Custom Bledsoe Helmet

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
Yeah, go back and look at Steve McNairs first preseason game of 2003. I think he was like 0-9 with two interceptions. I remember watching it. it would have been easy to dismiss him. He won the MVP that year. You can't put too much stock in the preseason. Especially no the first game.

I'm proud to support Bledsoe and I'll defend him until he has a chance to show what he can do. I did not even post on this board when Carter was here, but I lost repect for Carter after the Cardinals game in 2002, none the less (widely report in articles). Bledsoe has given me no reason to turn against him like some of you have already.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say on the Carter stuff. I think you have confused some other posters comments with mine.

In your opinion...how much time is required to make an evaluation ?

In otherwords, in your opinion, when should we start getting worried ?

Some have stated that you need all season...which I think is asinine. But what is your opinion on that subject ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Good thing the coaches do not follow your logic.

Otherwise we would have had 16 games of Eddie George last year and seen much less of J Jones.

It is a sound argument to say that 1 preseason its to quick to evaluate from.

But it is even more sound to argue that it does not take 1 season to evaluate a player....unless you are talking about a rookie in his first year....(i.e. Troy Aikman in his 1-15 season)

Funny you complain about people putting words in your mouth and taking what you said out of context yet you just did the same thing you grip about.

Coaches do evaluate at the end of the season that does not mean they will not replace a player if he is constantly having problems. What I was referring to is if Bledsoe goes out and has a great game 1 week and a bad game the following you don't just pull him out based off that 1 game. Now if he is struggling each week then yes there comes a point where you do make the change. Talk about calling the kettle black!!! Maybe you should practice what you constantly preach

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Funny you complain about people putting words in your mouth and taking what you said out of context yet you just did the same thing you grip about.

Coaches do evaluate at the end of the season that does not mean they will not replace a player if he is constantly having problems. What I was referring to is if Bledsoe goes out and has a great game 1 week and a bad game the following you don't just pull him out based off that 1 game. Now if he is struggling each week then yes there comes a point where you do make the change. Talk about calling the kettle black!!! Maybe you should practice what you constantly preach

So far you have not stated a different opinion that what I represented in my last post.

But in order to insure that I don't become a hypocrite lets get a little more specific

- Are you saying that a player should remain the starter if he stinks up every other game but also puts in a good performance every other game ?

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

BTW: These are your words: "I judge every player based on a season not 1 game and 1 game there."

So do you judge a player based on a full season or not ? I'm only going off of what you said.

And my counterpoint is that it does not always take a full season to evaluate a player.

Last I checked players were cut and depth charts are greatly impacted by how players peform in the preseason....

You try to come off like you are taking a higher rode than those of us who are making judgements now. But your high road is an idealogical non-reality.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
So far you have not stated a different opinion that what I represented in my last post.

But in order to insure that I don't become a hypocrite lets get a little more specific

- Are you saying that a player should remain the starter if he stinks up every other game but also puts in a good performance every other game ?

Not at all, what I'm saying is players are not judge on 1 game out of 16 games if Bledsoe goes out and is struggling week to week then yes you look to replace him what I'm getting at is you don't replace a player the 1st time he has a bad game, many coaches try and allow a player to play through a rough patch most coaches tend not to be as knee jerk as the fans are. If that player continues to have a hard time then yes you look to replace him.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Not at all, what I'm saying is players are not judge on 1 game out of 16 games if Bledsoe goes out and is struggling week to week then yes you look to replace him what I'm getting at is you don't replace a player the 1st time he has a bad game, many coaches try and allow a player to play through a rough patch most coaches tend not to be as knee jerk as the fans are. If that player continues to have a hard time then yes you look to replace him.

OK..then you were putting words in my mouth

I never said bench him after 1 game.

I have simply shared my opinion that I believe he no longer has the skills to be consistent in this league. And my opinion is based of what I considered a horrible outing. He was not IMO 1 or 2 throws away from a good outing. And IMO he was not 1 good OL away from having a good outing.

But..having said this....If I were the coach I would still give him every opportunity (during the preseason) to prove that the last game was just an anamoly (a bad night).

That is what these preseason games are for.

And if he comes out and consistently performs through out the rest of the preseason then feed me that crow...because I will happily eat it.

But at some point you have to make an evaluation....and prefereably you do it before the season starts.

The biggest evaluation that occurs is in the draft....and none of those guys have even taken a preseason snap.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
BTW: These are your words: "I judge every player based on a season not 1 game and 1 game there."

So do you judge a player based on a full season or not ? I'm only going off of what you said.

And my counterpoint is that it does not always take a full season to evaluate a player.

Last I checked players were cut and depth charts are greatly impacted by how players peform in the preseason....

