Video: Cowherd: The Cowboys we’re exposed

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's what gives me hope. We've seen Good Dak. We need him to reappear soon. Real soon. A run game and upfront blocking would help and if the defense gets back on track...That's a lot of ifs, I know.

He’ll probably play good this week. We’re playing a bad team with a bad QB. That’s when he shines.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke did his part better than he has recently but Dak wasn't any match for Kyle Murray. That's the long and short of the matter. Could the Dallas Defense stop Murray, either? The answer to that is more than obvious. Our running game did well enough to support Dak and his OL if they were what they were billed as in the past . . . unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Does Dak have any excuse for his less than impressive performance? Possibly but that's a story for another day. The performance of Dak and his OL was something less than impressive. The defense had more than they could handle with Kyle Murray, as well. We were exposed to having a less than impressive team on both sides of the ball.

I honestly think our best chance of doing something special is through featuring Tony Pollard in this offense.

Do it right now!

But they won’t. They’d rather fizzle out with Zeke.

The more Pollard plays the more chances we have for big plays from the ground game but if you’re going to force Zeke you’ll just exit the season quick because your QB can’t win you games with his arm and your RB can’t produce big plays.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Colin really says what a lot of you on here who are still in denial about your QB need to hear.

That's what I've been saying all along. Dak is a good quarterback. A great leader. But he's a glorified Kurt Cousins or Alex Smith. He needs all the pieces around him to be great in order for him to be great, i.e., get this team to a Super Bowl.

But, somehow, when I and others like me say that, it's interpreted as "Dak Hate."

Whatever.

As Colin said in so many words, it seem like a light-year difference between how Kyler Murray was getting rid of the ball in the face of pressure - and with accuracy - compared to how Dak was getting rid of the ball with pressure.

It is what it is.

Tommy

Reaction score
Give Pollard volume and the run game will produce.

Give Zeke carries and you’re looking at about 40-50 yards rushing tops.
I am happy with a mixture of both of them. I think Pollard has more big play potential but I don't think that is what this offense needs. We just need a consistent 4 yards a carry to take the defense out of the cover 2 they have been sitting in so we can make things easier for Dak.

Our offense needs to dictate the defensive alignment. Right now its the other way around.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He’ll probably play good this week. We’re playing a bad team with a bad QB. That’s when he shines.
Don't forget vs the NFC East.

The flip side of the likely 6-0 this year will coincide with a first place schedule otherwise next year. Great.

But this franchise usually follows up a winning season with a disaster, so....par for the course.

Can't wait to see what line of crap Jerry is selling come August 2023.

He'd better stop thinking he found his QB and is set for life.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the Eagles were all that. Anyway, after what happened to Gallup, we might not play all out, although we should.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I honestly think our best chance of doing something special is through featuring Tony Pollard in this offense.

Do it right now!

The more Pollard plays the more chances we have for big plays from the ground game but if you’re going to force Zeke you’ll just exit the season quick because your QB can’t win you games with his arm and your RB can’t produce big plays.

Say and think what you feel but we were beaten by a far superior passing attack. The running game swoon was incidental to the main problem.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fine with that message but it's odd coming from someone who had the Cowboys in the top 3 in his NFL power rankings not that long ago.

Not just NFC, NFL.

UncleRico

Reaction score
The reality is Dak hasn’t played well the second half of the season. He wouldn’t have gotten paid if this is what he is. He had improved every year leading up to his contract extension and was having an MVP year the first half of this season. He’s fallen off considerably the second half of the season and everyone can see it. What we’re seeing isn’t what he’s been throughout his career and anyone who says it is doesn’t know crap! I know the reality of the situation.
This is accurate

Tommy

Reaction score

Do it right now!

Big plays come from the passing game. An effective running game sets up the big plays in the passing game. I don't think we need big plays from the running game. We need better run blocking and consistent yardage to force defenses to adjust.

When we do that we will see the passing game to what it was the first 6 weeks of the season.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
They have to get rid of Zeke and focus on building an explosive run game.

Completely agree.

His diminished lack of explosiveness and big play ability will continue to keep us in long yardage situations while not getting the benefit of chunk plays and occasional TD’s, just one of which can turn a game.

I wouldn’t hesitate in the least in sending out feelers for him.

CWR

Reaction score
The idea that the Cowboys were exposed in that loss to the Cardinals pretty much is in tune with mine. We aren't what we thought we were, after that overly hyped win over the hapless team, now labeled the WFT. Washington laid down and took that loss like a pigeon does to steel belted radials. We tried but simply couldn't contain an effort from their QB to expose us to that untimely loss. That should have been clear to anyone watching that game.

Thing that bothers me is we don't beat bad teams. We destroy them. Yes style points don't count, but if you can dominate that way over a medicore team I expect more against a good team than what we showed yesterday.

I dont know how much of it is coaches giving too much respect and being overly conservative and I don't know how much is on the players.

We need to take some shots every game though. I dont want to hear about Dak can't throw the deep ball. He's done it over and over. He's capable but gets stuck throwing wr screens and bs. Take some deep shots, throw in the middle of the field, run sweeps and tosses and stop doing the same weak garbage. You can get away with a subpar offense vs the Giants, but come playoff time we need to play with a set of balls.

Oh and I want to see some GB rub routes with these wrs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's what gives me hope. We've seen Good Dak. We need him to reappear soon. Real soon. A run game and upfront blocking would help and if the defense gets back on track...That's a lot of ifs, I know.

The good Dak has only reappeared once in the past 5 weeks. Looks like we’re stuck with the inconsistent Dak heading into the playoffs. We’re not going get far with that Dak, especially with no running game. He’s having to carry the offense and the inconsistent Dak isn’t able to do that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The good Dak has only reappeared once in the past 5 weeks. Looks like we’re stuck with the inconsistent Dak heading into the playoffs. We’re not going get far with that Dak, especially with no running game. He’s having to carry the offense and the inconsistent Dak isn’t able to do that.

Its not about Dak. He's the same guy every week. The difference is in the quality of the opponents.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I am a homer and ALL if the Cowboys are my favorite players. I don't have a problem admitting it, can you admit that you're a hater?

First, you admit you drink too much, homer, and that la chapa keeps finding you on the floor delirious and needing fresh clothes.
And congrats on the Busch lite beer endorsement.[/QUOTE]