Video: Cowherd: 2 reasons Dak doesn’t deserve $35m per year

kskboys

Reaction score
"Deserve" is a meaningless term in Pro Sports.

Players get paid millions because of supply and demand.

Soldiers that are at high risk of being maimed or killed "deserve" more than Pro Athletes but the pool of available candidates to become soldiers is likely in the millions as compared to the pool of player with the ability to become Pro Athletes which in the case of the NFL is a couple of thousand.
Well said. Very.

kskboys

Reaction score
I disagree with him on the new onside kick proposal. The proposal is the gimmick. You're not meant to have the ball twice in a row in football. They only way to do it is to have the ball travel 10 yards from a kickoff and recover it. Not give the ball back to the quarterback after you score.

The NFL has ruined the onside kick with their rule changes putting themselves in a position where the only way to compensate for that is to find a gimmick.
I feel exactly the same way.

Does that mean if a team that is winning scores late and wants the ball back, they can also take it at 4th and 15?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I do like the NFL trust fund kid thing
That was clever and true

Other that, he's getting signed regardless of what others say

As for his comments on defense, he glassed over all the additions and focused only on the losses.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I do like the NFL trust fund kid thing
That was clever and true

Other that, he's getting signed regardless of what others say

As for his comments on defense, he glassed over all the additions and focused only on the losses.
Yeah, it's just when he gets signed, I hope it's after they cut Crawford

HungryLion

Reaction score
"Deserve" is a meaningless term in Pro Sports.

Players get paid millions because of supply and demand.

Soldiers that are at high risk of being maimed or killed "deserve" more than Pro Athletes but the pool of available candidates to become soldiers is likely in the millions as compared to the pool of player with the ability to become Pro Athletes which in the case of the NFL is a couple of thousand.

Good points. Which is exactly why QB contracts are so high.

Because despite what some posters on this board think. It’s far from “easy” to find QB’s who can play at Prescott’s level. And NFL teams use 10’s of millions of dollars in contracts and a lot of VERY valuable draft picks, trying to find them.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just when he gets signed, I hope it's after they cut Crawford
I'd much rather keep Crawford at an affordable rate. He's a very nice rotational player, just get him down to around 2-3 mil/season, and he's a huge plus.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Good points. Which is exactly why QB contracts are so high.

Because despite what some posters on this board think. It’s far from “easy” to find QB’s who can play at Prescott’s level. And NFL teams use 10’s of millions of dollars in contracts and a lot of VERY valuable draft picks, trying to find them.

It's also not as difficult as it used to be. NFL offenses are starting to look more and more like college offenses and the transition is becoming easier for rookie QBs. The bust rate has decreased considerably. That, coupled with the huge difference in pay scale for rookies vs established QBs, is why it is not at all unreasonable for some to have the stance of not wishing to pay the kind of prices being discussed for a QB. It's not nearly as unreasonable as many here seem to make it.

Flamma

Reaction score
I feel exactly the same way.

Does that mean if a team that is winning scores late and wants the ball back, they can also take it at 4th and 15?

As far as I know, yes. To me it's a gimmick. They need to go back to kicking off from the 30 like it used to be. Injuries happen.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I'd much rather keep Crawford at an affordable rate. He's a very nice rotational player, just get him down to around 2-3 mil/season, and he's a huge plus.
I don't want Crawford at any rate -guy is always hurt and is of very little use.

tico

Reaction score
He use to praise Dak, now that we have no sports he has become SAS. I also stopped watching his show, turned into complete garbage

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
The Eagles did not improve at Wr. They have the same as last year who were mostly injured (Jeffries and Jackson) and a rookie in Reagor. I don’t see how that is improving. If that is improving than his points of the Cowboys not addressing the defense with their safety and CB leaving is moot since they did sign Dix and drafted Diggs and other CB from Tulsa. Colon needs to his homework before he shoots his mouth off but that will be asking too much.

I think the eagles and cowboys both addressed areas of need. I don't know if the eagles got better at wide receiver, but they did trade for marquise goodwin, and drafted 3 receivers. The cowboys did sign dixs and drafted diggs, and reggie robinson. Plus you have a wild card in darly woorley. I feel like our veteran receivers (jackson, jefferey) are similar to your defensive tackles (poe, mccoy). They both are older and we don't know how much gas is left in the tank. The eagles have 2nd round receiver jj arega-whiteside and the cowboys have tristen hill, but I don't know if either player develops. I feel the eagles do have a little more depth at receiver than the cowboys do at d. tackle. Nobody really wants to deal with division rivals, but my question is this, would you trade gallop to the eagles for malik jackson?