Cut Doug Free

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those calling it over-reacting need to watch the tape. Free plays well at times, and we can hope he just didn't give a damn today, but he played as bad a game as any OL I've ever seen in Dallas. He was destroyed on both passing and run downs. I'm sure he's quite humbled and won't want to watch the tape. We can only hope his resolve results in much better play n two weeks.

Yeah, he was awful. He's not getting cut, but anyone trying to defend his play today needs to stop wasting their time too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol, I was actually relatively proud of the zoners today. Very little over reaction. I mean it was a meaningless game but still. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

I'll take your word for it. Perhaps 2017 will be a year of dispassionate rational discourse in the game day threads. :)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Geez... over react much.
He has been a decent RT this year and nothing more IMO. Going again better DE's in the playoffs will expose him even more than he has already been. Teams we face will move their best DE to that side on passing downs and away from Smith. It's not hard to see how this could be a huge issue for the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
It's silly to say Free will be cut as we stroll into the playoffs, but finding his replacement should be very high on the list of needs for the off-season.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's silly to say Free will be cut as we stroll into the playoffs, but finding his replacement should be very high on the list of needs for the off-season.

I think that's a given. Especially since Green has struggled so mightily to stay on the field.

CWR

Reaction score
I'll take your word for it. Perhaps 2017 will be a year of dispassionate rational discourse in the game day threads. :)

Lol, Ill hold my breath. Seriously I get it, Ive been good for the last 3 or 4 seasons but I used to get thrown in the dog house atleast once per season due to my poor behavior during and after Cowboy games. However, Im only a in the moment screw this guy type of curser, Ive never been one to declare the whole season over based on a couple bad plays. My poor family will forever have the memory of me standing on the coffee table and literally ripping the shirt off my back to throw it at the tv ingrained in thier memories. My youngest daughter has ridden me pretty hard though and to her credit its worked. Hell she brings out her pom poms and Im forced to cheer wether we are doing well or not.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Its almost always Free's man that slams Romo as well.

But this thread is an overreaction

Reaction score
Im glad Free has two weeks to rest. He looks worn out.

For next year, Free should be swing tackle and either a free agent, Chaz Green, or a 2nd round draft pick should start at RT.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds reasonable to me. Bring a player back off a long injury, have his 1st game be at a position he hasn't played in 2 years AND have that game be in the playoffs.

The other guys will never see it coming.
They'll be laughing so hard they won't be able to rush. Brilliant!

RandyOh

Reaction score
Lord. Hes one of the better right tackles in the league and probably better then a few teams starting left tackles. Calm down.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
CvWGYaqVIAAqLMr.jpg:large

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a myth that Free is above average but average looks really bad on an otherwise pro-bowl line.
He is really bad and a primary weak spot for the entire team.
I love stats...but we don't need them to see Free is a turnstile

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Im glad Free has two weeks to rest. He looks worn out.

For next year, Free should be swing tackle and either a free agent, Chaz Green, or a 2nd round draft pick should start at RT.

We'll need that 2nd round pick for our d or another wr if TWilliams leaves (if a wr is worth it there).