he is at this point in his career.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I am not mixing up anything.

He's a weirdo. But he also hasn't taken a snap since January 2022 having torn his ACL. He's not exactly a spring chicken at this point, as he'll be around 31 by the time the 2023 season kicks off.

My issue with OBJ isn't bringing him in. If Beckham is signed on a one year, prove it deal, great. My fear is Jerry paying him like he's an elite WR with a long term deal and we really have no idea what kind of WR he is at this point in his career.

This!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
Once people are locked into not liking someone they will downplay any positive contributions and emphasize any and all negative aspects. Like Joseph on this team.
Except in my case, the issue goes beyond his persona. He's been out of football for a year and by the time the season rolls around, he'll not have taken a snap in a real game in over 20 months. He's also going to be 31 and coming off ACL surgery.

It's the unknown that bothers me. What kind of WR are you getting? And what are you paying him? The hype to me is the idea that the OBJ you are getting is the one that dominated the league a few years ago. Are we getting that guy for sure? Like the Raiders knew exactly what they were getting in Adams. What are we getting in OBJ?

If the Cowboys give him some large-ish, long term deal that seems extremely risky to me. A one or two year, smaller prove it type deal? Makes more sense to me.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Fischer was speculating that Dallas could get Cooks for a 4th - which I would be fine with. An 18.3 million cap hit for '23 and 16.5 for '24 - probably doable.

Still, Cooks for a fifth when we only got a 5th for Cooper, who is hands down a better WR. Ugh.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Except in my case, the issue goes beyond his persona. He's been out of football for a year and by the time the season rolls around, he'll not have taken a snap in a real game in over 20 months. He's also going to be 31 and coming off ACL surgery.

It's the unknown that bothers me. What kind of WR are you getting? And what are you paying him? The hype to me is the idea that the OBJ you are getting is the one that dominated the league a few years ago. Are we getting that guy for sure? Like the Raiders knew exactly what they were getting in Adams. What are we getting in OBJ?

If the Cowboys give him some large-ish, long term deal that seems extremely risky to me. A one or two year, smaller prove it type deal? Makes more sense to me.
Why on earth would u believe they are giving Odell a large long term deal when this FO is known to be cheap with free agents?

btgboys41

Reaction score
I don’t believe they do big things but if it’s actually true, I’d guess Ramsey. Again, I don’t think they are capable of big things so I think it’s BS and part of their marketing plan.

Sydla

Reaction score
Fischer was speculating that Dallas could get Cooks for a 4th - which I would be fine with. An 18.3 million cap hit for '23 and 16.5 for '24 - probably doable.

Still, Cooks for a fifth when we only got a 5th for Cooper, who is hands down a better WR. Ugh.
Yikes. I never looked at Cooks' cap hits. Yep, $18 million in base and a $300K roster bonus in 2023 and a $13 million base and $3.5 million roster bonus in 2024.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
BIG would be a combo deal where they announce Dak extension and Jalen Ramsey trade at one time.

You'd feel pretty set on defense with just signing your own FA and able ot chase talent on offense in the draft.

With recent comments you almost feel a RB and OL could come in first two rounds to boost the running game.