Video: Cowherd: Dis or Dak

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol. Yup. Let’s just get rid of our qb. Draft one and pray. Then when he wants money trade him too right? Great logic

Yeah draft one.. Drafting QB's high isn't this big scary thing you guys think it is.

If Dak was elite then i'd just pay him. He's not. So move on or let him hit the open market and pay him top dollar or let him walk based on what the league would offer.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Do you agree with his choices?

I actually like Cowherd but this is complete nonsense. Who cares where Goff was drafted. Brady wasnt drafted in 1st round. Does that mean anyone drafted higher is better.

Almost half those guys are not nearly as good as Dak

Who cares who can throw a pretty pass? It matters how you play under fire and Dak is pretty darn good

Cowherd is just being an idiot right now

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I actually like Cowherd but this is complete nonsense. Who cares where Goff was drafted. Brady wasnt drafted in 1st round. Does that mean anyone drafted higher is better.

Who cares who can throw a pretty pass? It matters how you play under fire and Dak is pretty darn good

I agree.. The Goff opinion was stupid.

Dak is better than Goff as well.

Goff is a better pure passer but the coach has to hold his hand and he lacks intangibles.

Either way.. Goff and Dak are not worth their contract.

Some of those guys you think Dak is better than most likely has to do with their situation.

Dak is lumped in with a lot of QB's that are similar. A guy like Dalton and Dak will get similar results all things =.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's clearly a ploy for attention. Ratings must be slipping.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colin loves Russell Wilson. He is butt hurt because Seattle tried to trade him for the first pick in 2018. He just wishes Seattle was as loyal to Russ as the Cowboys are to Dak. It’s funny how he compares Dak to Russell and he leaves out the Cowboys playoff win over his precious Seahawks were Dak outplayed Wilson.

Tell me you don't believe Prescott is anywhere even near the QB of Russell Wilson.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don’t think Wilson is all that. He plays well in the Seattle system. The guy is 5”10 I don’t think he would have outperformed Dak if he was our quarterback the last 4 years. For some reason Cowherd also leaves out that Seattle had an all time great defense during his Super Bowl run.
I think

Goff is a better pure passer but the coach has to hold his hand and he lacks intangibles.

Some of those guys you think Dak is better than most likely has to do with their situation.

Dak is lumped in with a lot of QB's that are similar. A guy like Dalton and Dak will get similar results all things =.
Maybe in his prime, but they're not at the same point in their career. No one is factoring that in.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He's been ok.

I think his conservative style of play makes us play under fire more often then we should.

Regardless.. He didn't play well enough for this team to have much post season success while he was on a cheap rookie deal and the team around him will not get stronger after he gets paid.

We already lost Quinn and Byron from last years team and it's a big reach to think we have replaced them.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We don't get to decide that. People said the same about Carr's deal, and then every one after that. Notice how those comments changed nothing, and that teams conducted their business based on the market, not public opinion.

If you gave the public a vote, they would rightly say that they're all overpaid, and they'd be right. That's not suddenly "Dak's fault".

But I'm glad that you can admit that Dak is better than Goff and Cowherd's 'list' is a bunch of nonsense.

Dak is lumped in with a lot of QB that are similar. A guy like Dalton and Dak will get similar results all things =.

I was liking this comment until you added that part at the end.
:thumbdown:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We don't get to decide that. People said the same about Carr's deal, and then every one after that. Notice how those comments changed nothing, and that teams conducted their business based on the market, not public opinion.

If you gave the public a vote, they would rightly say that they're all overpaid, and they'd be right. That's not suddenly "Dak's fault".

But I'm glad that you can admit that Dak is better than Goff and Cowherd's 'list' is a bunch of nonsense.

I was liking this comment until you added that part at the end.
:thumbdown:

You don't think we could've gone 8-8 with Dalton last year and 2-7 against teams with a .500 record or better?

Would we have gone 7-9 with Dalton? lol..

There isn't a big enough difference to validate the contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's been ok.

I think his conservative style of play makes us play under fire more often then we should.

"His style" or Garrett's style?

Regardless.. He didn't play well enough for this team to have much post season success while he was on a cheap rookie deal and the team around him will not get stronger after he gets paid.

We already lost Quinn and Byron from last years team and it's a big reach to think we have replaced them.

Let's see what Prescott and everyone else can do with better coaching.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't think we could've gone 8-8 with Dalton last year and 2-7 against teams with a .500 record or better?

Did you see Dalton's record last year?

Would we have gone 7-9 with Dalton? lol..

There isn't a big enough difference to validate the contract.

You need to get over 'validating the contract'. None have, none will, save for 'discount Tom Brady'.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yeah draft one.. Drafting QB's high isn't this big scary thing you guys think it is.

If Dak was elite then i'd just pay him. He's not. So move on or let him hit the open market and pay him top dollar or let him walk based on what the league would offer.
Drafting qbs high isn’t scary? So if burrow and tua fold in the NFL you think it is still not scary? Look at Chicago. They drafted one high. Goff was a first overall pick and you’re comparing him to Dak. So there you go. Your opinion makes no sense

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone inform stasheroo there's this thing called a supporting cast in football.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Drafting qbs high isn’t scary? So if burrow and tua fold in the NFL you think it is still not scary? Look at Chicago. They drafted one high. Goff was a first overall pick and you’re comparing him to Dak. So there you go. Your opinion makes no sense

Goff and Dak are still similar even though I think Dak is better.

The point is i'll draft a QB in round 1 and even if they are a little worse than Dak it's still better than paying Dak all that money.

I'll take Josh Allen on his current deal over Dak all day.