Video: Cowherd: Dis or Dak

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Did you see Dalton's record last year?

You need to get over 'validating the contract'. None have, none will, save for 'discount Tom Brady'.

They also are not winning Superbowls and that's kind of the whole point of all of this.. Is to win Superbowls.

After our lack of success for so long I guess I have to remind people of what the standard is and what puts us in a worse position to get back to that standard.

Paying Dak is a 1 way ticket to mediocre ville and that is why Cowherd is saying Cowboy haters should hope they do this deal. He's right as well.

Pay elite and move on from these tier 2 and 3 QB's and sign someone elses tier 2 or 3 QB that is at the right market value.

If the team is good enough then Kirk Cousins is not going to bring you significantly better results then a guy like Case Keenum.

Almost everyone besides 50% of the Cowboy fan base is saying this deal is bad for the Cowboys and the biggest Cowboy haters are the guys saying to pay him because they know that keeps their Cowboy hate business open.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone inform stasheroo there's this thing called a supporting cast in football.

Why not tell me yourself?

Is this your attempted excuse for being totally wrong about Prescott vs Wentz?

The schtick is funny and entertaining, but if you actually believe it, it turns into just being embarrassing for you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They also are not winning Superbowls and that's kind of the whole point of all of this.. Is to win Superbowls.

Where's your support for that? Let me guess, the 'Brady effect' where he and the Patriots win every other year while he's giving them a discount?

After our lack of success for so long I guess I have to remind people of what the standard is and what puts us in a worse position to get back to that standard.

Paying Dak is a 1 way ticket to mediocre ville and that is why Cowherd is saying Cowboy haters should hope they do this deal. He's right as well.

Pay elite and move on from these tier 2 and 3 QB's and sign someone elses tier 2 or 3 QB that is at the right market value.

If the team is good enough then Kirk Cousins is not going to bring you significantly better results then a guy like Case Keenum.

Almost everyone besides 50% of the Cowboy fan base is saying this deal is bad for the Cowboys and the biggest Cowboy haters are the guys saying to pay him because they know that keeps their Cowboy hate business open.

And I guess you failed to notice that these same clowns you're taking cues from said nothing when the Rams paid Goff and the Eagles paid Wentz? Two guys that have accomplished far less. But yeah, you go ahead and take your marching orders from those guys...

Reactions: G2

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Where's your support for that? Let me guess, the 'Brady effect' where he and the Patriots win every other year while he's giving them a discount?

And I guess you failed to notice that these same clowns you're taking cues from said nothing when the Rams paid Goff and the Eagles paid Wentz? Two guys that have accomplished far less. But yeah, you go ahead and take your marching orders from those guys...

Where is my support?

It goes back to the mid 90's..

QB's taking up 13% or more of the cap just don't win Superbowls.

Vets taking discounts and QB's on rookie deal win titles.

Mega deal QB's win nothing.

Paying a slightly above mediocre QB like Dak is an obvious step in the wrong direction for a Superbowl.

With the amount of whining about this and that part of the team not being good enough that the "pay Dak" guys go on about you would think they could do some math and or just look around the league and see that when you pay the QB you give up some things somewhere on your team.

We just waived goodbye to a top 3-5 NFL corner and Robert Quinn who was lightning off the edge and our hope is now a 2nd round rookie and a guy who has been out of the league for 5 years.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where is my support?

It goes back to the mid 90's..

QB's taking up 13% or more of the cap just don't win Superbowls.

Vets taking discounts and QB's on rookie deal win titles.

Nobody 'takes discounts', that's where your Fairy Tale ends.

Mega deal QB's win nothing.

Paying a slightly above mediocre QB like Dak is an obvious step in the wrong direction for a Superbowl.

You can type that "mediocre" nonsense until your fingers bleed and it will never be true.

With the amount of whining about this and that part of the team not being good enough that the "pay Dak" guys go on about you would think they could do some math and or just look around the league and see that when you pay the QB you give up some things somewhere on your team.

You start first before you try to tell anyone else.

We just waived goodbye a top 3-5 NFL corner and Robert Quinn who was lightning off the edge and our hope is now a rookie and a guy who has been out of the league for 5 years.