You try to come off like you are taking a higher rode than those of us who are making judgements now. But your high road is an idealogical non-reality.

Yes I judge player based on a season, that does not mean I would not replace a player who is constantly have trouble. What I ment was at the end of the year you determine if this guy will remain on your team or not. As far as taking the high road those are your words not mine I judge players fairly, I don't get in to this knee jerk reaction at the 1st sign of trouble and I don't jump off bandwagon as you seem to do, if the player can't play through the difficult times then replace him but you give them a legit chance. And yes many many coaches do exactly that!!!

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Yes I judge player based on a season, that does not mean I would not replace a player who is constantly have trouble. What I ment was at the end of the year you determine if this guy will remain on your team or not. As far as taking the high road those are your words not mine I judge players fairly, I don't get in to this knee jerk reaction at the 1st sign of trouble and I don't jump off bandwagon as you seem to do, if the player can't play through the difficult times then replace him but you give them a legit chance. And yes many many coaches do exactly that!!!

See there you go again with your high road comments like "knee jerk reaction"

This is not Bledsoe's first sign of trouble. He came in with a reputation. And in his first live opportunity to prove it wrong....all he did was reinforce it.

You act as if last Sunday was the first sign of trouble.

And you try to come across like you are well grounded in your opinion and I am not.

The guy was cut last year in favor of a untested rookie.
The guy came in with a reputation for holding the ball to long
The reports out of camp have been less than optimistic
Parcells stated yesterday that he was concerned with the QB position.

If that is your definition of a knee jerk reaction then I think we have identified the issue.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
OK..then you were putting words in my mouth

I never said bench him after 1 game.

I have simply shared my opinion that I believe he no longer has the skills to be consistent in this league. And my opinion is based of what I considered a horrible outing. He was not IMO 1 or 2 throws away from a good outing. And IMO he was not 1 good OL away from having a good outing.

But..having said this....If I were the coach I would still give him every opportunity (during the preseason) to prove that the last game was just an anamoly (a bad night).

That is what these preseason games are for.

And if he comes out and consistently performs through out the rest of the preseason then feed me that crow...because I will happily eat it.

But at some point you have to make an evaluation....and prefereably you do it before the season starts.

The biggest evaluation that occurs is in the draft....and none of those guys have even taken a preseason snap.

These are your words
"The good news is we have 3 more preseason games to find out ! :)

Keep in mind that I was a fan of Bledsoe before I saw the first game.

I am going to go off what I see. I am not going to go off... "

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
These are your words
"The good news is we have 3 more preseason games to find out ! :)

Keep in mind that I was a fan of Bledsoe before I saw the first game.

I am going to go off what I see. I am not going to go off... "

Yep..those are my words:

The good news is we have 3 more preseason games to find out ! - Because we can and should determine the starter in preseason.

Keep in mind that I was a fan of Bledsoe before I saw the first game. Because I choose (as a homer) to be optimistic until I see the evidence with my own eyes.

I am going to go off what I see. I am not going to go off.... - which is exachery what I am doing :)

Did you have a point you were trying to make ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Yep..those are my words:

The good news is we have 3 more preseason games to find out ! - Because we can and should determine the starter in preseason.

Keep in mind that I was a fan of Bledsoe before I saw the first game. Because I choose (as a homer) to be optimistic until I see the evidence with my own eyes.

I am going to go off what I see. I am not going to go off.... - which is exachery what I am doing :)

Did you have a point you were trying to make ?

You supported him until you saw his 1st pre-season game now you constantly rake him over the coals but you’re behind him. Yeah right! I'm sure if he has a great game against Seattle you will lead the bandwagon for Drew only until he has another bad game. Talk about wishy washy LOL

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
You supported him until you saw his 1st pre-season game now you constantly rake him over the coals but you’re behind him. Yeah right! I'm sure if he has a great game against Seattle you will lead the bandwagon for Drew only until he has another bad game. Talk about wishy washy LOL

There you go with your high road comments again.

Yeah...I supported him before I saw him peform in a Cowboys uniform.

And after seeing the performance he put in last week it is my opinion that the guy no longer has it.

If he has a great game against Seattle that will only show that he either had a rare bad night against AZ or that he had a rare good night against Seattle or that he is inconsistent like Carter was. At that point I would still hold the opinion that he had a rare good night based on the weight of the overall evidence at hand (bad game AZ, preceding reputation, reports out of camp, reports out of press, good night against Seattle.)

But..I would definitely be looking forward to the next preseason game to see how things turned out.

You call that wishy washy....I call it evaluation. I call it using my brain to analyze the data available and drawing a conclusion from it. :)