Crayton is a # 2 ??!!

cowboys2233

Reaction score
iceberg;2166813 said:
i stopped reading here. go be stupid elsewhere. my ignore list just grew cause of your inane desire to redefine stupidity.

No worries, I know your head starts to hurt after reading more than one or two lines of text. As far as stupidity goes, it's all here in the thread for all to see. You have been indicted by your own writing.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
utrunner07;2166816 said:
:laugh2:The first causality of the young season.

dudes arguing over how many teams i'm talking about and my "lack of comprehension" when it's clear i told him BOTH FORUMS and TWO CRAPPY TEAMS.

then he tells me I'M looking for the argument.

i love a good argument. picking on a fool just doesn't carry the entertainment it once used to. oh back in the DMN days the fun he would have been.

probably was.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
It's funny because they are both arguing the same point and will probably put each other on ignore anyway.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2166822 said:
It's funny because they are both arguing the same point and will probably put each other on ignore anyway.

'eh, it's probably better that way. he got tagged a troll in like 10 posts, so no sense in me trying to take him more seriously than any last bowel movement i had.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
iceberg;2166820 said:
dudes arguing over how many teams i'm talking about and my "lack of comprehension" when it's clear i told him BOTH FORUMS and TWO CRAPPY TEAMS.

then he tells me I'M looking for the argument.

i love a good argument. picking on a fool just doesn't carry the entertainment it once used to. oh back in the DMN days the fun he would have been.

probably was.

Admittedly, I had no idea what the heck you were talking about when you said both forums, because it made absolutely no sense based on what I said prior to that.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2166822 said:

No, I was making a point and he decided to argue...about the same point.

Again, it's all there in writing for all to see. Too bad for you iceberg. :laugh2:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
iceberg;2166824 said:
'eh, it's probably better that way. he got tagged a troll in like 10 posts, so no sense in me trying to take him more seriously than any last bowel movement i had.

Well, the older you get the more important those BMs become, so perhaps there is still hope for 2233 to achieve "prize turdum" as the season progresses! :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2166852 said:
Well, the older you get the more important those BMs become, so perhaps there is still hope for 2233 to achieve "prize turdum" as the season progresses! :)

it's not so much the movement itself, but sometimes i miss being regular. at least i have more reading opportunities.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
iceberg;2166811 said:
i don't think anyone said we were fine because we were 13-3 i think the point is we did ok with our same WRs last year. the lingering hope of glenn kept the doomies at bay. with him gone they're out in force and it's like God himself came down and handed them something to get all upset about.

if WR depth is the problem, i'll ask you - how would you have resolved it this off-season?

Ice, I don't know if this was directed to me or not but I will go ahead and try to answer.

First of all, I broke down the first half and second half of the season last year, especially the last part of the season and I saw a decided drop off in the offensive output. Now, one can say that this was related to the injury that TO faced and in part that might be true. However, the drop off came prior to the injury. I believe teams figured us out and started playing us better once they figured out what defensive scheme would work on us. Even if it was due to an injury and I could certainly go along with that but even that further illustrates the point that we were not as succesful as we might have believed ourselves to be last year. We had an unbelievable start to the season, from an offensive stand point but we did drop off at the end. That worries me a bit.

As to what would I have done, well, that is the question. I will say that I do not believe the possability of signing a top 5 WR has really presented itself. At least, not at a sane price. Those who believe this, IMO, are probably not in the best position to tell if we have ever really had the chance to do a deal. However, if it were me, I would have made a very serious run at signing somebody who could have stepped in and played the 2 or even the 3 at WR. I probably would have tried much harder to sign a guy like Bryant Johnson out of Az. I mean, I know you never know the whole story but to me, he would have been a guy who we could have signed relatively reasonably and gotten value out of the signing. Maybe Darrell Jackson. I would definatly have went out and tried to sign Keary Colbert. To me, he would have been a real good signing for us.

In the end, I know that hindsight is always 20/20 but these are a few of the things I probably would have tried to do. JMO

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2166852 said:

Why do I get the feeling that iceberg and Joe Rod have shared more than one can of Skoal together?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
good grief.

A few of you guys need to get a room, maybe one of you needs to get a cell.

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
theebs;2166869 said:
good grief.

Stay focused man. There's no time for Prison Lovin while training camp is underway.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2166866 said:
Ice, I don't know if this was directed to me or not but I will go ahead and try to answer.

As to what would I have done, well, that is the question. I will say that I do not believe the possability of signing a top 5 WR has really presented itself. At least, not at a sane price. Those who believe this, IMO, are probably not in the best position to tell if we have ever really had the chance to do a deal. However, if it were me, I would have made a very serious run at signing somebody who could have stepped in and played the 2 or even the 3 at WR. I probably would have tried much harder to sign a guy like Bryant Johnson out of Az. I mean, I know you never know the whole story but to me, he would have been a guy who we could have signed relatively reasonably and gotten value out of the signing. Maybe Darrell Jackson. I would definatly have went out and tried to sign Keary Colbert. To me, he would have been a real good signing for us.

i think i was talking to you - because i figured you'd at least say what you'd do. most just whine and stomp their wittle foot.