Blame the Bears for that. Their GM is a joke trying to save his job, and like the rest of the worst run teams in the league, paid crazy money for a good player.

BigD_95

Reaction score
He's been ok.

I think his conservative style of play makes us play under fire more often then we should.

Regardless.. He didn't play well enough for this team to have much post season success while he was on a cheap rookie deal and the team around him will not get stronger after he gets paid.

We already lost Quinn and Byron from last years team and it's a big reach to think we have replaced them.

Couple of things.

Dak has been better than ok. Last year he took a major leap forward with throwing the ball down the field. While he isnt a top QB at that he did a pretty good job although he missed several cant miss throws.

I agree it will be hard to have a better team when he starts getting his salary I do not think its impossible if Cowboys continue to draft well

As far as losing Quinn & Byron ...while those are big losses we did massively improve at DT and improved some at safety. Overall the corner situation could get better. Seems like we have better quality depth.

Now on Daks play. First we were a playoff team last year. That was on coaching more than Dak. We have improved there massively.

I do admit Im worried about Dak fitting MM offensive system though because Dak is not an accurate QB. MM system is made for quick release & receivers to catch the pass in stride and get RAC yards. Too many of Dak's passes the receivers have to slow down, reach low or high or behind them to catch the ball. Dak also holds onto the ball too long and cant anticipate the receiver becoming open. Dak needs to see his guys open "Dak friendly". This is a big concern I have with Dak in this system.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nobody 'takes discounts', that's where your Fairy Tale ends.

You can type that "mediocre" nonsense until your fingers bleed and it will never be true.

You start first before you try to tell anyone else.

Blame the Bears for that. Their GM is a joke trying to save his job, and like the rest of the worst run teams in the league, paid crazy money for a good player.

I’m not asking Dak to take a discount.

Im asking the Cowboys to let him hit Free Agency and if he moves on then so be it.. We already have a nice bridge player in Dalton who can get us to the next guy.

No big deal.

Dallas doesn’t have to be stupid because other teams have elected to be stupid.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not asking Dak to take a discount.

Im asking the Cowboys to let him hit Free Agency and if he moves on then so be it.. We already have a nice bridge player in Dalton who can get us to the next guy.

No big deal.

Dallas doesn’t have to be stupid because other teams have elected to be stupid.

No, they could always call Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook and see what they're doing.
:rolleyes:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Keep typing it, maybe someday even you will believe it's true.

I do believe it..

There is a long list of similar NFL QBs that the only thing that separates them is the parts around them..

There are trucks and trailers in this league and Dak is a trailer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do believe it..

There is a long list of similar NFL QBs that the only thing that separates them is the parts around them..

There are trucks and trailers in this league and Dak is a trailer.

Has anyone ever told you that your overall assessment of the NFL quarterback positions is askew?

o_O

If not, allow me to be the first.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The pay Dak crowd is the new Jason Garrett supporter.

The next Landry types.

Some of us know it’s stupid and some of you still buy into what’s obviously a bad move.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He a fan of analytics of convenience. He quotes them when it suits him.

These "eye test" guys are getting old.

Exactly right. He uses them when it suits his argument of the day and avoids them like the plague when they don't.

But he still seems able to fool a great many people.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
why do people obsess over what COLIN COWHERD says? if you find yourself agreeing with a hot take artist like skip or cowherd, you're likely off.
can we stop posting their garbage here?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
The pay Dak crowd is the new Jason Garrett supporter.

The next Landry types.

Some of us know it’s stupid and some of you still buy into what’s obviously a bad move.

cool dude, we get it, do you truly never have anything better to do than to start Dak threads? there's like hundreds from you. my lord. let people have their opinions. your opinion is not fact. find a hobby outside this message board.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
cool dude, we get it, do you truly never have anything better to do than to start Dak threads? there's like hundreds from you. my lord. let people have their opinions. your opinion is not fact. find a hobby outside this message board.

It’s the off-season..

There is a pandemic going on.

No sports to talk about.

You’re on a Cowboys message board forum.

The entire sports nation is talking about Dak’s contract so please don’t blame me for your dislike of the topic.

If you don’t like the discussion please simply do not click on the thread with the discussion.