Cowherd speculation

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's just talking out his butt like normal. I watched the same and just felt he was blowing hit air on what he thought.

To put in perspective how out of touch some of these talking mouthpieces are, he also said Dallas has Cooper and could trade him as compensation to NO.

How would they be able to do that when they are 70 million over the cap?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How is Payton any different than MM? Both are former QB coaches that haven’t won anything in a decade.

People will be saying Payton can't win without Brees just like they say McCarthy can't win without Rodgers.

So the Dak haters will be all set no matter which guy is the coach here; since they'll have a generational quarterback to compare him to.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Payton is basically at a point in his life where like a lot of veteran quarterbacks, he either wants a chance at a Super Bowl with a great team around him or he would rather do something else.

He may not be "retiring for" Dallas, but he may be "retiring unless" Dallas.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
*logs in*

*sees multiple Payton threads*

scrat-ice-age.gif

*logs out*

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He sure seems to think Payton to Cowboys is a highly likely possibility.

Hearing Jerry’s stance on not moving on from McCarthy has changed in recent days.

Payton still has a house in Dallas.

Cowherd said Payton’s agent has reached out to FS1 so he obviously knows some things.

Says Payton likes Dak.

Says we have some pieces to trade to make the move.

Just sayin’

Make it happen Jerry. We need this.
Please please please!!!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He sure seems to think Payton to Cowboys is a highly likely possibility.

Hearing Jerry’s stance on not moving on from McCarthy has changed in recent days.

Payton still has a house in Dallas.

Cowherd said Payton’s agent has reached out to FS1 so he obviously knows some things.

Says Payton likes Dak.

Says we have some pieces to trade to make the move.

Just sayin’

Make it happen Jerry. We need this.
Who is FS1?????

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Payton is likely headed to FOX. Dallas isn't ponying up the draft comp the Saints would likely be seeking. At least, I don't see it.

This is where the Cowboys shine. Like clockwork, after elimination we get a ton of Jerry talking about his confusion and frustration leaving the sucker element *most Cowboy fans* believing that he's had it. That changes are imminent. Big changes!

This lingers in the air and carries to ESPN, FSN, the NFL Network, and anyone with a talking head to spare. Sports talk, message boards, water cooler passers all glom on to it. When the truth in actuality is, you're only getting replacement staff for those moving on to bigger and better. I mean, there will be some turnover down the trough but nothing like you were hoping. Or needing.

And does it matter? But yeah, this is where the club truly excels. God bless them.
Booger is doing nothing more than trying to remain relevant to the media after his team is out. He cannot stand anyone else getting camera and mic time.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if he did. If MM is suddenly fired or we hear Payton is leaving then we will worry about it..

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Well two things come to mind:

1) For some reason it strikes me that some current Cowboys coach also took a year off of coaching, and then came back to lying about his credentials to become our next head coach

2) If I am that coach with the initials MM, how uncomrotable am I coming to work next year knowing this is looming over my head?