Video: Cowherd: Dis or Dak

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Every argument Colin makes is based on physical talent / attributes of a qb...all of those guys were drafted ahead of dak bc they're more talented

Unfortunately, talent and attributes don't = good qb..this guy and that guy and all those other guys throw pretty passes..too bad they're worse at playing qb than dak

But so does every Franchise. I mean, Dak is a perfect example of this. Dak really doesn't have a lot of physical attributes that stand out and you say, Dak has the best or strongest, insert attribute here, in the NFL. People like Dak because he is a good leader or he is mature or whatever none athletic reason. That's why Dak was still there in the 4th round. But a lot of guys who had the superior physical attributes were all off the board. So I don't really think that's much different them almost everybody in the NFL.

I mean, yeah, Dak is better then a lot of guys who have superior physical skills but then again, the list is pretty long for better QBs who had better skills then Dak, as well. I just think Cowherd kinda identifies with the same kinds of things he sees most NFL teams value at the position.

JBS

Reaction score
But so does every Franchise. I mean, Dak is a perfect example of this. Dak really doesn't have a lot of physical attributes that stand out and you say, Dak has the best or strongest, insert attribute here, in the NFL. People like Dak because he is a good leader or he is mature or whatever none athletic reason. That's why Dak was still there in the 4th round. But a lot of guys who had the superior physical attributes were all off the board. So I don't really think that's much different them almost everybody in the NFL.

I mean, yeah, Dak is better then a lot of guys who have superior physical skills but then again, the list is pretty long for better QBs who had better skills then Dak, as well. I just think Cowherd kinda identifies with the same kinds of things he sees most NFL teams value at the position.

The point is, most of those guys were considered better than Dak coming out..most of them are no longer better than Dak now. Just a generic example..Brady doesn't have many, if any elite physical tools...he's still the GOAT...playing qb is a lot more than just talent

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Do you agree with his choices?

Yeah when he chose Matt Ryan and Garoppolo over Prescott that was the end of the conversation for me. But he throws such a pretty football
“We’re not going to come in here and try to revamp people … you don’t need to with [Prescott]. I had a chance to play with Warren Moon my second and third years. And I feel like he throws the ball very similar to Warren. It’s one of the tightest spirals you’ll ever see.” - Jon Kitna

Colin Cowherd knows less about football than my 14 year old son. My youngest son broke my heart for several years. He followed the Seahawks because of Russell Wilson, then the Panthers because of Cam Newton. But then 2016 Dak Prescott arrived and he loves Dak and follows the Cowboys. The final nail in the coffin was the 2018 playoff win over Russell Wilson Seahawks. My home is at peace again with all Cowboy fans. I thought I was going to have to drop that child in the desert one Sunday before Dak Prescott "Warren Moon" tight spirals arrived in Dallas to hypnotize my 14 year old into a Cowboys fan.

cmoney23

Reaction score
Every argument Colin makes is based on physical talent / attributes of a qb...all of those guys were drafted ahead of dak bc they're more talented

Unfortunately, talent and attributes don't = good qb..this guy and that guy and all those other guys throw pretty passes..too bad they're worse at playing qb than dak
^^ This.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Not with Mayfield or Tannehill...yet he still took Dak...correctly, I might add.

He only took 10 or 11 guys over Dak, but they didn't ask him about Brady or Brees or even Murray...plus he left out rookies for good reason.

Most people just standing outside the box looking in--so neither fans or haters---usually say Dak is in the top 8-14 QBs, so he wasn't nuts here. Plus some of his selecting was on upside--like Allen and Darnold....right or wrong.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’m not one for speculation. How do you think Prescott does in the Super Bowl instead of Garoppolo. Do you know what I don’t even think it’s the issue they should’ve kept running the ball. That’s the worst quarterback play I’ve ever seen in a playoff game Patrick Mahomes he’s sucked. Yeah I know one game doesn’t tell you much but he sucked the entire playoffs
We should have a better overall picture of Garoppolo this year. Last year he was just coming off missing a full season from an ACL. So year two he should be back to full strength.
I'm curious. Sure wasn't impressive in the playoffs last year.

CapnB

Reaction score
Listening to those talking heads is like listening to Charlie Browns teacher. A bunch of noise and it makes no sense at all.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“We’re not going to come in here and try to revamp people … you don’t need to with [Prescott]. I had a chance to play with Warren Moon my second and third years. And I feel like he throws the ball very similar to Warren. It’s one of the tightest spirals you’ll ever see.” - Jon Kitna

Colin Cowherd knows less about football than my 14 year old son. My youngest son broke my heart for several years. He followed the Seahawks because of Russell Wilson, then the Panthers because of Cam Newton. But then 2016 Dak Prescott arrived and he loves Dak and follows the Cowboys. The final nail in the coffin was the 2018 playoff win over Russell Wilson Seahawks. My home is at peace again with all Cowboy fans. I thought I was going to have to drop that child in the desert one Sunday before Dak Prescott "Warren Moon" tight spirals arrived in Dallas to hypnotize my 14 year old into a Cowboys fan.
I work out with a two time Super Bowl running back. Just saying

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
2 guys that have been in a SB? those 2 guys
So your point. It’s called teamwork. Not quarterback work. The only reason why we haven’t been is it one word Jason Garrett. That’s the team coaching

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It’s the off-season..

There is a pandemic going on.

No sports to talk about.

You’re on a Cowboys message board forum.

The entire sports nation is talking about Dak’s contract so please don’t blame me for your dislike of the topic.

If you don’t like the discussion please simply do not click on the thread with the discussion.
Yes, it's a forum. In which fans post their opinions even if you don't like it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So your point. It’s called teamwork. Not quarterback work. The only reason why we haven’t been is it one word Jason Garrett. That’s the team coaching
you telling me QBs arent judged based upon ONE THING????You hardly ever hear Marino or Fouts talked about anymore. if Fouts had 2 SB titles, hed be in that discussion of greatest ever.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you telling me QBs arent judged based upon ONE THING????You hardly ever hear Marino or Fouts talked about anymore. if Fouts had 2 SB titles, hed be in that discussion of greatest ever.
Only by the ignorant. People that don’t understand.Jim Kelly Warren Moon Marino. I could go on. But some will never get it.Many great quarterbacks without a ring. Again only the ignorant on the subject