***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

k19

Reaction score
Phrozen Phil said:
Interesting. It looks like the "draft for need" mind set doesn't apply here. I'll be ther forst to admit that WR isn't the biggest need for SF, but it's even less of a need for Cleveland.

Drafting for need is what giot "us" in this position. If you go BPA you really can't go wrong as opposed to grasping at straws for a position you need filled.
Clevelands under going wholesale changes and I really thuink this is their new mentality jusy like thats what drives drafts for the ravens

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› said:
Drafting for need is what got "us" in this position. If you go BPA you really can't go wrong as opposed to grasping at straws for a position you need filled.
Clevelands under going wholesale changes and I really thuink this is their new mentality jusy like thats what drives drafts for the ravens

I agree and I hope that the Boys are of the same mind..

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
BPA can't be a drafting fact. A person who ignores need will have a crappy draft. If Minnesota or San Diego is on the clock and Rodgers is still there, then he is the BPA. It would be a crappy draft for those teams if they take him. A guy who won't get on the filed. It's a waste of a pick.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Since I don't pick again 'til the 2nd round, I guess I'll see ya'll in a month.......... :D Geez, three weeks to prepare for this..... :banghead:

k19

Reaction score
If a player falls to you more than likely you can always trade out of that spot if its not a position of need. See how easy this is. If you absolutely need a CB and the pool is rather un impressive do you still waste a number one pick on one when there may be someone of alot higher caliber at another position. Teams are built through the draft and DEPTH is something you can never have enough of.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
5mics said:
Since I don't pick again 'til the 2nd round, I guess I'll see ya'll in a month.......... :D Geez, three weeks to prepare for this..... :banghead:
this is a bit much.
I dont pick until #23. At this rate, that should be about Thursday.

k19

Reaction score
I thought about 30 minutes would have been good since we had 3 weeks notice

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
this is a bit much.
I dont pick until #23. At this rate, that should be about Thursday.
Maybe this is sub-consciously a reason why I didn't trade down although I had offers to..... ;)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
bsheeern was sent a PM at 1:05 Eastern........not on line, have not heard from him. He still has time on the clock......please be patient.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
bsheeern was sent a PM at 1:05 Eastern........not on line, have not heard from him. He still has time on the clock......please be patient.
Please don't think this is directed at you or Avery! You guys are doing a great job w/ this! It's just that all the GMs had 3 weeks to prepare. I just figured we (the GMs) could move along in a more expedient manner...... :cool:

gollum

Reaction score
gollum is here and working on his post for his selection...no worries mates!

unless i get a last minute offer :p

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
5mics said:
Please don't think this is directed at you or Avery! You guys are doing a great job w/ this! It's just that all the GMs had 3 weeks to prepare. I just figured we (the GMs) could move along in a more expedient manner...... :cool:

I think a lot of the guys are taking this seriously and things have not gone according to "script". Nobody wants to make a decision and get trashed for it. I personally just want this to be an enjoyable exercise and hopefully everyone here will have fun.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Phrozen Phil said:
I think a lot of the guys are taking this seriously and things have not gone according to "script". Nobody wants to make a decision and get trashed for it. I personally just want this to be an enjoyable exercise and hopefully everyone here will have fun.
I was reviewing a trade that could have made a major Impact on the draft and really thought long and hard about it

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
5mics said:

I'm not believe me. :)

You guys are the ones doing a great job....... ;)

Shuttemdown41

Reaction score
Antrel Rolle to the Titans. That post was worth the wait Gollum. Now let's see what all the fuss from HH31 was about. :p:

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
bsheeern said:
I was reviewing a trade that could have made a major Impact on the draft and really thought long and hard about it

Is it too early to share what that might have been, or could it still be a factor?