Custom Bledsoe Helmet

LabattBlue

Reaction score
I will preface this by saying I am a Bills fan who was tortured by 3 years of the up(1st 8 games of 2002) and down(remainder of 2002 and most of '03 & '04) play of Drew Bledsoe. I plan on coming here during the season, primarily to lurk to see the reaction of Cowboy fans regarding Bledsoe.

That being said...I thought those of you who are already disenchanted with Bledsoe may get a kick out of this...

http://www.syncmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,...719&po=5,00.asp

ghst187

Reaction score
Sadly, the rush is usually coming from in front or to the sides of him, he should see it. It's not like it's sneaking up on him from behind.

ndanger

Reaction score
LabattBlue said:
I will preface this by saying I am a Bills fan who was tortured by 3 years of the up(1st 8 games of 2002) and down(remainder of 2002 and most of '03 & '04) play of Drew Bledsoe. I plan on coming here during the season, primarily to lurk to see the reaction of Cowboy fans regarding Bledsoe.

That being said...I thought those of you who are already disenchanted with Bledsoe may get a kick out of this...

You were wrong.Go away soon. :mad:

Mike 1967

Reaction score
LabattBlue said:

Lebatte

I am curious to know your assesment of Bledsoe.

Based on your comments thus far it would appear that your assesment is/was not a positive one.

What were his weaknesses in your opinion ?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LabattBlue said:

:welcome: to the forum and thanks for the humor. I thought it was pretty good.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
LabattBlue said:

Good one :laugh1: but I am not a Bledsoe fan :D

ndanger

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Lebatte

Based on your comments thus far it would appear that your assesment is/was not a positive one.

Dude if he had anything positive to say he wouldnt be in a Dallas Cowboy forum :rolleyes:

Mike 1967

Reaction score
ndanger said:
Dude if he had anything positive to say he wouldnt be in a Dallas Cowboy forum :rolleyes:

I sense that you are a fan of Bledsoe and thus do not appreciate critique. Which is understandable.

Since I don't share your optimism you will understand if I don't put much weight to your comments above :)

Hoods

Reaction score
Would have been funny if it actually looked like our helmet.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Here's a Buffalo fan's assessment of Bledsoe:

Bingo. Hey Dallas fans, do you feel like your offensive line suddenly got 100 times worse OVERNIGHT??? It's called the Bledsoe syndrome. You're going to feel it all year long. There's no known cure at this time. Last night was a perfect microcosm of what Bledsoe brings to the table. He is slow to read defenses, has little (if any) pocket presence, and doesn't protect the football.

What Bledsoe DOES give you (on a positive note) is durability (he never seems to get injured...which might get annoying as the year goes on and his inability to lead the offense gets more and more profound), and he can still throw the deep ball, which I didn't see him do last night. He still has a pretty deep ball.

Sorry. As a Bills fan I once went through what you're all feeling now. Pats fans came to our board and told us almost verbatim what I just told you all. We didn't believe it one bit...then the season started and for about 8 games Bledsoe proved the Pats wrong. Then he came back down to reality and just hasn't been the same since.

I'm not here to talk smack, but just to lay it on the line, this is EXACTLY what you have in Drew Bledsoe:

Pros:
-Good person
-Good arm, nice deep ball
-Durable
-okay leader

Cons:
-can't play-action
-can't throw screens
-struggles to read defenses (needs no less than 4 seconds to read a standard D)
-can't throw hot routes
-little pocket presence
-doesn't protect the ball
-seems to get lazy as the year progresses
-can't improvise

What annoyed me most about Drew's tenure with the Bills is that he came in talking the same big game that he's talking for Dallas right now...about how he is motivated to win a ring yadda yadda yadda...but he just doesn't play with the same fire and enthusiasm he shows in his introductory interviews. He seems snakebitten, rattled, and dumfounded after every negative play, and ends up walking off the field with this 'deer in headlights' glaised over look. It's HORRIBLY FRUSTRATING.

LabattBlue

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Lebatte

In a nutshell...

2002...First 8 games, Bledsoe to Moulds and Price was unstoppable. I don't know if Drew was rejuvanated from starting over with a new team, but it was great. The other 2-1/2 years as a Bill were up and down. There were bright spots here and there, one being the 2004 game at Miami, but they were far and few in between. Other positives...the man can take a hit, he is as durable as any QB out there. If you can give him the time, he throws a great deep ball. On an non-football side note...He was very respected in the Western New York community.

Now the bad...a vet QB who has NO pocket presence. Like what was expressed here after your first preseason game...HE HOLDS THE BALL TOO LONG. They tried using an alarm clock(i'm not joking) in training camp last year in an attempt to get him to throw the ball away after 3-4 seconds. His mobility ranges from below average to terrible. Also, Drew has never been very good in the short passing game. This was evident many times during his tenure in Buffalo.

My biggest criticism of Bledsoe is that there were many close games that the Bills lost while he was here, that all it would have took was ONE key play on his part, yet he was nowhere to be found.

I will close by saying once again, I'm here primarily to lurk and see how similar the fan reaction to Bledsoe is compared to his stay with the Bills. I'd wish you Cowboy fans luck, but after the two Super Bowl *** kickings you gave us in the '90's, you're on your own.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
i defended Bledsoe, i also pointed out his flaws. I got one solution, Im gonna wait til he actually fails to call ihs stay in Dallas a failure.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Here's a Buffalo fan's assessment of Bledsoe:

DAMN !

How did I miss that one.

That guy just described exachery how I felt during and after my viewing of Bledsoe's performance.

Did those MRI results come back yet ?

Mike 1967

Reaction score
LabattBlue said:
I'd wish you Cowboy fans luck, but after the two Super Bowl *** kickings you gave us in the '90's, you're on your own.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Yep....those were GREAT GAMES :D

Kilyin

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
DAMN !

How did I miss that one.

That guy just described exachery how I felt during and after my viewing of Bledsoe's performance.

Did those MRI results come back yet ?

It's from another board, but I got chills reading it because that was pretty much what I saw on the field too.

ndanger

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
I sense that you are a fan of Bledsoe and thus do not appreciate critique. Which is understandable.

Since I don't share your optimism you will understand if I don't put much weight to your comments above :)
Not a fan of Sloebed Mike,I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys since 1963.Thank you very much for being concerned. :D

Mike 1967

Reaction score
ndanger said:
Not a fan of Sloebed Mike,I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys since 1963.Thank you very much for being concerned. :D

I can respect that...as one mental die hard to another.

It's a disease...at least that's what my wife tells me :D

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
It's from another board, but I got chills reading it because that was pretty much what I saw on the field too.

I'm soo depressed......I feel like I'm drowning.

My one hope was that maybe he would pull a groin or a hammy....nothing life threatening mind you....just some little tweak that would keep him out of the lineup.

Then I get my last hopes dashed by all the posts about how durable the guy is.

And then these Bufallo fans come in an tell me my worst fears.

Where's my pistol :p: