***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

bsheeern

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
the way it was originally worded was a "1st, 2nd and 3rd from next year".
sounded like they were all for next year.
either way, taking 2+ hours to pick when you are actually online is ridiculous.

lets move on...
its a done deal...
Yeah I agree. It's like Saturday night and I actually have a social life outside the Internet!!!!!!!!!!Let's pick up the pace a little.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Funny thing is that this is taking longer than the real draft.

In retrospect, we should have had everyone PM us their top 32 players in order and we could have just posted the entire first round through deductive reasoning.

By the way, the #20 pick is still available for the right trade.

k19

Reaction score
NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck I picked hours ago and all this waiting is killin me. :D

Roughneck

Reaction score
bsheeern said:
Yeah I agree. It's like Saturday night and I actually have a social life outside the Internet!!!!!!!!!!Let's pick up the pace a little.
Then PM CBZ with your 3 picks and leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay.

k19

Reaction score
Avery said:
Funny thing is that this is taking longer than the real draft.

In retrospect, we should have had everyone PM us their top 32 players in order and we could have just posted the entire first round through deductive reasoning.

By the way, the #20 pick is still available for the right trade.

Give ya all my picks in this draft and all my 06 pick as well so I'll quit plopping down to check progress :D

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Encore is offline and hasn't been on this site since 9:45am...... can someone pick for him lets geter done....

Avery

Reaction score
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
Give ya all my picks in this draft and all my 06 pick as well so I'll quit plopping down to check progress :D

You're not getting off that easy. :)

Avery

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Encore is offline and hasn't been on this site since 9:45am...... can someone pick for him lets geter done....

We already went through that with the Commanders and it ended up being even longer since it delayed me over an hour.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Avery said:
We already went through that with the Commanders and it ended up being even longer since it delayed me over an hour.
If the guy hasn't been on since 9:45 to even check to see how close his pick was to coming why do you think he will show up now? Just wondering because this is really getting a bit long in the tooth.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Avery said:
looks like the draft is done for the night then.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Then PM CBZ with your 3 picks and leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay.
And what would happen if all 3 were gone by the time I picked again??????????????????????????????????

Avery

Reaction score
bsheeern said:
And what would happen if all 3 were gone by the time I picked again??????????????????????????????????

Then do ten picks. Nothing wrong with that. It's understandable that people have things to do and there's nothing wrong with having a queue.

RESIN8

Reaction score
if i were the Chiefs i'f go after Carlos Rodgers. SOrry but that secondary needs a complete overhaul regardless if Sam Madison is traded to them or not.

i belong to Myspace.com and i'm a moderator for a draft and offseason group there. We've also had a mock draft, where members cast votes for each pick. Majority vote gets to represent and if it becomes a tie we basically go for the BPA out of the players picked. I give each member about a day to ponder since i figure eveyone has lives and i don't really trust people to be there on an obligated draft day. anyway here is how the draft has panned out so far.

GROUP MOCK DRAFT BOARD

1)San Francisco 49ers- Aaron Rodgers
2)Miami Dolphins- Ronnie Brown
3)Cleveland Browns- Alex Smith
4)Chicago Bears- Derrick Johnson
5)Tampa Bay Bucs- Mike Williams
6)Tenn Titans- Pac Man Jones
7)Minnesota Vikings- Braylon Edwards
8)Arizona Cardinals- Cedric Benson
9)Washington Commanders- Antrel Rolle
10)Detroit Lions- Alex Barron
11)Dallas Cowboys- Shawne Merriman
12)San Diego Chargers- Marcus Spears
13)Houston Texans- Jammal Brown
14)Carolina Panthers- Khalife Barnes
15)Kansas City Chiefs- Carlos Rodgers
16)New Orleans Saints- Travis Johnson
17)Cincinatti Bengals- Erasmus James
18)MInnesota Vikings- Thomas Davis
19)ST Louis Rams- Dan Cody
20)Dallas Cowboys- Troy Willamson
21)Jax Jaguars- Cadillac Williams
22)Baltimore Ravens- Mark Clayton
23)Seattle Seahawks- David Pollack
24)Green Bay Packers- Brodney Pool
25)Denver Broncos- Fabian Washington

Of course some of the picks i don't agree with, but im diplomatic enough to go with the popular vote.

jksmith269

Reaction score
if i were the Chiefs i'f go after Carlos Rodgers. SOrry but that secondary needs a complete overhaul regardless if Sam Madison is traded to them or not.

I like that pick or maybe a FS or LB

jksmith269

Reaction score
peacockaja said:
can somebody just pick for him
we atleast should give him some time....

I suggested to CBZ if a GMM hasnt sent his 3 players to CBZ or Avery atleast 3 picks in advance and are not on the site when its their time to pick give them like 30min to show up then have CBZ pick or choose someone else to pick.

RESIN8

Reaction score
maybe we should have some sorta vote over till say 10 after the hour. i would place my vote as Carlos Rodgers. Please i beg you lets get this done. we arent even halfway thru and it has been almost 9 hrs..

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
we atleast should give him some time....

I suggested to CBZ if a GMM hasnt sent his 3 players to CBZ or Avery atleast 3 picks in advance and are not on the site when its their time to pick give them like 30min to show up then have CBZ pick or choose someone else to pick.
good idea.
those were the rules.