Cut Doug Free

lukin2006

Reaction score
We'll be fine with him in the playoffs.

The biggest problem with our line is sometimes our quarterbacks expect to have 10 seconds to pass.

I do think our QBS sometimes need to get rid of the ball quicker.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
He is an average rt at this point that went up against a good dline. It probably didnt help having escobar next to him blocking either.

CWR

Reaction score
Sounds like I missed out by not peeking in the game day threads.

Lol, I was actually relatively proud of the zoners today. Very little over reaction. I mean it was a meaningless game but still. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
This is silly, Free is the starter for the rest of the season unless injury happens.

That said I could see a switch in the offseason. Hopefully Collins to RT unless Green can stay healthy

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Those calling it over-reacting need to watch the tape. Free plays well at times, and we can hope he just didn't give a damn today, but he played as bad a game as any OL I've ever seen in Dallas. He was destroyed on both passing and run downs. I'm sure he's quite humbled and won't want to watch the tape. We can only hope his resolve results in much better play n two weeks.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He's terrible BUT he'll play a little better at home. If we had to go on the road again, it will be like the playoff game at Minnesota...complete disaster

DandyDon52

Reaction score
about free, he cant handle a outside speed rush, the coaches know this, yet dont help, like with the RB stay in and cover free's right, if the guy
gets by him.
There is no point in the RB going out for possible pass, that the QB wont be able to throw anyway.
And today with sanchez in first game, they needed to help pass protection and they didnt.

Silverstar

Reaction score
If Jerry drafts a RT prospect (Ramczyk?) in the 1st round I won't be too upset with it.

Might as well have 1st rounders across the line.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are times when he is bad. I agree.

But as long as the Cowboys are alive this season, they aren't changing him.

Next year, there will probably be a change.

Agreed. Nothing changing this year but something certainly will next year. Right tackle is a need.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Those calling it over-reacting need to watch the tape. Free plays well at times, and we can hope he just didn't give a damn today, but he played as bad a game as any OL I've ever seen in Dallas. He was destroyed on both passing and run downs. I'm sure he's quite humbled and won't want to watch the tape. We can only hope his resolve results in much better play n two weeks.
You forget about Phil Costa?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I can't think of a better time to cut a starter than right before the playoffs.

This. I think a lot of us aren't crazy about Free but "cut him" threads today are laughable. I'm pretty sure the Starting Tackle Store™ is closed.