Cowboys WR's And TE's Have Height Advantage Over Steelers CB's And LB's..

Reaction score
COWBOYS WR'S:

Terrell Owens: 6'3 and 220

Roy Williams: 6'3 and 220

Patrick Crayton: 6' and 206

Jason Witten: 6'5 and 266

Martellus Bennett: 6'5 and 252

STEELERS CB'S:

Ike Taylor: 6'2 and 195

Deshea Townsend: 5'10 and 190(is 33 and injuried, may play)

Bryant McFadden: 6' and 190(injuried and may play)

William Gay: 5'10 and 190

STEELERS LINEBACKERS:

Lamar Woodley: 6'2 and 265

James Farrior: 6'2 and 243

Larry Foote: 6'1 and 238

James Harrison: 6' and 242

IMO, I think the Cowboys can take advantage of their size and speed to get big plays especially against their smaller CB's.

I don't care what anybody thinks, there is no one Steelers CB is covering T.O. one-on-one which should leave Roy Williams and Crayton one-on-one. Also I think Witten should see some action by getting him matched up with the smaller Harrison and Foote in coverage.

Just a little food for thought here, guys.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Troy P has been everything we hoped Roy Williams38 would be.:(

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458587 said:
Ike Taylor will likely shadow TO the entire game.

They cover him with Ike Taylor he will end up looking like Ike Turner! Nobody covers Owens one-on-one just ask 80 million dollar man, Nate Clements.

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2458609 said:
They cover him with Ike Taylor he will end up looking like Ike Turner! Nobody covers Owens one-on-one just ask 80 million dollar man, Nate Clements.

I'm just saying. That's likely what TO will see most of this game - a whole lot of man coverage from Ike Taylor. He generally shadows the oppositions best WR.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Boysboy;2458601 said:

You're expectations were too high. I don't know anyone who saw Roy in college at OU and thought he'd come into the NFL and be a coverage juggernaut. Polumala is a rare breed of safety's. He's about 1 out of 5 safeties in the league with great coverage skills. Two completely different safeties. Polumala is great though. He's not a great tackler but his coverage skills are as good as a corners.

And to the OP, Bennett is only 6'5? He looks 6'7 or 6'8 out there.

Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458616 said:
I'm just saying. That's likely what TO will see most of this game - a whole lot of man coverage from Ike Taylor. He generally shadows the oppositions best WR.

I hear ya, I am just telling you he will get smoked and look like Ike Taylor!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Boysboy;2458601 said:

Going back through your history, it's almost impossible to find anything positive about Dallas. Everything you write is negative and you specialize in putting a negative slant on anything you can. Like your snide little comment above.

To me, the only question I have besides which team you actually pull for (my guess is Philly and whomever plays Dallas)... is what you hope to accomplish by posting here?

Go back to where you came from.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458616 said:

With or without safety help? Because if it is without... I can go ahead and schedule the post game celebration party.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2458623 said:
Going back through your history, it's almost impossible to find anything positive about Dallas. Everything you write is negative and you specialize in putting a negative slant on anything you can. Like your snide little comment above.

To me, the only question I have besides which team you actually pull for (my guess is Philly and whomever plays Dallas)... is what you hope to accomplish by posting here?

No-I try to be on the conservative side, especially with all our recent Dec doldroms, which has left me very cynical.:(

BTW-I thought I said I hate Philly numerous times.

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2458623 said:

Harsh!

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2458626 said:
With or without safety help? Because if it is without... I can go ahead and schedule the post game celebration party.

He'll get some safety help but he'll also get a lot of single coverage calls. Ike does this nearly every game - he contained Randy Moss, has always dominated Chad Johnson, etc. He's a very physical, fast CB that thrives when shadowing a receiver.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Boysboy;2458628 said:
No-I try to be on the conservative side, especially with all our recent Dec doldroms, which has left me very cynical.:(

BTW-I thought I said I hate Philly numerous times.

Of course you would say that you hate Philly... just like I knew your response would be the obvious conservative/realistic/tired-of-losing pitch.

Oh... let me guess... you hate Philly but you think McNabb is awesome and Westy is just the besty. :rolleyes:

So, let me get this straight:

You love the Cowboys... but can't say anything positive about the whole franchise...

and

You hate the Eagles... but you simply admire everything that fine organization has done and think the product they put out is peachy keen.

Gotcha.

Double :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
SteelManiac55;2458634 said:
He'll get some safety help but he'll also get a lot of single coverage calls. Ike does this nearly every game - he contained Randy Moss, has always dominated Chad Johnson, etc. He's a very physical, fast CB that thrives when shadowing a receiver.

Well... then you better hope he's ready to thrive. You also better hope that that great pass rush you guys have actually gets to Romo quick-like.

They just might get to Romo quickly, too. But if they don't and Ike is on T.O. alone... man-oh-man.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2458639 said:
Of course you would say that you hate Philly... just like I knew your response would be the obvious conservative/realistic/tired-of-losing pitch.

Oh... let me guess... you hate Philly but you think McNabb is awesome and Westy is just the besty. :rolleyes:

So, let me get this straight:

You love the Cowboys... but can't say anything positive about the whole franchise...

and

You hate the Eagles... but you simply admire everything that fine organization has done and think the product they put out is peachy keen.

Gotcha.

Double :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:confused:

Where in my posts did I say I admire the Eagles? I've even said countless times how they get so much media hype and love throughout the offseason like they have 22 Pro Bowlers, when in fact, it's farther from the truth 9/10 times.

Big D

Reaction score
Boysboy;2458601 said:

hmmm let us examine shall we?

-- --Gms - Tackles - Sacks - INTs - TD

RW- 98 - 512 - 6.5 - 19 - 6

TP- 84 - 416 - 7.0 - 16 - 3

:starspin

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2458644 said:
Well... then you better hope he's ready to thrive. You also better hope that that great pass rush you guys have actually gets to Romo quick-like.

They just might get to Romo quickly, too. But if they don't and Ike is on T.O. alone... man-oh-man.

The Steelers wouldn't do it if they felt he'd struggle. Randy Moss had an awful game. Chad Johnson regularly gets shut down by Ike. Plaxico, Braylon Edwards, etc.

If he can handle Randy on his own I'm sure he can do alright against TO. It helps having that great front seven, sure, but Ike can hold his own.