Cowherd: Nick Wright believes Dak Prescott and Bill Belichick are a package deal for Giants

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys biggest nightmare would be Dak ending up with the Giants. The last thing they want do is face him twice every season. The Cowboys would end up with the worst QB situation in the NFC East, assuming Daniels pans out for Washington. If Dak were to end up with the Giants, we might end up with Daniel Jones. We’ll see how excited Cowboys Nation would be about that. :laugh: I’m sure there’s a few bozos out there that would rather have Daniel Jones than Dak

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys have only had to face one of their long time starting QBs once and that was Craig Morton in Super Bowl Xll.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for . Bill could know how to better utilize his abilities and lack thereof.

I’d prefer Prescott going to someone outside our division. I could see him in the South wiltering away.

Don’t put an average to above average QB with Bill on a mission with something to prove.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys have only had to face one of their long time starting QBs once and that was Craig Morton in Super Bowl Xll.
I’m pretty sure we faced Beuerlein after he left with either or AZ or Car. And how about Walsh at NO. I’d have to look it up.

But they weren’t “ long time stating QB’s” here. For that matter neither was Morton only starting in 1969 and 1970.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I wanted Belichick or Cowher to Dallas. I heard they wouldn’t like it here because they can’t call all the shots but I’d hate the Giants to have one of those guys plus Dak. I’d rather have a rookie QB then pay Dak 60m, but him on a div rival would be bad he would beat us every time.
Why? Dak isn't going to do jack when you take away his run game.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys biggest nightmare would be Dak ending up with the Giants. The last thing they want do is face him twice every season. The Cowboys would end up with the worst QB situation in the NFC East, assuming Daniels pans out for Washington. If Dak were to end up with the Giants, we might end up with Daniel Jones. We’ll see how excited Cowboys Nation would be about that. :laugh: I’m sure there’s a few bozos out there that would rather have Daniel Jones than Dak
Behind that offensive line with the weapons they have...yeah, terrifying to think of having to face him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Behind that offensive line with the weapons they have...yeah, terrifying to think of having to face him.
It would be terrifying with some of the eggs our defense has laid against a lot lesser QBs. Especially if we’re stuck with Daniel Jones, Bailey Zappe or Tyler Huntley as our starter. I’m sure that’ll get everyone excited for training camp next summer and the upcoming season, watching several castoffs compete for the starting job if Dak walks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure we faced Beuerlein after he left with either or AZ or Car. And how about Walsh at NO. I’d have to look it up.

But they weren’t “ long time stating QB’s” here. For that matter neither was Morton only starting in 1969 and 1970.
I’m only responding to you because you misinterpreted my post. Beuerlein and Walsh were backups who only started because Troy Aikman was injured. I said long time starters so fans wouldn’t include backup QBs who got starts due to injury. Craig Morton started 46 games for the Cowboys from 1965 to 1972. He was our full time starter from 1969 to 1970. He also started four games during the 71 season competing in a QB competition with Roger Staubach. He’s best remembered for being the Cowboys starting QB when they reached their first Super Bowl in 1970.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
And again, the media news is not news, it's to generate clicks for their networks. Nothing to see here...

triplets_93

Reaction score
And again, the media news is not news, it's to generate clicks for their networks. Nothing to see here...

The title of this thread itself was clickbait.
A less mis-leading title would have been:
Nick Wright believes Dak Prescott and Bill Belichick are a package deal next season to the Giants

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Every year cowherd finds several opportunities to prove he is a moron and he is sucessful.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I don't get why everyone thinks Dak is getting his huge deal SOMEWHERE next season. IF he doesn't get it here, there's no guarantee he doesn't stink out the joint this season. He ain't ending up in NY if that happens.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m only responding to you because you misinterpreted my post. Beuerlein and Walsh were backups who only started because Troy Aikman was injured. I said long time starters so fans wouldn’t include backup QBs who got starts due to injury. Craig Morton started 46 games for the Cowboys from 1965 to 1972. He was our full time starter from 1969 to 1970. He also started four games during the 71 season competing in a QB competition with Roger Staubach. He’s best remembered for being the Cowboys starting QB when they reached their first Super Bowl in 1970.
I stated they weren’t long term starting QB’s. And not sure Morton would be defined as “ long term” either for basically 2 years as a starter. Only reason I responded.

Almost half of Mortons 46 starts were not in a starting role coming off the bench before 1969 or alternating games in early 1971. Came off the bench again from 72-74. So if you’re going to consider or define Craig as longterm then I felt the others in a backup role much like Craig was most of his years in Dallas was worth mentioning,

I was a long time fan of Morton who should be considered with some of the best QB’s in Cowboy history probably only after Roger, Troy and Don.

He was afterall 1st QB to lead two different NFL franchises to a SB. The first of course to lead us to SB as you mentioned. He’s also in the Bronco ring of honor. And he’s the longest tenured drafted Cowboys QB in NFL history ( 18 years).

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm quaking in my boots of having to face a choker QB twice a season.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I don't get why everyone thinks Dak is getting his huge deal SOMEWHERE next season. IF he doesn't get it here, there's no guarantee he doesn't stink out the joint this season. He ain't ending up in NY if that happens.
He won't. It's just people trying to gaslight because the tide has turned in the direction of this being Dak's final season with Dallas. So now they are trying to instill fear that Dak will get a huge pay day with another team as if Dallas is making a huge mistake. They are also trying to instill fear by suggesting Dak is going to destroy Dallas twice a year if he goes to a division rival.

Neither thing will happen because even Jerry knows Dak ain't worth what he's asking. No other team is going to break the bank for him, not even bottom feeders because Dak is old. That ship has sailed.

At best Dak gets a decent deal with a bottom feeder. All contenders already have established QBs most of whom are younger than Dak and/or have already accomplished more than Dak.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Facing Dak 2 times a season would be the best thing to happen to us in a long time.
How are we ending up with Jones?
You Dakdavidians are truly unique o_O