Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

The Natural

Reaction score
TheStar;4003733 said:
Ravens in a hurry to clear cap room....Hmmmmmm....I wonder for who? NA!

They just drafted a kid who's pretty much prototype Nnamdi Asomugha

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
“@RayEthan408: @mattbarrows @MaioccoCSN hearing Steve Young said on NFL Live that Hasselback wants to sign with Niners”

The Bears have legitimate interest in free agent WR/KR Brad Smith, according to ESPN Chicago.
The versatile Smith would serve as a playmaker that could steal some snaps from Devin Hester, but he's not an impact player in the passing game. Note that this report states that the Bears won't be players for top-tier free agent receivers -- they are apparently content with Johnny Knox and Earl Bennett as their primary wideouts

According to FOX Sports' Adam Caplan, the Seahawks' interest in Kevin Kolb "has not regressed," and they are expected to be in the bidding when NFL trades are allowed beginning on Tuesday.
Caplan does confirm that Kolb is "expected to go to the Cards," but Seattle could move up the totem pole if Philly-Arizona trade talks break down at any point. Last offseason, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported that the Seahawks had the Eagles on speed dial in regard to a possible trade for Kolb. Caplan's report would seem to suggest the Seahawks will try to get on the phone with Philadelphia GM Howie Roseman quickly once the trading period opens.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Here is another connection of Oakland free-agent backup quarterback Bruce Gradkowski to Cincinnati. He is not expected to return to the Raiders.

ESPN's John Clayton does not believe the Cowboys will cut LCB Terence Newman.
The Cowboys could save $4 million by releasing Newman, but Clayton says that Jerry Jones "and his people" believe in the embattled corner. Unless they go after the big fish in Nnamdi Asomugha, look for Newman to be back in Dallas.

So if Clayton says he is staying, he is good as gone right? :laugh2:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apollo Creed;4003720 said:
DRC is a stud, not excited about potentially seeing him and Samuel twice a year.

They're both tremendous playmakers but you might be talking about two of the worst tackling cornerbacks in the league. I don't know how that works out in the NFC East. Corners get paid to cover but if you shy away from contact, teams will expose you.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;4003716 said:
Should we go after DRC?

No because what can we offer Arizona? They have a very big and specific need and that is the only reason why they are even considering trading him.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;4003720 said:
DRC is a stud, not excited about potentially seeing him and Samuel twice a year.

He had a poor year last year. He is a poor tackler and cannot handle big and physical guys. He will get eaten alive in the NFC East. No way to he handle Dez or Austin as both are physical specimens who bring the wood when you try to tackle them. I welcome DRC to the NFC East.

As for Az. They will go after Ike Taylor. They have a pattern of getting Pittsburgh's hand me downs.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4003763 said:
He had a poor year last year. He is a poor tackler and cannot handle big and physical guys. He will get eaten alive in the NFC East. No way to he handle Dez or Austin as both are physical specimens who bring the wood when you try to tackle them. I welcome DRC to the NFC East.

As for Az. They will go after Ike Taylor. They have a pattern of getting Pittsburgh's hand me downs.

Yep Whisenhunt and Ray Horton have ties to him. Makes a lot of sense.

revospeed

Reaction score
Avery;4003688 said:
Because Whisenhunt can't tank this season or he won't be back in 2012. He's already on the hot seat with many eager to stoke the fire below him.

Whisenhunt is on the hot seat after one bad season when the two seasons before he took the Cardinals further then they had been in the past 60 years? Interesting.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
revospeed;4003786 said:
Whisenhunt is on the hot seat after one bad season when the two seasons before he took the Cardinals further then they had been in the past 60 years? Interesting.

Actually, he is somewhat on the hot seat. It was amazing how quickly everyone turned on him. He went from media darling to scapegoat in one season. He really messed up the QB situation last year. He also got rid of Boldin and brought in Porter and Faneca.

Let me add that I live in Phoenix so I hear all this information as I listen to sports talk radio

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
TheRat;4003791 said:
can teams start signing players at 12 am tonight?

Nope, you can start signing UDFA at 10AM. You can negotiate with players, but nothing official

Free agency OFFICIALLY starts friday at 6pm.

But by them, I'm sure there will be tons of deals just waiting to be official.

Jed_70

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4003742 said:
Here is another connection of Oakland free-agent backup quarterback Bruce Gradkowski to Cincinnati. He is not expected to return to the Raiders.

ESPN's John Clayton does not believe the Cowboys will cut LCB Terence Newman.
The Cowboys could save $4 million by releasing Newman, but Clayton says that Jerry Jones "and his people" believe in the embattled corner. Unless they go after the big fish in Nnamdi Asomugha, look for Newman to be back in Dallas.

So if Clayton says he is staying, he is good as gone right? :laugh2:

I have a hunch that he'll be back. I don't think he's in the same 'must go' category as MBIII and Colombo.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Risen Star;4003748 said:
Geez. Detroit could be scary in the near future.

yeah if everyone says that enuff times it might be true. wont hold my breath tho.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
JustDezIt;4003668 said:
Bears are releasing Punter Brad Maynard

Bayard punting to rookie Dez Bryant: There goes the rookie. Right around Mayner. Touchdown!