Cowherd: Nick Wright believes Dak Prescott and Bill Belichick are a package deal for Giants

John813

Reaction score
Why not at least they know they have a proven guy in this league

If this season is a trainwreck, and it's more than just Jones blowing ***, then I have to wonder if they want to go the draft route again than paying Dak top market rate and expecting that's the cure to their poor performance.
Who knows, maybe Mara would do it just to try to one up Dallas.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Belichick would not have Dak as his starting quarterback never in a million years.
Funny story though.
He's right about one thing, though. If Jerry was going to pay Dak, he would have paid Dak by now. I've been saying that for 8 months.

Last edited:

pitt33

Reaction score
Just don’t see this happening.

Perhaps he will test FA but not NY.

Jipper

Reaction score
None of these guys know anything, they are just going for clicks

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup.

Dak’s 2024 cap hit is $55+ mil plus $40 mil cap hit in 2025.

How can they add to that mess when CD and Micah have to get paid?
That is one possibility. In my opinion, Dak Prescott will not seek playing in the NFC East if-and-after leaving Dallas.

Additionally, I believe age is working against Bill Belichick's head coaching prospects. He should have been the hottest commodity this past offseason at 72 years old and no franchise took the bait. I doubt interest will increase for him at 73 years old, no matter how teams finish this season.

Now, I will sit back and wait for reality to reveal what actually happens. I will admit right now that I will be somewhat shocked if any part of Nick Wright's prediction comes true. Nonetheless, Wright's prediction is one humdinger of a guess in my view.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I like watching his takes, but I don't see this one. NYC spotlight for Dak would be too much, and there is nothing on that team in it's current state outside of the young WR
Believe belichek is coming here next year after this team fails to make the playoffs and Jerry fires everyone and cedes complete control to Stephen

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yup.

Dak’s 2024 cap hit is $55+ mil plus $40 mil cap hit in 2025.

How can they add to that mess when CD and Micah have to get paid?
The same way all the other cash strapped teams seem to participate in free agency.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Believe belichek is coming here next year after this team fails to make the playoffs and Jerry fires everyone and cedes complete control to Stephen
one can only wish, lol. Both you and I know this won't happen though

Proof

Reaction score
I like watching his takes, but I don't see this one. NYC spotlight for Dak would be too much, and there is nothing on that team in it's current state outside of the young WR
hyatt and robinson are pretty interesting running mates with nabors. i feel their wr's could be pretty dangerous honestly (with a qb). and that defense after adding burns is going to be pretty nasty.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don't think Dak going to NY is that far fetched. I think fans crap on their roster, but in reality they have some really good players, especially in the trenches. If Nabers turns out to be the weapon a lot of people think he is that team with an upgraded QB is immediately in playoff contention.

This is a legitimate 'year away' team if they can get the QB position right.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
hyatt and robinson are pretty interesting running mates with nabors. i feel their wr's could be pretty dangerous honestly (with a qb). and that defense after adding burns is going to be pretty nasty.
the team will be improved, but lots of work to do to compete still. Wouldn't be shocked to see a W over this Cowboys outfit either

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

One can only hope Nick is correct!!!!!
GO BIG BLUE!

I used to think Belichick and Dak were a possibility.

But does Belichick want a veteran QB who looks bad in the playoffs for top league dollar? I'm thinking not.

I assume Belichick wants more than a paycheck. He wants a championship to prove he can do it without Brady. That's not the deal to take if you want a championship.

stinkface

Reaction score
Who thinks up this crap. As I remind all crazy folks, don't do drugs.