Cowherd on the Cowboys 28-23 loss vs. Eagles

khiladi

Reaction score
Told you, Dallas the last 3 games has been getting away with Dak breaking pocket and defenses haven't planned for it. This cuts down the decision-making for him. As I said years ago, he can "street ball", but it's not a recipe for sustained success and never is. If you notice, he starting to make it a habit, bailing early now.

Look at the play to 3:47, where he is staring directly at Cook, who was wide open... But Dak pulled down and took off and then played streetball.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Tennessee has a young developmental quarterback they were not trading King Henry for day three picks. When is the board going to get that through their heads. Henry was not available unless someone offered a Kings ransom.
I'm not getting it through my head until we have made a legitimate offer and they refuse it I'm not saying a king's Ransom but a very legitimate offer it's over now anyway it's too late we are stuck with what we have

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’m not even going to listen to what Cowherd says. He’s up there with SAS and Skip Bayless as far as idiocy and using the Cowboys for clicks.

Yup, and I do not care what either of them have to say. They're just idiotic talking heads who spew their nonsense for clicks.

shabazz

Reaction score
And yet he got this right. The Eagles find ways to win games while the Cowboys find ways to lose them. It's been that way for a few years now.
My thoughts exactly.

he’s right , but still an odd bird. His man crush on Herbert is a bit confusing, for one

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They are very much 8-1 by some luck IMO. Their pass defense has been awful, they are banged up, and their QB is a shell of his play from last year. Sunday night there is no denial in my mind that we were the better team, but again fell short. Don't forget the better team doesn't always win, but the smarter one does and did
They weren’t even smart though. They just win. It ain’t always pretty but their talent allows them to win even not playing perfect.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I’m not even going to listen to what Cowherd says. He’s up there with SAS and Skip Bayless as far as idiocy and using the Cowboys for clicks.
Well, then you missed a really good point because of your Genetic Fallacy.

He asked a very pertinent question. Why do the Eagles, with a younger QB and younger Head Coach look much more well oiled than the Cowboys who often look chaotic especially when it is the moment to win the game?

plymkr

Reaction score
Well, then you missed a really good point because of your Genetic Fallacy.

He asked a very pertinent question. Why do the Eagles, with a younger QB and younger Head Coach look much more well oiled than the Cowboys who often look chaotic especially when it is the moment to win the game?
Thanks for pointing out my genetic fallacy. Now that I’m aware of it I can work on it. I don’t need to listen to Cowherd’s voice to address the question why our team looks unprofessional. Jerry Jones and no accountability causes no repercussions for unprofessional or inadequate play on the field. Cowherd is really onto something here. He must have a team of detectives working around the clock because he asked a question that has been discussed on this board for 15 years now.

We blow it on first and goal at the 6 with 27 seconds left because our amateur GM only hires coaches he can manipulate. That poor quality coach doesn’t pay attention to details but isn’t worried about his job because he puffs up Jerry’s ego. The players aren’t worried about their jobs because they know the GM desperately wants to be liked by them. All of this produces undisciplined play on the field. The well oiled machine left when Jimmy left. It’s been chaos ever since.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's irrelevant. Often plays have to be changed on the fly. Having to do so does not make it okay to commit an unforced error that costs us 2 points.
It absolutely matters. If players do their job with the correct play call then Dak isn't forced to scramble and make something happen while being chased and pushed by a defender.

Dak has his faults but I only see folks here blaming Dak.

Not Steele and his 12 pressures giving up or the defense not getting stops especially in the 3rd quarter or penalties.

It's never team blame, it's the blame Dak game

Also I don't get how most of y'all had Dallas losing this game but it's upset that didn't win. If they outcome is what you predicted stop getting upset

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It absolutely matters. If players do their job with the correct play call then Dak isn't forced to scramble and make something happen while being chased and pushed by a defender.

Not Steele and his 12 pressures giving up or the defense not getting stops especially in the 3rd quarter or penalties.

Also I don't get how most of y'all had Dallas losing this game but it's upset that didn't win. If they outcome is what you predicted stop getting upset

Exactly

kskboys

Reaction score

I had us winning. I'm upset because they handed the game to us on a silver platter, and we said No Thanks.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he's right! It was the stupid penalties and plays that did the Cowboys in. Whereas, the Eagles also had they fair share of the same but when it counted, they bowed their backs and pulled out a victory which is how elite teams do it and the Cowboys are not an elite team.
By getting numerous calls on their last TD drive. It was sickening.

plymkr

Reaction score
I had us winning. I'm upset because they handed the game to us on a silver platter, and we said No Thanks.
Yeah, they handed us the game on a silver platter and then we gave it away by being undisciplined and stupid. I’m fine losing if a team is better, but I didn’t feel the Eagles were better. We were just sloppy and undisciplined. I hate losing like that. It’s frustrating.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, they handed us the game on a silver platter and then we gave it away by being undisciplined and stupid. I’m fine losing if a team is better, but I didn’t feel the Eagles were better. We were just sloppy and undisciplined. I hate losing like that. It’s frustrating.
We outplayed them majorly. It was sickening.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Actually, the better team did not win Sunday that is my concern with this team. As much as I want to think otherwise, we are the better team and continually find ways to lose, and that is what Colin and others have said about this team for years (which is true). The 9ers played their game of a lifetime against us and we played the worst we can.
Have you considered that both the Eagles and the Cowboys are not really very good? Winning a game against the Cowboys does not get Philly a trophy. Had the Cowboys won, there would be no trophy for that, either. Dallas Cowboys fans should be hoping SF and Philadelphia are good teams. Because if they’re not, there will be no Super Bowl for the NFC this season. Certainly not for the Dallas Cowboys.

links18

Reaction score
Well oiled machine? How many penalties and yards did they give up on a 46 second drive with 0 timeouts?

yes, Dallas shot themselves in the foot, but the Eagles were far from perfect.
No team is perfect. Still, Eagles put up more points with less offensive production. That's called efficiency. Meanwhile, our 8 year veteran leader QB doesn't know where the bloody sideline is on a game changing play.