***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

Shuttemdown41

Reaction score
I predict a major hold up soon if the owner of the Bucs isn't online in a few minutes.....I hope it's not the full 3 hours. :(

Spontae

Reaction score
Shuttemdown41 said:
I predict a major hold up soon if the owner of the Bucs isn't online in a few minutes.....I hope it's not the full 3 hours. :(

Indeed.

RESIN8

Reaction score
Phrozen Phil said:
Who's going to throw it to Williams?

None other than the infamous Trent D'arby
f92881gf0qv.jpg

remember that song "sign your name across the line, i want you to be my baby"?

I have a feeling that Cleveland will pass on a QB too, but don't think they will draft Williams myself. I don't think they will grab DJ either. I could seem the interest of trading down to grab Merriman or Spears though.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Da Bears draft according to need. A Good pick, IMHO. Who plays QB in Chicago this year?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Bears made a wise selection IMHO.

Sitting at 4 and seeing the top ranked QB on the board and the one with the most potential, it was obvious they needed to move down or snag him.

Smith is not a starter day 1 but can develop behind Grossman. It is a bad signal for Hutchinson, Dimwiddle, Krenzel and Kittner. At least 2 of those 4 will not make the roster in all likelihood.

In the end hard to knock taking a chance on Smith's potential franchise QB skillset.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
draft update:

1. San Francisco- Braylon Edwards WR (Michigan)
2. Miami- Ronnie Brown RB (Auburn)
3. Cleveland- Mike Williams WR (USC)
4. Chicago- Alex Smith QB (Utah)

gollum

Reaction score
I'm going to take this opportunity to see if anyone wants to talk trade...it's pretty obvious that one of the 2 RB will come off next...so you should have an idea of who's left on the board....pm me.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
peacockaja said:
What happens to Rex Grosman
He gets to compete for a spot on the roster. Cleaning house on the offensive side. My head coach is a defensive guy who I trust WILL get things in order on that side. I truly believe that the QB position is where IT all starts! Can Grossman develop? IF so then I have a "good problem" like SD has right now. Anyway, I was sweating it there for awhile BUT breathe much easier when SF passed on a QB!!! :D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Bad, bad pick IMO. Should have gone with defense over a QB. Or even a RB.
Last season Chicago had a top 10 type defense and a good running game but no offense. They signed QBs of the street and gave them starts. It makes no sense to pass up the best QB on the board and probably the highest ranked guy left to reach for defense or grab a runner who may or may not beat out Thomas Jones.

The QB class is shallow and the RB class is very deep.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Hmm. Why didn't image show up as an image?
It shows up as a link. ***?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
5mics said:
He gets to compete for a spot on the roster. Cleaning house on the offensive side. My head coach is a defensive guy who I trust WILL get things in order on that side. I truly believe that the QB position is where IT all starts! Can Grossman develop? IF so then I have a "good problem" like SD has right now. Anyway, I was sweating it there for awhile BUT breathe much easier when SF passed on a QB!!! :D
GM, would you have taken Edwards or Williams if they were there for you?

gollum

Reaction score
Shuttemdown41 said:
This is like picking behind the Vikings in real life...can I go ahead and go...they're gonna run out the clock... :)

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
jterrell said:
GM, would you have taken Edwards or Williams if they were there for you?
My REAL top 5 on my draft board went like this:
1. Mike Williams
2. Alex Smith
3. Braylon Edwards
4. Cedric Benson
5. Aaron Rodgers

I've made it perfectly clear on this board that I would LOVE for the 'Boys to take MW! So it would have been an interesting dilemma if MW was still there at #4. I really felt the Bears NEEDED a "franchise type" QB even w/ Grossman already there BUT MW is my overall #1. In the end, I believe I drafted who the Bears really needed and isn't that what a GM should do? :)