CP 3 to LA for Trade *Traded to Los Angeles Clippers*

Reaction score
CP3 can still be a Laker if Gasol is dealt in the Howard deal, that gives the Lakers enough capspace to sign a maximum free agent.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4300073 said:
CP3 can still be a Laker if Gasol is dealt in the Howard deal, that gives the Lakers enough capspace to sign a maximum free agent.

CP3 wants to go to New York, LA's only chance is to trade for him and then talk him into resigning. Of course, they can't trade for both him AND Howard.

If the Lakers arent careful, they will miss out on both. Paul has to be had before deadline or he's as Knick and Howard will take some big time talking to if he is to be swayed from going to Jersey where he really wants to go.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya if CP3 becomes a free agent he is only going to LA if they have howard, and even then he might go to the knicks. from what i have read, howard's first choice is the nets, but now the lakers have the better assets with gasol and bynum

MC KAos

Reaction score
also, CP3 will most likely be dealt by the beginning of the year, and i doubt anyone trades for him without an extension agreement. i think the class of 2012 will be pretty weak after all these trades go down, specially if howard ends up a Net, DWill will resign with them ASAP

MC KAos

Reaction score
Marc Stein just tweeted that the Clippers are now the frontrunners for CP3. ive heard rumors of a CP3 for Amar'e trade also. if im the knicks, id do that in .23 milliseconds

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This three-team deal is dead in the water. The Lakers have pulled out.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;4300100 said:
Marc Stein just tweeted that the Clippers are now the frontrunners for CP3. ive heard rumors of a CP3 for Amar'e trade also. if im the knicks, id do that in .23 milliseconds

Stupid for the Clippers, Paul wouldnt even give them the time of day in contract negotiations

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4300108 said:
Stupid for the Clippers, Paul wouldnt even give them the time of day in contract negotiations

well, i hope for their sake that they dont agree to it unless he agrees to extend. but then again, it is the clippers, they might be stupid enough to do it without an extension.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
It appears that the NBA didn't approve the reconfigured trade proposal on saturday and that is why Lakers gave up on this trade.

NBA Refused To Sign Off On Paul Trade Again On Saturday

Dec 11, 2011 12:23 AM EST

With Chris Paul three-team trade talks between the Hornets, Lakers and Rockets falling apart, Dell Demps will need to return to the negotiating table with other teams.

But the way the NBA killed Thursday's agreed upon trade will make it difficult for teams to trust the process.

"My initial reaction is, 'Who wants to go through that headache with the NBA playing God?'" said a front office executive of the situation.

The front office and coaching staff of the Hornets is understandably devastated over what has transpired since Thursday, culminating in their deal with the Lakers falling apart.

The Hornets delivered a reconstructed deal on Saturday, but the NBA still refused to approve it.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217346/NBA_Refused_To_Sign_Off_On_Paul_Trade_Again_On_Saturday

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
MC KAos;4300112 said:
well, i hope for their sake that they dont agree to it unless he agrees to extend. but then again, it is the clippers, they might be stupid enough to do it without an extension.

donald sterling isn't stupid, he's just cheap

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4300402 said:
I think they'll pull back in after they acquire Dwight.

if they didnt have enough now to aquire him before what makes you think they would AFTER they aquire Howard? At this point i think they can only trade for one or the other. If i was a lakers fan id hope for Howard, seeing as great PGs seem to be a dime a dozen nowadays. there is only one howard, there could be 2 elite PGs available next summer in free agency

Reaction score
MC KAos;4300414 said:
if they didnt have enough now to aquire him before what makes you think they would AFTER they aquire Howard? At this point i think they can only trade for one or the other. If i was a lakers fan id hope for Howard, seeing as great PGs seem to be a dime a dozen nowadays. there is only one howard, there could be 2 elite PGs available next summer in free agency

Stern didn't want Odom going to the Hornets and he wanted more picks.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4300565 said:
Stern didn't want Odom going to the Hornets and he wanted more picks.

haha, how absurd is it that we are talking about what the commissioner wanted rather than the GM? they should have just contracted the hornets and some other team.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4300580 said:
haha, how absurd is it that we are talking about what the commissioner wanted rather than the GM? they should have just contracted the hornets and some other team.

Stern basically is the GM.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
03EBZ06;4300949 said:
Nah, Stern is more like an owner, Hornets GM is Dell Demps.

In name only. Demps wanted the first deal and was kicked to the crub by Stern. Demps has no real power so far as I can see. The deal the Lakers, Houston and NO put together was better then the one that appears to be in play now.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
The Chris Paul deal is dead. (via @WojYahooNBA)
2 minutes ago

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
CP3 to Clippers deal dead.

Sources: Clippers' deal for Chris Paul off

By Chris Broussard and Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Updated: December 12, 2011, 2:30 PM ET

A seemingly imminent Chris Paul trade has collapsed for the second time in five days.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the league-owned New Orleans Hornets and the Los Angeles Clippers could not complete their proposed Paul trade because the Clippers ultimately decided the NBA's asking price for the All-Star guard was too high.

On Thursday, NBA commissioner David Stern vetoed a three-team trade agreement struck by the Hornets, Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets to send Paul to the Lakers.

At the NBA's direction, sources said, New Orleans was insisting upon the inclusion of both shooting guard Eric Gordon and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round draft choice in addition to former All-Star center Chris Kaman and prospects Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Bledsoe.

The Clippers found the demands "too steep," according to one source close to the process, even after Paul told the Clippers he would invoke the 2012-13 option in his contract as part of the trade, ensuring that L.A. would have him next to Blake Griffin for at least two seasons.

Click on link below to read entire article:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...lippers-trade-dies-price-too-high-sources-say

kristie

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4308039 said:
CP3 to Clippers deal dead.

Sources: Clippers' deal for Chris Paul off

By Chris Broussard and Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Updated: December 12, 2011, 2:30 PM ET

A seemingly imminent Chris Paul trade has collapsed for the second time in five days.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the league-owned New Orleans Hornets and the Los Angeles Clippers could not complete their proposed Paul trade because the Clippers ultimately decided the NBA's asking price for the All-Star guard was too high.

On Thursday, NBA commissioner David Stern vetoed a three-team trade agreement struck by the Hornets, Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets to send Paul to the Lakers.

At the NBA's direction, sources said, New Orleans was insisting upon the inclusion of both shooting guard Eric Gordon and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round draft choice in addition to former All-Star center Chris Kaman and prospects Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Bledsoe.

The Clippers found the demands "too steep," according to one source close to the process, even after Paul told the Clippers he would invoke the 2012-13 option in his contract as part of the trade, ensuring that L.A. would have him next to Blake Griffin for at least two seasons.

Click on link below to read entire article:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...lippers-trade-dies-price-too-high-sources-say

jeez...:rolleyes: