Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Post em up as you see them. Ravens kickin the party off in a big way. This is what I have been waiting for.

Ravens released Todd Heap, Willis McGahee and Kelly Gregg.

SI_JimTrotter Jim Trotter
Ravens getting busy. Releasing TE Todd Heap, RB Willis McGahee and NG Kelly Gregg. (via @RavensInsider)

The Sun and the WBAL (@bretthollander) are reporting Derrick Mason has been cut.

@MikeJurecki on the #Cardinals QB search: "Kevin Kolb is the guy, Cardinals are prepared to offer DRC straight up...according to source"

Alex Smith to resign with the 49ers is set in stone

Wide receiver Santonio Holmes, likely to be one of the most popular free agents now that the NFL lockout is over, has a good chance to stay with the Jets according to NY Post

Mason has been a constant source of first downs for the Ravens, not sure i agree with that one.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kmp77;4003652 said:
Heap?? What am I missing here? He injured?

He's always hurt and they got that young kid Ed Dickson who they're really high on.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
I'd love to get Kelley Gregg as a part-time interior guy on the cheap. I'm pretty sure he will be a Jet within 5 minutes of when he can sign. Rex Ryan loves the guy.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Eagles took transition tag off of Akers. He is not a UFA.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
"Ray Edwards is headed elsewhere: The Falcons reportedly have had a change of heart. They are going to focus on retaining their 11 free agents and will not be a player in the Ray Edwards derby. The defensive end is expected to land in Philadelphia."

JBS

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4003679 said:
Forgot all about Brandon Graham's injury. Eagles reeeealy should have taken Earl Thomas

ive been thinking the exact same thing all day..microfracture is crucial..major fail not taking Thomas..i thought for sure when they moved up he was the target

The Natural

Reaction score
Someone explain to me why the Cardinals are so anxious to give up DRC for Kolb. I mean I have no problem with the Eagles wanting him as Dez' new whipping boy for the next few years but I dont understand the other side. They'd be better off tanking

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
iGor Olpiffsky;4003683 said:
Someone explain to me why the Cardinals are so anxious to give up DRC for Kolb. I mean I have no problem with the Eagles wanting him as Dez' new whipping boy for the next few years but I dont understand the other side. They'd be better off tanking

Because Whisenhunt can't tank this season or he won't be back in 2012. He's already on the hot seat with many eager to stoke the fire below him.

JBS

Reaction score
I would trade DRC for kolb any day of the week.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score

1. He is likely much better then what they have.

2.They just drafted a CB who is better then DRC. So he is now expendable.

3.There is no guarantee they'd be the worst team in the league without the trade.

4. They see how Matt Schaub turned out.

5.The division is a joke, and they may be one player away from taking it.

The Natural

Reaction score
Muhast;4003691 said:
1. He is likely much better then what they have.

2.They just drafted a CB who is better then DRC. So he is now expendable.

3.There is no guarantee they'd be the worst team in the league without the trade.

4. They see how Matt Schaub turned out.

5.The division is a joke, and they may be one player away from taking it.

While the bolded is true, how does Arizona benefit from now only having one good CB (a rookie at that) on the team as opposed to two?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
iGor Olpiffsky;4003713 said:
While the bolded is true, how does Arizona benefit from now only having one good CB (a rookie at that) on the team as opposed to two?

QB is more important to any team then a CB.

If you have 2 good CB's, you don't necessarily have a great defense, but typically if you have a QB who can make plays, you have a good shot.

Just my opinion, but I'd rather take a chance on a young potential franchise guy then keep a CB who is pretty solid but will never be great.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
DRC is a stud, not excited about potentially seeing him and Samuel twice a year.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Risen Star;4003653 said:
He's always hurt and they got that young kid Ed Dickson who they're really high on.

Oh yeah? Well we have a kid by the name of John Phillips who is better! :cool:

DFWJC

Reaction score
IF Kolb turns out to be the franchise-level QB they think he can be, then it would be a no-brainer. There is plenty of talent in AZ if (IF) the QB is good.
They were just in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.

Of course, there's the chance that Kolb is just an average QB.