Cowlishaw says JG must go

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I’m at the point where I would take anyone over JG. Marvin Lewis, Bill O’Brien, Jon Gruden. I just want him and his staff gone.

Same boat. Honestly...seeing these schemes live...I just about laughed out loud. It's not even high school level. And I'm being serious. Linehan's passing tree consists of 3 patterns.

None of our WRs can recognize a blitz and break off their pattern to give Dak help. Basic routes like slants and wheels, a dig or crossing route are seldom ran.

Honestly....I thought I was watching a Jr high game....that's how unsophisticated our game plan was Sunday.:omg:

Yet...we couldn't even execute that...w/ 3 INTS:lmao:

I don't think I've ever seen one team give away a game like we did in that fashion. Seattle having more penalty yards...than total yards...and still found a way to kick our butt. Unbelievable o_O

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
If I had to guess I would say the head coach and both coordinators are back. If not, then maybe Marinelli takes his t-shirt printing elsewhere if an agreement can be hashed out on the nicknames.

But odds are pretty much the same team is coming back with the addition of the draft class. The front office probably sees this as a bad luck year and not a team in need of major changes.

I curse the day Garrett was named coach of the year and Prescott rookie of the year.
next year is an even number year, which means the playoffs and one and done! Who can't be happy with that?

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
My biggest issue with Garrett is not the fact he is still in training, though it irks me. My biggest issue is he is still trying to build the Cowboys of old where winning your assignments means everything. Sadly it takes a team of all stars to pull off without scheming people open. There is a salary cap my friend. Super teams can't be created like in the past and if you do pull off a year with a super team, too many are about the money than to take a pay cut to keep the team together.

With that being said it takes a true technician to scheme to your QB's strengths while adding the right recipe to open your WR's and/or TE's. All this while having your OL zone block to better set up your run since you have a stud RB..... Call me crazy, but it just might work....

I truly wish the FO would see Garrett can't be the OC and the HC in training.... Rather learn to be the HC and allow the OC to call not only the plays but the scheme too, or move Garrett back down to OC and allow a HC to command the team as Garrett trys to prove his scheme is the way....

You can't have it both ways......

Also quit this Country Club atmosphere..... If you want the team of old, hold the players accountable..... You know like Jimmy.... What you committed a foul? Laps after the game son. What you missed your assignment? Laps as well my friend. Not only were we mentally tough, we actually were physically tough too..... I love the new Star training facility, but would rather see the players rough it in the heat like the old days..... Enough of the coddling and start getting these guys in shape and conditioned for less injuries.....

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ain't saying I'm not ready for Garrett and his antiquated passing scheme from the 70s to go but. The next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys is..........Wade Wilson. I am a bit worried who gets chosen to replace him. The guy making the decision hiring Dave Campo and all!
Yes no telling who they might hire.
We need a new GM, but he can't be fired!
I read that Stephen and jg were
Pals, back when jg was on the
Team, so stephen is the real GM, and one who is keeping jg
On.
I think Jerry Just does the talking now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I have a lot of cheese to go with all this whining. Garrett is not the issue and he does not need to go. So you cry babies want to who? Who do you believe that could do a better job? That is not already locked up in a current job? There is no one out there that is better, certainly not any of those fools sitting around commentating, they were let go that is why they are out there and there is no on in college that is going to come in and have this team rolling. You will say look at the Rams, well look at the Rams, keep looking because they will not do the same thing next season. Garrett is not the issue, Dez is not the issue, our season was derailed before training camp by Goodell and the NFL.

He has been the head coach 7 1/2 years bro................longest tenured head coach in the NFL to not make it to the SB

Any other head coach in the NFL that has been with their team as long as Garrett has been with the Cowboys has either made it to the SuperBowl, been fired, or retired..............all but Garrett.

And yes, there are coaches available that are better, such as Harbaugh or even Gruden. You saying there isn't is just your opinion, not a fact.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Seriously you have got to be kidding me. Garrett is not a mediocre coach. All you cry babies need to get out of here go jump on the pats, or some other team, kick rocks!!!!

Enjoy watching the playoffs from your couch, you should be used to it by now.

Team has missed the playoffs in 5 out of the 7 complete seasons Garrett has been head coach...............yea, he is such a winner;)

Verdict

Reaction score
My biggest issue with Garrett is not the fact he is still in training, though it irks me. My biggest issue is he is still trying to build the Cowboys of old where winning your assignments means everything. Sadly it takes a team of all stars to pull off without scheming people open. There is a salary cap my friend. Super teams can't be created like in the past and if you do pull off a year with a super team, too many are about the money than to take a pay cut to keep the team together.

With that being said it takes a true technician to scheme to your QB's strengths while adding the right recipe to open your WR's and/or TE's. All this while having your OL zone block to better set up your run since you have a stud RB..... Call me crazy, but it just might work....

I truly wish the FO would see Garrett can't be the OC and the HC in training.... Rather learn to be the HC and allow the OC to call not only the plays but the scheme too, or move Garrett back down to OC and allow a HC to command the team as Garrett trys to prove his scheme is the way....

Also quit this Country Club atmosphere..... If you want the team of old, hold the players accountable..... You know like Jimmy.... What you committed a foul? Laps after the game son. What you missed your assignment? Laps as well my friend. Not only were we mentally tough, we actually were physically tough too..... I love the new Star training facility, but would rather see the players rough it in the heat like the old days..... Enough of the coddling and start getting these guys in shape and conditioned for less injuries.....

Dez could never play for a true disciplinarian coach.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:clap:

fifaguy

Reaction score
I was impressed that Sturm spoke out on this, however it would probably take similar words from Broaddus and Mickey for Jerry to blink an eye....