Cowherd speculation

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would love to have Sean Payton here, but that’s not happening. The guy is a legend and the Saints aren’t going to let him walk away for cheap, if he decides to return and their next HC turns out to be good.
According to Florio they had already agreed on compensation when there would have been no year off.

Also in a year when Dallas had no first in the upcoming draft.

That proves nothing but given that, plus the frugality of the kid, do you really think it was anything beyond a 2nd as compensation?

After he sits out a year and NO hires another coach, part of their implied recourse would be to fire that guy and bring back Payton, which would be a bad look and has never happened anywhere.

I think he is in Dallas after this year for a 3rd round pick and everyone wins.

Zman5

Reaction score
So does this mean Saints HC position is open? Maybe we can get KM a job there. Tell them "Hey last time you took our OC as the HC, you did alright."

khiladi

Reaction score
According to Florio they had already agreed on compensation when there would have been no year off.

Also in a year when Dallas had no first in the upcoming draft.

That proves nothing but given that, plus the frugality of the kid, do you really think it was anything beyond a 2nd as compensation?

After he sits out a year and NO hires another coach, part of their implied recourse would be to fire that guy and bring back Payton, which would be a bad look and has never happened anywhere.

I think he is in Dallas after this year for a 3rd round pick and everyone wins.

Believe me, I would be hype. But I just don’t buy it, it’s too good to be true.

blueblood70

Reaction score
so 12 SP posts with all rumor no bite and nothing said BY SP HIMSELF.. can we merge these do you all need to have your very own posts ..smh this is the Dallas cowboy forum not rumor mill hopeful waste of space

fivetwos

Reaction score
Believe me, I would be hype. But I just don’t buy it, it’s too good to be true.
Payton and Jerry are legit friends. No secret.

I think Sean takes a year off to recharge, Jerry sees what happens with MM who he has to pay anyway...

Even if next year is an exact replica of this year Jerry is going to need something at that time to sell to the fans.

He will be here, it just won't be this year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Garrett went 13-3 with Dak

Just to be clear, you think:
Dak=Taysom Hill
Payton=McCarthy
Garrett >McCarthy and Payton?

Sure .. again show me the 2013-2016 team with Payton and Brees...Is Dak better than Brees? you guys crack me up "We are a coach away".."we are a QB away" no dude we have an owner who literally has spent the last 26 year trying to disprove his own success.. anyone who doesnt get this is literally delusional at this point.

UncleRico

Reaction score
Sure .. again show me the 2013-2016 team with Payton and Brees...Is Dak better than Brees? you guys crack me up "We are a coach away".."we are a QB away" no dude we have an owner who literally has spent the last 26 year trying to disprove his own success.. anyone who doesnt get this is literally delusional at this point.
Not sure what you’re even talking about. The post you responded to wasn’t even directed at you and had nothing to do with what you just rambled on about.

but cool man, go Cowboys

UncleRico

Reaction score
This is false..you really need to know anything about contracts before you say this....
That is what is being reported. I could be wrong for sure though, just going by what I’ve read.

How can contract continue if he retires? Teach me

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not sure what you’re even talking about. The post you responded to wasn’t even directed at you and had nothing to do with what you just rambled on about.

but cool man, go Cowboys

Umm first you posted on a public forum...second your trying to make comparisons between situations that are not the same..Last and really the most important..we are not a coach away from winning...either Jerry changes or he doesnt, period nothing else matters as Metallica said.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That is what is being reported. I could be wrong for sure though, just going by what I’ve read.

How can contract continue if he retires? Teach me

I'm not teaching anything..contracts have binding dates...think of it as a no compete clause contract. Payton can not take the same job with anyone until the current contract he signed is forgiven or compensation is given...so anyone who wants Payton is at the mercy of what NO wants in return until the end of the 2024 season. They can forgive it (they would be idots to do this)

And its not being reported anywhere.