Cowherd’s interesting take on Dalton

Rayman70

Reaction score
BOTH CARR'S can hit a stationary target in a studio lol...but a moving target on the FB field ...NOPE...they can't do it. They lack the natural ability and the balls to pull the trigger and trust what they are seeing. David and Derek suck for those reasons.Dak makes mistakes, but so do all QB's. He is a guy I wanna be in the foxhole with...he has the right mentality. Its a mindset.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Top 10 among cowboy fans.....maybe. We made the guy 2 fair offers that would have paid him top 5 money. He's holding out. Pretty sure Andy Dalton can get us to 8-8 for a lot less.
MAYBE...maybe not. I rather have Dak. He brings much more you have to defend than Andy. Andy is a pure pocket passer...a statue. Its a lot easier to plan for a guy like that when you know he wont be running.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BOTH CARR'S can hit a stationary target in a studio lol...but a moving target on the FB field ...NOPE...they can't do it. They lack the natural ability and the balls to pull the trigger and trust what they are seeing. David and Derek suck for those reasons.Dak makes mistakes, but so do all QB's. He is a guy I wanna be in the foxhole with...he has the right mentality. Its a mindset.

Oh common. ......... you want to be in a "foxhole" with a guy who sucked against every good team we played and choked badly with a division title on the line? He got outplayed by Wentz who was working with far less talent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And yet Carr sucked and Dak is a top 10 QB.
both Carr's just can't play. Dak has the it factor..you can't measure whatever THAT is. Guys wanna follow him and he is the leader. Last year and many years before that, the coaches let him down.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
MAYBE...maybe not. I rather have Dak. He brings much more you have to defend than Andy. Andy is a pure pocket passer...a statue. Its a lot easier to plan for a guy like that when you know he wont be running.

Tom Brady says hello!! oh no..." Can open ...worms everywhere" lol j/k

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If Dak ran more, you would have a point. But he rarely runs. Gardner Minchew had more rushing yards in fewer games than Dak.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Oh common. ......... you want to be in a "foxhole" with a guy who sucked against every good team we played and choked badly with a division title on the line? He got outplayed by Wentz who was working with far less talent.
Coaching and game planning matters. THATS WHY THEY GOT RUN. WAIT...YOU EXPECT DAK TO DRIVE 80 YARDS ALL THE TIME? We do have special teams and a defense right? How much help did we give Dak last year?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coaching and game planning matters. THATS WHY THEY GOT RUN. WAIT...YOU EXPECT DAK TO DRIVE 80 YARDS ALL THE TIME? We do have special teams and a defense right? How much help did we give Dak last year?

Not sure how you interpreted anything I said as implying that I expect 80 yard drives all the time. I am stating the obvious. He sucked against good teams and choked with a division title on the line. Not even debatable. It happened.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not sure how you interpreted anything I said as implying that I expect 80 yard drives all the time. I am stating the obvious. He sucked against good teams and choked with a division title on the line. Not even debatable. It happened.
because in those games, DAK had no support. He had woeful special teams play and no defense against the good teams. Lots of mental mistakes to go round.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
both Carr's just can't play. Dak has the it factor..you can't measure whatever THAT is. Guys wanna follow him and he is the leader. Last year and many years before that, the coaches let him down.

Agreed. I'll bet on Carr at the carnival, but give me Dak all day if there's a football game to play!

HungryLion

Reaction score
My concern IS legitimate. It is my just my opinion. The first post I made had no text , just video. Actually a little tongue in cheek jab at Dak. I know he is certainly better than Carr and Garett( not much lol) They all miss throws agreed. Can you honestly say, be honest....that you dont have ANY concern about Daks accuracy. Is that one of his weaker points? I do have concerns. And many people here do too.

Having said all of this.. I do want Dak to succeed. I hope the improvement I and many others seek comes soon. Thanks.

The thing is. Dak’s accuracy really isn’t worse than any other top 10 QB’s. There are a few QB’s who have even better accuracy than he does. But Dak’s accuracy really isn’t a weakness that holds him back. All the metrics actually point this out.

You mention that you see throws that he misses and throws high or behind. The thing is. You see all of Dak’s throws because as a cowboys fan you probably see every cowboys game. Other QB’s maybe you watch a handful of times a year but not all 16 games.

as a cowboys fan you probably pay closer attention to Cowboys games than other games too.

So now since you watch every cowboys game, and pay close attention to every cowboys game, Every time you see Dak miss a throw, you think about it and use it to conform your bias against his accuracy that is already built into your mind.

other fans on this board do the same thing.

my guess is, when you watch some other QB’s play 3-4 times a year. You don’t sit there and confirm a bias against their accuracy everytime they miss a throw. Even though they are also missing throws.

If you actually pull up subjective statistical analysis of Dak’a accuracy. His accuracy is top 10 in the league in most metrics.

I understand it’s frustrating when Dak does miss a throw and it costs the team and negatively impacts the teams chance to win.

But that happens with basically every QB in the league. And it doesn’t happen more often with Dak than it does basically every other QB in the league other than a hand full of them.