Current Dallas Cowboys 53-man roster

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, that rookie is going to have to play. As far as swing tackle, Asim is it. He’s young but has showed some talent.
I guess the only saving grace is that edoga and bland is coming back.. Both before mid season so there's always that but i still not comfortable with it.. I still hope they add some veterans at least to the practice squad because I don't even see it better in tackle on the practice squad.....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess the only saving grace is that edoga and bland is coming back.. Both before mid season so there's always that but i still not comfortable with it.. I still hope they add some veterans at least to the practice squad because I don't even see it better in tackle on the practice squad.....
They added a vet today who has 36 starts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They added a vet today who has 36 starts.
Yeah but I don't think he's a frontline veteran although I didn't look up his tenure yet but I don't know how long that was and what situations he actually started and for who and was he successful... You might be talking about that guy that has like 9 interceptions in his career or something?

I was talking more like Howard or Peterson or JC.. Some true depth from a true veteran because right now we have a watered down nickel and dime when you move up a guy like cason and you're pending on a guy that hasn't taken a single NFL snap and then the guys below him no real significant NFL snaps I mean that just makes me uncomfortable....

shabazz

Reaction score
The LB corp has to be in the bottom 5 of pff rankings.....Kendricks has to be the highest with a 72 rating.

Mega-ditto for the rbs.....Zeke has a 67 rating.

Our latest TE castoff Hendershot ,will have a better season than Schoonmaker, Stephens Jr and Spann-Ford

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Our latest TE castoff Hendershot ,will have a better season than Schoonmaker, Stephens Jr and Spann-Ford
He might. When healthy, Hendershot is not a bad receiving tight end. He's not a great blocker, but in a complimentary role, he might can get some receptions in that offense. He has some ability to get open downfield.

Plus, I think Luepke is going to eat up some of the second TE snaps and might be better than the bunch.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yeah, that rookie is going to have to play. As far as swing tackle, Asim is it. He’s young but has showed some talent.
Unless they've been hiding it, I don't think Asim has played any at right tackle. I wouldn't think he's an option there with no snaps on that side of the line.

Not sure if we'll take a third backup lineman (Waletzko) to games or if Steele was injured during a game, we'd kick Martin out to tackle and put Richards or Hoffman (the game-day backups) at right guard. Because of the footwork difference, I can't see just playing Richards there. Of course, now that the roster has been set, they may have him spend all his time in practice at right tackle to try to see if he can handle it.

shabazz

Reaction score
Whatever they are now, they won't be close to that by the end of the year.
I HOPE they are.......if this team was truly serious about winning a championship they would have been in the running to get a LB like Patrick Queen.

The facts are that they have 2 LBs with zero NFL experience, and others that haven't shown progress and they are paying them NOTHING in terms of salary. So what veteran LB do they get in free agency to offset this?.....an aging Kendricks that they got after all the Blue Chip LBs were gone.

The LB corp is just one example of where we are depending on hope rather than proven talent...the DTs, RBs groups are in the same boat.

Most GMs don't address roster deficiencies like ours does

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I HOPE they are.......if this team was truly serious about winning a championship they would have been in the running to get a LB like Patrick Queen.

The LB corp is just one example of where we are depending on hope rather than proven talent...
Queen for overrated and wanted too much.

Just because they haven't proven it yet doesn't mean they can't play. Liufau and Overshown will have a big impact at LB this year. Clark finally in the right position will really help.

shabazz

Reaction score
Queen for overrated and wanted too much.

Just because they haven't proven it yet doesn't mean they can't play. Liufau and Overshown will have a big impact at LB this year. Clark finally in the right position will really help.
We both agree that they CAN so no disagreement on that.

Overshown has a long history of injuries so that's an indicator ......but I love his style of play
Liufau is an inxperienced rook.....but I love his style of play
Damone Clark is not progressing as hoped.....up to this point but as you say, position change may prove significant

Now as for Kendricks, it's nice that he knows Zims scheme but he's going into his 10th or 11th year and he's not in the same realm as Queen....so agree to disagree

So to be clear, I'm NOT saying they can't be average or hold their own it's just that I can't see them as an area of strength......but I will say this, " this corp HAS to be better than last years abomination".

