Cris Carter reacts to Dak expects Cowboys to "pay what's deserved"- FTF

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Look at the Steelers, they are letting both Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell walk, then went and found replacements. Most Owners don't want to pay out large contracts, its better to churn the roster with young hungry players. Look how Dallas did DeMarco Murray, ran him into the ground and then low balled him with a contract and let him walk.

DAK should get paid, but the question is how much. Blake Bortles, Case Keenum Ryan Tannahill types are more inline with DAK new contract. He needs a new contract, but TANK, Cooper and Zeke are a bigger priority.

I would take Teddy Bridgewater over DAK today and everyday even with the injury.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is an average QB. Offer upto 20Mil a year so we can keep building around him. Anything more and there is no need to extend him this year. If he wants 25+ it's better for us to keep him on the rookie deal then franchise him the next year for 30M and then decide if a bigger contract is worth it. If he was a top tier QB few would complain but he isn't and if he wants top tier $ then string his butt out a few more years and also look at what his trade value might be to a desperate team.

Why would anyone listen to you when it comes to QB's?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hooray, an end of the 3rd round pick (really a top of the 4th round pick) for a QB that has helped this team to 2 Division titles in his 3 years...

Team game. Lots of players "helped this team". Dak's main contribution has been to the salary cap.

But soon, it's a choice between 20 million in cap plus a top of 4th vs. Dak. The option for our cheapo QB is running out.

People have to stop acting like keeping Dak will maintain a status quo. It will actually be a 20 million cap hit *relative* to the status quo.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Team game. Lots of players "helped this team". Dak's main contribution has been to the salary cap.

But soon, it's a choice between 20 million in cap plus a top of 4th vs. Dak. The option for our cheapo QB is running out.

People have to stop acting like keeping Dak will maintain a status quo. It will actually be a 20 million cap hit *relative* to the status quo.
Yup... you want to lose.
Hey! What year in Romo's personal NFL career point did he "Get it"?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Look at the Steelers, they are letting both Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell walk, then went and found replacements. Most Owners don't want to pay out large contracts, its better to churn the roster with young hungry players. Look how Dallas did DeMarco Murray, ran him into the ground and then low balled him with a contract and let him walk.

DAK should get paid, but the question is how much. Blake Bortles, Case Keenum Ryan Tannahill types are more inline with DAK new contract. He needs a new contract, but TANK, Cooper and Zeke are a bigger priority.

I would take Teddy Bridgewater over DAK today and everyday even with the injury.

Cooper and Zeke are not bigger priorities over what Jerry considers to be a franchise QB. This is just wrong.

All will be locked up, but who you view as your franchise dude at QB is simply the #1 priority over every position.

blueblood70

Reaction score

ridiculous they didnt and wont let their QB go, Big ben , Teddy has never been close to what Dak has done, constantly underselling dak for a mediocre one year player in Bridgewater shows its hate and not facts you are using to say such thing..

its harder to find a Qb then say a WR, and the Steelers didnt cut bate , check the facts, Bell Held out, he chose to not sign his FT and now can be FA , he spit in their faces before they decided that and conner is only 70% the player Bell is , sure he can be productive.. Same with Brown they didnt cut him he spit in their face and is crying for a trade in public, what choice do they have , hes under contract and will make it tough on them as to where he agrees to go without a stink..you act as if the Steelers saw the contracts too big and didnt sign, um again facts they Paid Brown, they made offer to Bell but he turned it down..these posts make me laugh.. sure if Dak holds us hostage and Zeke and others and wants to much the Cowboys may do the same but dont sit here and act as if the Steelers made this decsions because of money and were Smart..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cooper and Zeke are not bigger priorities over what Jerry considers to be a franchise QB. This is just wrong.

All will be locked up, but who you view as your franchise dude at QB is simply the #1 priority over every position.

Not in our case.

QB is by far the most important position but with the way this team is built Dak is down the list of most important positions on this team.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Yeah look at the Steelers. They let their top talent walk and replaced them.

Then the Steelers didn’t make the playoffs......

Their plan worked great if you don’t want to win.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

I get what you are saying, but I guarantee you most teams in the NFL today would take Prescott over Bridgewater. I don't think anybody views Bridgewater as a franchise passer at this point.

In the same vein, Dak is 32-16 as a starter and his passing looked a lot better as last season progressed. He deserves more than the likes of Bortles, Tannehill, and Keenum; because all of those guys have regressed.

This forum will blow up once the Cowboys pay Prescott well, but that's the going rate to keep your quarterbacks these days. And as long as he keeps winning, he deserves it. Just look at the money the Vikings paid Kirk Cousins, and that guy hasn't won a thing in this league. Not a thing.

InTheZone

Reaction score

the rate QBs are paid I'd rather just cycle out QBs every 4 years through the draft and keep the support around the QB at a high level so that we can overrate "our guy" when we win and have short term memory when we lose.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
ridiculous they didnt and wont let their QB go, Big ben , Teddy has never been close to what Dak has done, constantly underselling dak for a mediocre one year player in Bridgewater shows its hate and not facts you are using to say such thing..

its harder to find a Qb then say a WR, and the Steelers didnt cut bate , check the facts, Bell Held out, he chose to not sign his FT and now can be FA , he spit in their faces before they decided that and conner is only 70% the player Bell is , sure he can be productive.. Same with Brown they didnt cut him he spit in their face and is crying for a trade in public, what choice do they have , hes under contract and will make it tough on them as to where he agrees to go without a stink..you act as if the Steelers saw the contracts too big and didnt sign, um again facts they Paid Brown, they made offer to Bell but he turned it down..these posts make me laugh.. sure if Dak holds us hostage and Zeke and others and wants to much the Cowboys may do the same but dont sit here and act as if the Steelers made this decsions because of money and were Smart..

You all right, this is a forum of discussions and opinions, Steelers dont play with players and contracts, Bell held out and the Steelers didn't blink, so your right Bell held out, Brown will be shipped out of town soon. Its not a contract its the mentality, the team is bigger than any one player. Read my post, Im in favor of paying DAK he deserves it, he is gonna get paid, but how much is the questions.

Still like Teddy better that DAK and would love to see him behind the Dallas OL with all the weapons.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not in our case.

QB is by far the most important position but with the way this team is built Dak is down the list of most important positions on this team.

...but that's not how Jerry views it. Jerry is looking at Dak as a franchise QB that will be here a long, long time.

He's priority - Jerry is a nut, but even he knows no QB = no super bowl.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If Cousins is getting 28 mil.....I'm just saying
I am not really concerned with Dakota and his deal.

He will do what he can.

He has had a great first 3 years.

Totally beyond anything expected given his draft position.

I mean the guy was supposed to backup Romo for a couple of years before moving up.

He has amazed me.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Because these "fans" will use anything and everything that he says against him.
Dak could literally say; "I'm donating to charity", and these fans will say "Tier 1 QB's don't do that fire him now."

Funny how people seem to neglect the fact, that you don't have to talk to the media. "No Comment."

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
"I don't understand 2015"
giphy.gif