CP 3 to LA for Trade *Traded to Los Angeles Clippers*

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4313569 said:
They gave up way too much.

Yeah. The Hornets came out of this deal really well. Some good pieces, not a lot of money tied up, and that Minnesota pick is going to be a lottery pick.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I worked with Stern a few times... he's as wide as he is short...

Brilliant at marketing, but he cares about revenue over substance...

He's all about big market teams...

LA has to be a player in his world...

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4313620 said:
Not at all. Paul is the best point guard in the league.

Yes they did. Let's look at what they gave up.

Eric Gordon - Top 5 shooting guard, potential star.

2 1st Round picks in all likely hood that will be top 10 picks. The 2012 NBA draft is very, very deep.

Aminu - Solid young player

Kaman - Top 10 center, expiring contract

They basically gave away their future for a guy who is probably gone in 2 years maybe even 1 if he doesn't exercise his option. By making this move they've probably setback the franchise by years if not decades.

Temo

Reaction score
Who cares. I for one am excited for a completely alley-oop oriented offense featuring Paul, Jordan, and Griffin.

If that doesn't excite you as a basketball fan, then you're probably a sore Lakers fan.

kmp77

Reaction score
Temo;4314270 said:
Who cares. I for one am excited for a completely alley-oop oriented offense featuring Paul, Jordan, and Griffin.

If that doesn't excite you as a basketball fan, then you're probably a sore Lakers fan.

Griffin and Paul should make that team pretty exciting to watch.

Reaction score
Temo;4314270 said:

Sure it's exciting, but at the end of the day it's still a horrible trade. A couple of years from now when CP3 bolts and Griffin shortly there after people will be looking back at this trade and saying it's one of the worst in recent memory. Only way you make this trade is if Paul agrees to an extension.

Temo

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4314860 said:
Sure it's exciting, but at the end of the day it's still a horrible trade. A couple of years from now when CP3 bolts and Griffin shortly there after people will be looking back at this trade and saying it's one of the worst in recent memory. Only way you make this trade is if Paul agrees to an extension.

Just win, baby. You make the trade because landing a great player is a great opportunity. Great players will stick around if you win.