Cowherd speculation

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Sean Payton will not be coaching in 2022.

That's my hunch as well.

He just got remarried last summer, shouldn't be in need of money, and can do some TV work if he wants it. He'll have offers.

Majic

Reaction score
You can't wait until 2023 for Payton. The circumstances might be different. A play-off win or NFC title game appearance would bring back Mike in 2023.

I would not waste anytime on this. I would be more worried about my next DEF co-ordinator and who is going to develop Parsons

doomsday9084

Reaction score
How is Payton any different than MM? Both are former QB coaches that haven’t won anything in a decade.

When MM was hired, there were a lot of people saying that he was completely empty. Rodgers was on record as saying MM knew nothing. To a large degree, Dallas got what a lot of people thought they were going to get.

No one would ever say that about Payton. The coach is important but it takes a whole organization to win and probably a little luck. With what he has had, Payton has consistently done well.

If there is a concern, its that Payton may be burned out.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Cowherd nailed the Tom Brady to the Bucs before anybody else. His NFL contacts are pretty strong

The question is why?......I better clarify, Why do people in the NFL talk to Cowherd after watching his show..lol

Reaction score
That's my hunch as well.

He just got remarried last summer, shouldn't be in need of money, and can do some TV work if he wants it. He'll have offers.
Who knows what he is thinking?

Sometimes just a change of location or cities is just as good as a vacation. It can revive you from a rut you are in.

But l still think he does TV work next year

Reaction score
The question is why?......I better clarify, Why do people in the NFL talk to Cowherd after watching his show..lol
Maybe they don't watch his show.

Maybe they don't think he's the idiot some people think he is.

When you compare him to guys like Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless, he seems very credible.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s coaching here this year I’m just worried this rumor will kill next season basically

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It's Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy next year.His replacement will be waiting in the wings

right but if the players know the coach in waiting is out there or mm is on the hot seat I’m not sure how we have success. Not saying we were winning the super bowl anyways but it’s added drama and narrative to a drama filled franchise as is

ESisback

Reaction score
Big rumors until the last minute, then what? In the end, we’ll probably lose Quinn, replace with Edwards or Whitt, maybe bring in a new OL Coach, and “tweak the playbook”, with lots of lip service. We’ll have a decent draft, lose 4 or 5 FAs, restructure a few contracts, and bring in a couple of “bargains” on one year deals, rinse and repeat.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy next year.His replacement will be waiting in the wings

Unless there is some wierd verbage in that contract its through 2024 before you dont owe NO something to get him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Cowherd nailed the Tom Brady to the Bucs before anybody else. His NFL contacts are pretty strong
He also said the 49ers were high on Mac Jones.
These guys are hit-or-miss. It's called floating a trial balloon. Insiders use the media as much as the media use insiders.
Plus, I doubt insiders are leaking that Jones wants Payton this soon. That involves tampering, which is a serious offense.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I agree.
McCarthy gets one more season to either get to the Super Bowl or the NFC Championship Game.
If we don't even get to the playoffs, he's gone.