Cowboys WR's And TE's Have Height Advantage Over Steelers CB's And LB's..

SteelManiac55

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2459207 said:
Not argueing that the defense is not good. You have a fnatastic defense this season playing at a fantastic level. I just like the over confidence in thinking your CB can man on TO without help. That type of thinking is what I hope from the Steelers this week. If the Steelers play man on TO with no help, you truely think Ike would have the better game? You truely think the CB play is what is making your defense so deadly? Saying Ike is not as elite as you like to think is not saying the Steeler D is not elite. I definitely give props.

Ike obviously doesn't do it all on his own and the entire secondary relies on an extremely strong front seven. Like I said before, Ike will shadow TO probably about 50 to 60 percent of the time if I were to guess (and rarely ever in the red zone and the Steelers generally always go zone coverage inside of twenty yards). He'll get some occasional help from Troy, some occasional help from Ryan Clark.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score

Cowboysfan22

Reaction score
Our WR's and TE's usually have a higher averaged height than the deffenders the only one under 6'3 is patrick crayton.

Reaction score
theebs;2459190 said:
where your picked in the draft means nothing.

Only a monetary relationship exists with what kind of player you are and where you are picked.

If you have watched the nfl for a while u should know that, and just watching this team with romo, ratliff, austin, barber, crayton etc.....should emphasize that point.

Size wont matter.

All I am saying that he was a top five pick because the scouts thought he was very good.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2458583 said:
COWBOYS WR'S:

Terrell Owens: 6'3 and 220

Roy Williams: 6'3 and 220

Patrick Crayton: 6' and 206

Jason Witten: 6'5 and 266

Martellus Bennett: 6'5 and 252

STEELERS CB'S:

Ike Taylor: 6'2 and 195

Deshea Townsend: 5'10 and 190(is 33 and injuried, may play)

Bryant McFadden: 6' and 190(injuried and may play)

William Gay: 5'10 and 190

STEELERS LINEBACKERS:

Lamar Woodley: 6'2 and 265

James Farrior: 6'2 and 243

Larry Foote: 6'1 and 238

James Harrison: 6' and 242

IMO, I think the Cowboys can take advantage of their size and speed to get big plays especially against their smaller CB's.

I don't care what anybody thinks, there is no one Steelers CB is covering T.O. one-on-one which should leave Roy Williams and Crayton one-on-one. Also I think Witten should see some action by getting him matched up with the smaller Harrison and Foote in coverage.

Just a little food for thought here, guys.

I didnt realize that Owens and Williams were the same height and weight, they sure look different. Williams looks like a bean pole and Owens looks more muscular.