bryant johnson could be interesting. but, would you call him a solid/dependable #2 or more roster churning and hoping your gut feelings pay off?

jackson and colbert are both names we're all familiar with (many maybe) but jackson never really did much and at times is a poor mans crayton. i just don't see the need to bring in another journeyman WR when that's all that's out there and we already have some of our own we need to find out about.

most would agree WR is our weak area now. but like i've said many times, last year it was CB. that's a strength now. i have every faith jones will address this when it makes sense, not just to "bust a move".

i just see anything we could have done barring trades as "bust a move" just to do something and i don't see the sense in that.

appreciate the reply.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theebs;2166869 said:
good grief.

i don't like my cell. people call it and want stuff.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2166887 said:
What's wrong with booty calls?

still waiting on that one.

damn cell phone salesman lying to me...i'll bet HIS booty call was a setup now that i think about it!

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2166867 said:
Why do I get the feeling that iceberg and Joe Rod have shared more than one can of Skoal together?

I only dip cherry flavored. Fresh breath is important when you have a big wad of slobbering mess being spit out of your mouth, don't want to scare off the ladies! :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2166903 said:
I only dip cherry flavored. Fresh breath is important when you have a big wad of slobbering mess being spit out of your mouth, don't want to scare off the ladies! :)

man, they used to come in those packets and it would ensure a "clean dip" and usually those flakes never getting into your teeth.

never could get into dipping. it just made the weed taste funny.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

JohnnyHopkins

Reaction score
iceberg;2166911 said:
man, they used to come in those packets and it would ensure a "clean dip" and usually those flakes never getting into your teeth.

never could get into dipping. it just made the weed taste funny.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I only do it when I'm fishin, away from the wife's watchful eye. Going to Key West in two weeks for a "boys weekend", so I am going to buy a few cans and go crazy (yummy)!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
iceberg;2166877 said:
i think i was talking to you - because i figured you'd at least say what you'd do. most just whine and stomp their wittle foot.

bryant johnson could be interesting. but, would you call him a solid/dependable #2 or more roster churning and hoping your gut feelings pay off?

jackson and colbert are both names we're all familiar with (many maybe) but jackson never really did much and at times is a poor mans crayton. i just don't see the need to bring in another journeyman WR when that's all that's out there and we already have some of our own we need to find out about.

most would agree WR is our weak area now. but like i've said many times, last year it was CB. that's a strength now. i have every faith jones will address this when it makes sense, not just to "bust a move".

i just see anything we could have done barring trades as "bust a move" just to do something and i don't see the sense in that.

appreciate the reply.

Johnson, IMO, would have been ideal. Big WR with starting experiene and good speed and still young. A guy who has averaged 40+ catches playing behind Boldin and Fitz, to me, would have been a good pickup. That is a guy who probably could have started opposite TO and fit in nicely in a 3 WR set. To me, he would have been a good signing, not only this year but long term.

Colbert I would have signed because he's a good WR. You kinda have to follow him to know what a value he is. He's got very good hands, runs good routes and has very good quicks. He could have been a nice compliment to Crayton and TO IMO. If you look at his stats, they don't really jump out at you but if you really break him down, you kinda see why his stats are as they are. As a rookie, he played in 15 games and caught 47 passes for 754 yards, 5 TDs and 16.0 YPC average. Pretty good rookie season IMO. In 05, he kinda fell off the table. Steve Smith had a monster year and Carolina really kinda ran the ball a lot. The offense was pretty limited but still, the production was pretty low with only 25 catches for 282 yards. The next year, KJ was signed and between KY, Smith and injuries, his production was not very impressive. Carolina is a run first team. There will not be a lot of passes in that offense. Of Delhomme's 263 completions, 153 went to KJ and Smith, another 85 went to the backs and the rest, well, you can see the pattern. However, last year, towards the end of the season, Colbert was finally healthy and managed to start 8 games and catch 32 passes. Now, that's not earth shattering but he really started to produce. I think he might be a guy who can catch 70 passes for you if he's in the right offense. I really liked Colbert.

Jackson is a guy that was available and could provide starting depth for us if TO got injured. To me, he's a guy who could probably be counted on to step in and at least be able to play for us if TO were injured. He's not a game breaking WR but he is a guy who can catch some balls for you. 8 seasons in the NFL, he has had 3 thousand plus seasons and as recently as 06, put up 63 catches for 956 yards, 15.2 AYC and 10 TDs. Last year, those numbers dropped to 46, 497, 10.8 and 3 but then again, he was playing in San Fran so I can understand why. If you take away the San Francisco year, his per game averages look like this. 4.65 catches per game, 67.1 Yards per contest, 14.6 YPC. He is not a perfect fit but, to me he could definatly have been a nice fit in our 3 WR set and an experienced WR that could come in and play good downs for you if TO went down for a 3 or 4 game stretch. To me, he just made sense, especially because of the situation with Glenn. The team, IMO, had to know that he was not going to be fit to play. If he were, they never would have tried to get him to sign the injured clause. To me, we could have signed a guy like Jackson or Colbert and just moved on with Glenn. That, at least, would have given us some much needed experience and depth at the position.

People will say that we have better talent on the roster now but I don't agree. I think any of those three guys would have been an improvement to our current WR corps.