I'm not going to say, "let's see how they handle the Browns running game" because in fairness it will take many more games to draw any conclusion

blueblood70

Reaction score
He might. When healthy, Hendershot is not a bad receiving tight end. He's not a great blocker, but in a complimentary role, he might can get some receptions in that offense. He has some ability to get open downfield.

Plus, I think Luepke is going to eat up some of the second TE snaps and might be better than the bunch.
right and the first time he fumbles twice in about four weeks he's gone.lol can we overrate most of our players anymore than most of us do lol .

gimmesix

Reaction score
right and the first time he fumbles twice in about four weeks he's gone.lol can we overrate most of our players anymore than most of us do lol .
Probably not. I'm just going by what's been said. Luepke has received a lot of praise from the team. Doesn't mean he'll live up to it or expectations that he's a fumbler based off one bad exchange.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Probably not. I'm just going by what's been said. Luepke has received a lot of praise from the team. Doesn't mean he'll live up to it or expectations that he's a fumbler based off one bad exchange.
I'm talking about Andy Reed and hendershot.. You will not put up with that dude will be gone after his second fumble but sure if hunter can't hold on the ball which he fumbled again on a handoff in PS, he's the only running back or fullback that Prescott had a problem getting the ball too, ironic huh? So yeah they'll both be gone if they keep ****** up they're on the bottom of people's rosters

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm talking about Andy Reed and hendershot.. You will not put up with that dude will be gone after his second fumble but sure if hunter can't hold on the ball which he fumbled again on a handoff in PS, he's the only running back or fullback that Prescott had a problem getting the ball too, ironic huh? So yeah they'll both be gone if they keep ****** up they're on the bottom of people's rosters
My mistake. I thought you were focused on Luepke.

I like Hendershot and think there's potential there, but I have no idea how he will turn out. I'm glad that we got something for him and am OK with the tight ends we kept instead. I don't typically rue the bottom-of-the-roster guys we let go of or trade. I might have preferred one over another, but usually you are not talking about anyone who is going to become a star.

I do think Luepke can develop into one of the better fullbacks in the league. I don't know if he will, but I'm hoping.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My mistake. I thought you were focused on Luepke.

I like Hendershot and think there's potential there, but I have no idea how he will turn out. I'm glad that we got something for him and am OK with the tight ends we kept instead.
Yes that's what I'm saying Andy Reed is not going to put up with all those extracurricular plays out of bounds or fumbling, if you haven't noticed that's why a lot of these guys are getting cut off our team..liabilty like Partick Crayton became. FAFO Bro. at some point those bone headed plays are getting you cut. EF potential Hendershot is Blake Jarwin 2.0 the other player now get shot.. but Luepke if he fumbles third time on handoff that none of the other Rbs/FBs have ever had an issue with Dak, hes gone.. rope is short hes being way overrated around here.

It's no surprise when you guys overrate guys like Isaiah land and the other guys we just lost, let it go , dime a dozen,. Zekes better FB/RB hybrid IMHO/..HUnmters simply getting one more chance.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yes that's what I'm saying Andy Reed is not going to put up with all those extracurricular plays out of bounds or fumbling, if you haven't noticed that's why a lot of these guys are getting cut off our team..liabilty like Partick Crayton became. FAFO Bro. at some point those bone headed plays are getting you cut. EF potential Hendershot is Blake Jarwin 2.0 the other player now get shot.. but Luepke if he fumbles third time on handoff that none of the other Rbs/FBs have ever had an issue with Dak, hes gone.. rope is short hes being way overrated around here.

It's no surprise when you guys overrate guys like Isaiah land and the other guys we just lost, let it go , dime a dozen,. Zekes better FB/RB hybrid IMHO/..HUnmters simply getting one more chance.
You accuse others of overrating players when we are just discussing potential and have no real expectations of them. In the same breath, you call Zeke a better FB/RB hybrid when Elliott has never played fullback in his life and there's no evidence that he can. To each his own, but you need to stop thinking that all of us are expecting great things out of all of these players like Land, just because I said I'd rather we have him than Wheat. (That's as much an indictment of Wheat than it is praise for Land.)

I will only say I'm hoping for good things out of Luepke and I believe the team is too. We'll see if it comes to pass.