Video: Cowherd: The Cowboys we’re exposed

Mark

Reaction score
Zeke's career flamed-out early. Now he's falling forward for a yard or two (when not getting stuffed entirely) under the weight of a prosthetic device. And Dak just isn't the guy. Which is sad, because I've always admired his humility and classy demeanor. Sadly, it appears he just wasn't born to throw a football in this league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Its not about Dak. He's the same guy every week. The difference is in the quality of the opponents.

You’re wrong. We’ve seen him play outstanding football against good opponents. He was terrific against Tampa in the opener despite the loss. He’s had some great games over his career against excellent opponents and QBs. He beat Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau and Ben Roethlisberger on the road his rookie year. He beat Seattle and Russell Wilson in the playoffs in 2018. Those teams are just a few of the real good teams he’s beaten. Right now he’s in a funk! Even against some of the average teams and QBs we’ve played he hasn’t looked very good. He and the entire team aren’t playing very well. It’s been a tale of two seasons for Dak and the team. Both were excellent the first half of the season and have fallen off the second half of the season.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke's career flamed-out early. Now he's falling forward for a yard or two (when not getting stuffed entirely) under the weight of a prosthetic device. And Dak just isn't the guy. Which is sad, because I've always admired his humility and classy demeanor. Sadly, it appears he just wasn't born to throw a football in this league.

Zeke isn’t what he was but neither is the OL. It’s not half as good as it was when he was a rookie. The OL has continued to regress. Dak is the guy but is in a funk. For whatever reason he’s struggled the second half of the season after having an MVP year the first half of the season. Some on this board are acting like he was never any good which is ridiculous! If he returns next season playing this way then we have a problem.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re wrong. We’ve seen him play outstanding football against good opponents. He was terrific against Tampa in the opener despite the loss. He’s had some great games over his career against excellent opponents and QBs. He beat Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau and Ben Roethlisberger on the road his rookie year. Both those teams played in the NFC title game that season in 2016. He beat Seattle and Russell Wilson in the playoffs in 2018. Those teams are just a few of the real good teams he’s beaten. Right now he’s in a funk! Even against some of the average teams and QBs we’ve played he hasn’t looked very good. He and the entire team aren’t playing very well. It’s been a tale of two seasons for Dak and the team. Both were excellent the first half of the season and have fallen off the second half of the season.

After 6 years in the league, you should have some decent wins. Big deal. Bottom line is that he's 2-4 against teams with winning records this year. He probably should be 1-5 but he got lucky and got the Pats before their rookie figured out the offense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No. Because I don’t hate. I just say what things are and then when it happens like I say people like you have to just eventually face the reality.

I’ve said all along Dak is a good player. But now we’re paying 40 million for a QB who isn’t worth it.

“But if he only had a defense.”

“If he only had this. If he only had that.”

Now we have one of the best rosters in football and it’s going to dwindle away because we had to pay a mediocre QB.

Losing to a decimated Arizona team simply because they had Kyler and we didn’t really changed how a lot of you view Dak. It’s very surprising how some of you are accepting reality. I knew this years ago.
Just like you knew how parsons was a horrible pick? Lol

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My New Year's resolution is not to respond to idiots and since you're one of the biggest idiots on the biggest idiots on this zone I will not respond any further

But you responded.
Sobriety is essential if you want to turn yer life around, Homero, so let us help you off the floor and onto our manly shoulders.
Be Best!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You consistently post negative threads, you're a hater....the worse kind of hater is one that won't admit it. I respect guys like @PAPPYDOG because he has an agenda and can take it in return....the ones that can't admit it are the worst.

Your English is terrible. I can tutor you.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
That's what I've been saying all along. Dak is a good quarterback. A great leader. But he's a glorified Kurt Cousins or Alex Smith. He needs all the pieces around him to be great in order for him to be great, i.e., get this team to a Super Bowl.

But, somehow, when I and others like me say that, it's interpreted as "Dak Hate."

Whatever.

As Colin said in so many words, it seem like a light-year difference between how Kyler Murray was getting rid of the ball in the face of pressure - and with accuracy - compared to how Dak was getting rid of the ball with pressure.

It is what it is.
The roster has improved. As soon as the fans improve, Dak will be there. Fans fanning better is the last piece. Promise

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After 6 years in the league, you should have some decent wins. Big deal. Bottom line is that he's 2-4 against teams with winning records this year. He probably should be 1-5 but he got lucky and got the Pats before their rookie figured out the offense.

We’ve had a lot of decent wins under him and we’ve had some great wins. We can all see the last half of the season hasn’t been very good. He’s in a slump! Our problems haven’t been all on him. The OL hasn’t played well and we can’t run the football consistently. The defense can’t make stops unless it gets a takeaway. Murray made our defense look silly yesterday. The entire team has issues down to it’s kicker. Dak has been part of the problem but he also threw three TD passes yesterday and helped get us back in the game. He was far from awful but he’s missing too many throws. He’s not consistent right now. He’s not playing near well enough for us to lean on him the entire game. The Cowboys aren’t that good a team. They haven’t been able to beat good teams and good QBs the second half of the season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After 6 years in the league, you should have some decent wins.

You don’t call the wins over the Packers and Steelers in 2016 on the road decent wins? You don’t call the win over Russell Wilson and Seattle in the playoffs in 2018 a decent win? Dude get real!

ESisback

Reaction score
No. Because I don’t hate. I just say what things are and then when it happens like I say people like you have to just eventually face the reality.

I’ve said all along Dak is a good player. But now we’re paying 40 million for a QB who isn’t worth it.

“But if he only had a defense.”

“If he only had this. If he only had that.”

Now we have one of the best rosters in football and it’s going to dwindle away because we had to pay a mediocre QB.

Losing to a decimated Arizona team simply because they had Kyler and we didn’t really changed how a lot of you view Dak. It’s very surprising how some of you are accepting reality. I knew this years ago.
That last sentence. ‘I knew this years ago’ sounds like bragging. Kinda like you value being a gridiron prophet more than anything else, and the rest of us are just slobbering fools. Which QB should Jerry have invested market value in?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My English is fine for a big Mexican...your fake English accent can use some help, though...vete mucho a la chingada buey....Salud!

You responded again. Put down the mug.
Hey, Homero, watch the language. Me group home is aghast by your ... Dialect.
You are Mexican?
My best friends are Mexican. They taught me to play Mexican Bingo. I love it when El Boracho Bean (you) win me the game.
La Serena is quite lovely, don't you think?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, Homero, watch the language. Me group home is aghast by your ... Dialect.
You are Mexican?
My best friends are Mexican. They taught me to play Mexican Bingo. I love it when El Boracho Bean (you) win me the game.
La Serena is quite lovely, don't you think?
Sirena, with an I...and yes, she is lovely...

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Its not about Dak. He's the same guy every week. The difference is in the quality of the opponents.
Translation: If we're expecting to run the gauntlet against better teams to get to the Super Bowl, fogettaboutit!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
:laugh: