Video: Cowherd: The Cowboys we’re exposed

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am a homer and ALL if the Cowboys are my favorite players. I don't have a problem admitting it, can you admit that you're a hater?

No. Because I don’t hate. I just say what things are and then when it happens like I say people like you have to just eventually face the reality.

I’ve said all along Dak is a good player. But now we’re paying 40 million for a QB who isn’t worth it.

“But if he only had a defense.”

“If he only had this. If he only had that.”

Now we have one of the best rosters in football and it’s going to dwindle away because we had to pay a mediocre QB.

Losing to a decimated Arizona team simply because they had Kyler and we didn’t really changed how a lot of you view Dak. It’s very surprising how some of you are accepting reality. I knew this years ago.

UncleRico

Reaction score
Calling Dak a B+ QB is being generous. He’s regressing, and I suspect the worst is yet to come.
What’s hard to rationalize is the spectrum of Dak’s play. It comes down to being really inconsistent and I don’t know how you fix that. He has played like an elite QB and played like a bottom 5 QB. I can’t think of another QB in the league with as differing as performances as him. He was excellent the first 7 games, even the games we couldn’t run the ball. I don’t know what causes the Jekyll and Hyde

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cowherd made some good points but Dak is an A QB who’s been playing like a C- QB the second half of the season.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Because I don’t hate. I just say what things are and then when it happens like I say people like you have to just eventually face the reality.

I’ve said all along Dak is a good player. But now we’re paying 40 million for a QB who isn’t worth it.

“But if he only had a defense.”

“If he only had this. If he only had that.”

Now we have one of the best rosters in football and it’s going to dwindle away because we had to pay a mediocre QB.

Losing to a decimated Arizona team simply because they had Kyler and we didn’t really changed how a lot of you view Dak. It’s very surprising how some of you are accepting reality. I knew this years ago.
You consistently post negative threads, you're a hater....the worse kind of hater is one that won't admit it. I respect guys like @PAPPYDOG because he has an agenda and can take it in return....the ones that can't admit it are the worst.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The idea that the Cowboys were exposed in that loss to the Cardinals pretty much is in tune with mine. We aren't what we thought we were, after that overly hyped win over the hapless team, now labeled the WFT. Washington laid down and took that loss like a pigeon does to steel belted radials. We tried but simply couldn't contain an effort from their QB to expose us to that untimely loss. That should have been clear to anyone watching that game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dang.. Still can’t accept the reality can you?

The reality is Dak hasn’t played well the second half of the season. He wouldn’t have gotten paid if this is what he is. He had improved every year leading up to his contract extension and was having an MVP year the first half of this season. He’s fallen off considerably the second half of the season and everyone can see it. What we’re seeing isn’t what he’s been throughout his career and anyone who says it is doesn’t know crap! I know the reality of the situation.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The idea that the Cowboys were exposed in that loss to the Cardinals pretty much is in tune with mine. We aren't what we thought we were, after that overly hyped win over the hapless ex-Football Team, now labeled the WFT. Washington laid down and took that loss like a pigeon does to steel belted radial tires. We tried but simply couldn't contain an effort from their QB to expose us to that untimely loss. It should have been obvious to anyone watching that game.

We’ve beat 1 good QB this year and it was because of our Runningbacks.

1-4 against legit QBs.

We’ve feasted on bad teams. That’s the reality.

0-5 when we don’t rush for 100 yards.

We’re like a 1990s team. We can’t rely on the passing game against good teams.

The worst part is we need to play Pollard but the coaches refuse and force Zeke even though he is not good at football currently.

This team needs lots of Tony Pollard but we’ll get lots of Zeke and Dink and dunk our way to the off-season.

Swagger

Reaction score
A poster on here mentioned that 25 players on the Washington roster were recovering from covid with 4 days rest in between games. Throw in a load of injuries, it really was hilarious to read what some people were writing/claiming about Prescott. Shoot, Brian Hoyer would have played like peak Dan Marino against them!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are overexposed. All of that ratings darling and America's Team makes them feel special with never having accomplished enough.

Do you honestly think Lawrence comes up with that stupid HotBoyz crap if he plays for another team? A nickname for what?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reality is Dak hasn’t played well the second half of the season. He wouldn’t have gotten paid if this is what he is. He had improved every year leading up to his contract extension and was having an MVP year the first half of this season. He’s fallen off considerably the second half of the season and everyone can see it. What we’re seeing isn’t what he’s been throughout his career and anyone who says it is doesn’t know crap! I know the reality of the situation.
That's what gives me hope. We've seen Good Dak. We need him to reappear soon. Real soon. A run game and upfront blocking would help and if the defense gets back on track...That's a lot of ifs, I know.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are overexposed. All of that ratings darling and America's Team makes them feel special with never having accomplished enough.

Do you honestly think Lawrence comes up with that stupid HotBoyz crap if he plays for another team? A nickname for what?
A lot of teams have nicknames so maybe he would've. The question is would we have heard about it? Probably not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The biggest problem with the run game is the blocking. The RB's are being met in the backfield on most plays.

Give Pollard volume and the run game will produce.

Give Zeke carries and you’re looking at about 40-50 yards rushing tops.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We’ve beat 1 good QB this year and it was because of our Runningbacks.

1-4 against legit QBs.

We’ve feasted on bad teams. That’s the reality.

0-5 when we don’t rush for 100 yards.

We’re like a 1990s team. We can’t rely on the passing game against good teams.

The worst part is we need to play Pollard but the coaches refuse and force Zeke even though he is not good at football currently.

This team needs lots of Tony Pollard but we’ll get lots of Zeke and Dink and dunk our way to the off-season.

Zeke did his part better than he has recently but Dak wasn't any match for Kyle Murray. That's the long and short of the matter. Could the Dallas Defense stop Murray, either? The answer to that is more than obvious. Our running game did well enough to support Dak and his OL if they were what they were billed as in the past . . . unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Other teams await us with similar characteristics. We came on too late to help our cause.

Does Dak have any excuse for his less than impressive performance? Possibly, but that's a story for another day. The performance of Dak and his OL was something less than impressive. The defense had more than they could handle with Kyle Murray, as well. Were we exposed to having a less than impressive team on both sides of the ball? Yes. Let's hope that sad story changes in a hurry. We weren't prepared for what Ariz. had to offer. Maybe they wanted it worse than we did, and it showed. It happens.

Last edited: