Current odds on where Belichick will be coaching next year

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How are older NFL coaches not in tune with the game?
I just explained that to you. The game keeps changing and they’re stuck in their ways. These coaches have had the same approach their entire coaching career. What worked years ago doesn’t work as well now. Handling and relating to players is a lot different now than it was years ago because of the kind of money they’re making. Look how training camps have changed over the years. Teaching methods have changed because of the rule changes. The game is different today and you need younger, energetic, head coaches. Just look around the league. The old coaches like Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick are being pushed out. As long as Andy Reid has a great QB and continues to win he’ll stick around.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Bill Walsh and Joe Montana..
yes those 2 would have had 2 more SB trophys, but were beaten in defensive games by parcells giants, who happened to
have Belichik as the DC.
Bill shut down SF and joe, enough for giants to win those games and go to SB's

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Reid has taken another QB actually, but for sure the QB/HC matters the most no doubt. Would Jerry give BB the control he needs to fix what has killed this Franchise for 28 years? i dont think so..so we would get a watered down BB who is just looking for a few wins and a twilight exit ..just my opinion of course.
possibly, but bill has said he could work with jerry , and jerry said same thing.
Bill also said he doesnt want to be GM.
I think bill would have more power than say JG or MM, but he mainly just wants to be HC.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
possibly, but bill has said he could work with jerry , and jerry said same thing.
Bill also said he doesnt want to be GM.
I think bill would have more power than say JG or MM, but he mainly just wants to be HC.
Bill just wants a decent team that can get him his 14 wins. He doesnt care about power unless the only job he can get is with a bottom feeder team...in which case he might want to flex his knowledge and insist on a few things he think will get him to 14 wins sooner. He doesnt want to be stuck on a team winning 4 games a year...it would take him 4 years to get to 14 wins.

I actually think coaching is the opposite of what is preached around here...I think old wisdom is good, the game is slowed down for the older wiser guys....you just need make sure the old fart is up to date on what is going on in the NFL and how to counter certain things on both sides of the ball.

I am not here or there on Big Bill...I just dont buy the 'young guy with fire and innovation' approach as gospel. Especially when dealing with a 7 time SB winning coach that seemed to have a 10 year stretch where tons of things were coming out of New England that EVERYONE was paying attention to. Its not like the Patriots were some lazy team running on talent....it was obvious their wheels were spinning legally and illegally on how to win games.

Just blindly following the 'young guy with fire, innovation' ideology because 'we need change and driven people to thwart complacency' isnt scientific to me at all. Its just something that sounds good.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
No.more.retread.coaches.
Name 5 coaches that are not retread that deserve HC and why.

Name the 5 most innovative x and o's things those 5 coaches have each done individually.

Name 3 innovative things those 5 coaches have done but related to risk/reward and analystics.

See...its hard unless youre trying to sell something.