Crybaby Romo

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I get it...bad news = fake news on CZ.

But believe it or not, there are good decent people covering the Cowboys. Jane is one of them.

Here is another Boys reporter confirming what she's saying.

We've seen a metric ton of non-factual and inaccurate news from reporters covering the Cowboys over the years. I can pretty much go thru almost every reporter covering the Cowboys and the utter crap that they have reported about the team that turned up to be non-factual or there being a lot of question on how truthful their reporting is.

Such as Calvin Watkins claiming that the team was consistently late for planes in '08 when the airport stated that it was just a simple case of planes being delayed like they always are. Or the entire 'TO tried to commit suicide because he couldn't stand playing for Parcells' which almost EVERY reporter jumped on. Hey, they 'confirmed' that as well and it turned out to be utter nonsense. Or the slew of inaccurate reporting from now unemployed Ed Werder. And what's sad is despite being one of the most inaccurate reporters on the planet so many reporters jumped to his defense of being a 'great reporter' when he got canned.

Reporters almost always stick together regardless of how bad they are at their job, how unprofessional they are and how unethical they are.

I don't know Jane Slater so I don't know her history of accurately reporting Cowboys information. However, what is disconcerting to me is that she is reporting a rumor from apparently 1 source. Having taken journalism classes in college, the standard for reporting rumors is to get at least 3 credible sources. Otherwise you're just reporting something that can be perceived as lacking credibility. But, that's the way the media...in particular the sports media...operates these days.

So, I can't take this with more than a grain of salt because any dope can say anything with regards giving information to a reporter. All Slater did, even if it turns out to be accurate, is plain ole rumor mongering. And for that, she really loses credibility in my eyes. Even if it's accurate, her standard for reporting is so low that eventually using 1 source to report a rumor will turn up stories that are completely untrue.

YR

diefree666

Reaction score
We've seen a metric ton of non-factual and inaccurate news from reporters covering the Cowboys over the years. I can pretty much go thru almost every reporter covering the Cowboys and the utter crap that they have reported about the team that turned up to be non-factual or there being a lot of question on how truthful their reporting is.

Such as Calvin Watkins claiming that the team was consistently late for planes in '08 when the airport stated that it was just a simple case of planes being delayed like they always are. Or the entire 'TO tried to commit suicide because he couldn't stand playing for Parcells' which almost EVERY reporter jumped on. Hey, they 'confirmed' that as well and it turned out to be utter nonsense. Or the slew of inaccurate reporting from now unemployed Ed Werder. And what's sad is despite being one of the most inaccurate reporters on the planet so many reporters jumped to his defense of being a 'great reporter' when he got canned.

Reporters almost always stick together regardless of how bad they are at their job, how unprofessional they are and how unethical they are.

I don't know Jane Slater so I don't know her history of accurately reporting Cowboys information. However, what is disconcerting to me is that she is reporting a rumor from apparently 1 source. Having taken journalism classes in college, the standard for reporting rumors is to get at least 3 credible sources. Otherwise you're just reporting something that can be perceived as lacking credibility. But, that's the way the media...in particular the sports media...operates these days.

So, I can't take this with more than a grain of salt because any dope can say anything with regards giving information to a reporter. All Slater did, even if it turns out to be accurate, is plain ole rumor mongering. And for that, she really loses credibility in my eyes. Even if it's accurate, her standard for reporting is so low that eventually using 1 source to report a rumor will turn up stories that are completely untrue.

YR

I have always wondered what it is about Tony Romo that inspires such hate? From all accounts a great person in all ways; and no one can ever doubt his passion to play and do the absolute best he could. Yet you look at the ones like animosity and ufcrules and they absolutely HATE him. Despise him to the point that they would cheer for boys loss if it could be pinned on Romo.

And of course you are right about the media of today. NO one cares really if they are accurate because there is no penalty if they are not. They can make up anything they want and supposedly use a anonymous source for it. And they get away with it all the time.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I have always wondered what it is about Tony Romo that inspires such hate? From all accounts a great person in all ways; and no one can ever doubt his passion to play and do the absolute best he could. Yet you look at the ones like animosity and ufcrules and they absolutely HATE him. Despise him to the point that they would cheer for boys loss if it could be pinned on Romo.

And of course you are right about the media of today. NO one cares really if they are accurate because there is no penalty if they are not. They can make up anything they want and supposedly use a anonymous source for it. And they get away with it all the time.

He's hated because he's the QB of the Cowboys. And part of it is the sports media has a tremendous influence on how fans behave and act. Right around 2000 the main sports media outlet, ESPN, created a landscape where serious journalists upholding the highest standards of journalism were no longer sought out. It became about reporters and anchors showing their inner fanboy and many of them were devout Cowboys haters (and often former Eagles players). Then with the expansion of ESPN radio this spread out the fanboyism and the sports media, particularly ESPN, couldn't get enough of making the Cowboys and anybody associated with the Cowboys as the punchline to their joke.

It also didn't help that the local Dallas sports media loves nothing more than finding a way to create hysteria andmake the Cowboys the butt of the joke. Compared this to the local Minnesota media. When Brett Favre came to the Vikings, Adam Schefter actually reported that there was a 'schism' in the Minnesota locker room because there was a faction of players that wanted Tavaris freaking Jackson to be the QB instead of Favre. Remember, Schefter had a 'source' that told him this.

But unlike the local Dallas media with the Cowboys, the Minnesota media rebelled against Schefter and basically shot down the entire story and it never had any legs. The local Dallas media would NEVER do that (outside of Todd Archer). Also remember that many of them became ESPN employees,so knocking Adam Schefter or Ed Werder may havecost them a living.

So with all of that, when you have the starting QB of the Cowboys there is going to be an undercurrent of hatred towards that player and the majority of fanswill join in. And even worse the formation of Skip Bayless' show just led to more nonsense.

But, there's also been a ton of Romo support that I think is over-support. This is in response to many of the non-factual criticisms of Romo. That causes a backlash against Romo as well as people really don't hate the player or the team as much as they hate the team's or player's fans.

In the end we get next to nothing in terms of accurate and insightful information.

YR