Cowherd on the Cowboys 28-23 loss vs. Eagles

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Have you considered that both the Eagles and the Cowboys are not really very good? Winning a game against the Cowboys does not get Philly a trophy. Had the Cowboys won, there would be no trophy for that, either. Dallas Cowboys fans should be hoping SF and Philadelphia are good teams. Because if they’re not, there will be no Super Bowl for the NFC this season. Certainly not for the Dallas Cowboys.
Of course they are good, along with the Lions and if they get right the 9ers. These are the top 4 teams in the NFC. The AFC has 2 teams that are better than the 3 listed, and as of today I'd pick the Bungles or the Ravens over any of those. This is the NFL though, and anything can and will likely happen

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
They didn’t lose him. They know where he is. He is the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. So they have a different one now. Isn’t that how the NFL works?
that was a sarcastic comment. shrugs.eagles offense hasn't been nothing to brag about all year.

LysleE

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of CC, but in this instance he is not wrong. The Cowboys have been plagued by these same issues for years. This is what happens when mediocrity is embraced with no accountability…another organizational failure by the Jones’ braintrust.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of CC, but in this instance he is not wrong. The Cowboys have been plagued by these same issues for years. This is what happens when mediocrity is embraced with no accountability…another organizational failure by the Jones’ braintrust.
I used to not believe it, but now I'm concluding that we need changes from the top down before we can become contenders.

BHendri5

Reaction score
he's wrong all day everyday and twice on sunday

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is probably my biggest gripe with Dak. The dude pretty much refuses to throw the ball away when a play isn't there. He's done it his whole career. Definitely makes me question his overall football intel. or just general awareness. Romo did similar things sometimes so I had an issue with it with him as well.
He has no pocket awareness and often rolls into the pressure. It’s hard to watch sometimes bc he could buy a whole lot more time if he simply had a better awareness of where the pressure is coming from. Guys like Mahomes and Hurts seem to have a 6th sense. Dak has the opposite problem and rolls into the collapsing part of the pocket.
At this point, he should just always roll left bc you know Steele didn’t block his guy.

BHendri5

Reaction score
He has no pocket awareness and often rolls into the pressure. It’s hard to watch sometimes bc he could buy a whole lot more time if he simply had a better awareness of where the pressure is coming from. Guys like Mahomes and Hurts seem to have a 6th sense. Dak has the opposite problem and rolls into the collapsing part of the pocket.
At this point, he should just always roll left bc you know Steele didn’t block his guy.
LOL, Hurts? he's dumb as a box of rocks

Reaction score
Critical mistakes at critical moments

The mission statement of the Dallas Cowboys since 1996

dfense

Reaction score
Well oiled machine? How many penalties and yards did they give up on a 46 second drive with 0 timeouts?

yes, Dallas shot themselves in the foot, but the Eagles were far from perfect.
Wasting a TO challenging a penalty.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This dude is a dumb pluck. he thinks he is the smartest man in the room, but really he is the village idiot.
Did you watch the closing goal to go series?

I'd say Cowherd pretty much nailed it

Dallas couldn't get out of it's own way

foofighters

Reaction score
I don't really like this guy but he's not wrong at all.
He echoes my sentiments . We matched up as good as anyone could expect.

But at the end of the game The eagles performed like a well-oiled machine and we were a disorganized mess.
This along with the fact that we couldn't run the ball and we were one dimensional cost us the game.
Three rushing first downs like he said we needed to get Derrick Henry at the trade deadline and Jerry let us down the same sentiment I've been preaching for a month
Nah, I wouldn't say the eagles are a well oiled machine. They didn't do much but hold on for dear life in the 4th Q. They had two killer penalties that put the Cowboys in amazing position to win that game. It's just that...hey, we are the Cowboys and we find better ways to lose games than other teams...