Cupcake + Romo = bad mix and no clutch victories

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
read adam's breakdown of Romo's mediocre play other than 2-minute drills.

the last TD was against prevent... garbage time stats thanks to the bone-head penalty and boneheaded midfield INT (6 giveaway points made it a 2 possession game). Hope and pray for an onside... get real.

i didn't say romo isn't or can't be clutch. He does some great stuff in between his bone-headed-gaffes. It's that until Cupcake is removed from the equasion a lack of discipline and "celebrity QB" well define Tony & the 'boys.

YoMick;2294112 said:
The INT was on Romo but he was clutch in getting that TD at end of game and if Hurd makes that onside catch we probably win the game.

To say he is not clutch is to truly say you dont watch his games or analyze them properly.

Playoff game #1 - came in midseason and did enough to win that game.
Playoff game #2 - had his hiccups in that game and STILL had us in position to win game on 2nd to last play.

jrumann59

Reaction score
chinch;2293302 said:
Earth to cowboy fanboy #912398172394887923789849731

26 points was something we can overcome AT HOME and would have if Romo wasn't a bone-head. 3 of the points were from a BONE HEADED TERRIBLE THROW and by the way that was the game. So was Wades's 12-men on the field penalty. that is 6 freebies we gave the other team who won by 1 point.

WE HAVE A BAD MIX AT THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT POSITIONS (QB AND HC).

This game is just another symptom, more proof of the obvious.

Actually the the coverage was excellent on the play, the safety had the flat and disguised his coverage very well, it was a very good play which happens every now and again for the opposing team. The offensive game plan for this game was horrible and I pretty much knew the game was lost when we had that late drive where we went 3 and out trying to force something to TO. The defense just looked gassed and that again goes back to the offensive game plan.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
PBJTime;2292536 said:
You're pinning this on Romo?:lmao2:

Romo was partially responsible for 3 points, created 21 points, and the defense gave up 26. And this is on Romo? I saw 5 or 6 dropped passes, to top it off.

My buddy was hounding on Romo all game long and always does, although I think he should run more when there is nobody open...300yds 3tds 1 pic is pretty good if you ask me...the defense on the other hand?...someone please tell me if we are the only team in the NFL that haesn't gotten a pic.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
jrumann59;2294363 said:
Actually the the coverage was excellent on the play, the safety had the flat and disguised his coverage very well, it was a very good play which happens every now and again for the opposing team.

It was terrible, terrible throw in every way that should never have been thrown where it was.

THAT IS ON ROMO.

i give the skins an A+ effort & credit but this was a GIFT WRAPPED FG (and points off our own score board) at a crucial time where we were playing very mediocre football at home.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Ok chinch so what do we do, Fire both Wade and Romo and get in a new head coach and QB because according to you with them we will never win anything? Don't lose all hope, we are just in week 4. Have a beer.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2294539 said:
Ok chinch so what do we do, Fire both Wade and Romo and get in a new head coach and QB because according to you with them we will never win anything? Don't lose all hope, we are just in week 4. Have a beer.
Reading comprehension my friend.

Fire Wade and get a coach to take the celebrity (and bone-headed mistakes) out of our QB and Team.

I have some hope... that we'll win something in spite of 12-men-on-the-field-Cupcake

Audiman

Reaction score
chinch;2293473 said:
bury your head in the sand

actually, it'd be best if you burried your head in the sand...really deep...

it'd be much better for CZ and mankind.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
chinch;2292582 said:
Pinned on CUPCAKE.

He's allowed a bone-headed playmaker to become a bumbling, fumbling CELEBRITY QB under his watch, in spite of having the most potent weapons around him (TO, #82, Barber, OL, etc. etc. etc.)

Today's embarrassment was a mirror image of the NYG beating in our house. more will come without a doubt with CUPCAKE in charge and his chief enabler (Jerruh) standing & watching.

Jerra is my idol. But, yes, he mucked it up by turning over a star-studded team to a coach who, together with his DC, is clearly over his head.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Audiman;2294596 said:
actually, it'd be best if you burried your head in the sand...really deep...

it'd be much better for CZ and mankind.
good post, thanks.

+1 for CZ & mankind

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I'm going to refrain from jumping to too many conclusions four weeks into the season (such as saying Wade has no chance of taking this team where it wants to go).

But such a thing does rank high on my list of worries. I oftentimes wonder what it is that he brings this team other than making excuses and creating a coddling environment. Great defensive coordinator, average head coach. You just have to hope he can do just enough with this bunch to get us a Super Bowl.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Brian Stewart needs to be axed asap. Garrett needs to not go "Mike Martz" on us ever again.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
anyone still in doubt?

romo has totally regressed under cupcake. totally careless with the ball and now afraid to throw downfield.

the refs gift-wrapped bad calls on a few turnovers he made keeping his fantasy numbers intact

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
ha kind of hard to knock this thread now... i love Romo as much as anybody but man he just continously puts our team in bad situations with his stupid turnovers and holding the ball too long. and why the hell has he decided to be a pocket QB??? trying to imitate Tom Brady's game is the biggest mistake he has ever done because he is not that type of QB!!! He's at his best when he's moving around buying his receivers extra seconds to get open but he doesnt do that anymore. He either forces stupid throws, holds on to the ball too long in situations where he is an easy to target to hit and cause a fumble. he has regressed this year no doubt trying to be someone he's not!

AlcoholicNinja

Wasted but Deadly
Reaction score
chinch;2330592 said:
anyone still in doubt?

romo has totally regressed under cupcake. totally careless with the ball and now afraid to throw downfield.

the refs gift-wrapped bad calls on a few turnovers he made keeping his fantasy numbers intact

You just keep embarrassing yourself, over and over and over and over and over and over. It's hilarious! Keep up the good work Sherlock.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
yup Romo and his 300 yards and 3 TDs was the reason we lost

nevermind the ST meltdown or the defense breaking down late

It was Romo

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
WhoDat;2330745 said:
You just keep embarrassing yourself, over and over and over and over and over and over. It's hilarious! Keep up the good work Sherlock.

FYI - our main 4 coaches and owner are "embarrassing" themselves quite a bit more ;)