Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

Jed_70

Reaction score
ShiningStar;4003805 said:
yeah if everyone says that enuff times it might be true. wont hold my breath tho.

If they predict their greatness long enough sooner or later they're bound to be right.

Remember when there was about a 5 year stretch where people kept pointing at the Arizona Cardinals as the surprise/break through team. Yet the Cardinals would continue to go 5-11 year after year.

Then after several years of letdowns the Cardinals finally broke through and made a playoff appearance.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
iGor Olpiffsky;4003713 said:
While the bolded is true, how does Arizona benefit from now only having one good CB (a rookie at that) on the team as opposed to two?

Because one average QB (Which I think Kolb will play a little better than average. I think he will be alright) beats the hell out of no QBs to speak of.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Jed_70;4003840 said:
If they predict their greatness long enough sooner or later they're bound to be right.

Remember when there was about a 5 year stretch where people kept pointing at the Arizona Cardinals as the surprise/break through team. Yet the Cardinals would continue to go 5-11 year after year.

Then after several years of letdowns the Cardinals finally broke through and made a playoff appearance.

exactly you scream something long enuff people believe it and its bound to happen. its liek the weather i have a limited amount of options im going to hit on one of them if i stick with it.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
JustDezIt;4003668 said:
Bears are releasing Punter Brad Maynard

Great. What am I supposed to do with that jersey now? I paid $280 for that thing.

Jed_70

Reaction score
realtick;4003859 said:
Great. What am I supposed to do with that jersey now? I paid $280 for that thing.

You can still wear it. Just call it a throwback.

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
realtick;4003859 said:

I bet Hos... Would give you some good advice for that jersey:laugh2:

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Titans are preparing a "huge" contract offer for free agent Matt Hasselbeck.
Lombardi's NFLN colleague, Jason La Canfora, is also convinced Hasselbeck is going to the Titans. "He fits what they want to do," says Lombardi. Hasselbeck will be viewed as at least a one-year bridge to No. 8 overall pick Jake Locker, whom GM Mike Reinfeldt and head coach Mike Munchak have both deemed not ready to play right away. The addition of Hasselbeck would bode well for Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, and running back Chris Johnson.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4004968 said:
NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Titans are preparing a "huge" contract offer for free agent Matt Hasselbeck.
Lombardi's NFLN colleague, Jason La Canfora, is also convinced Hasselbeck is going to the Titans. "He fits what they want to do," says Lombardi. Hasselbeck will be viewed as at least a one-year bridge to No. 8 overall pick Jake Locker, whom GM Mike Reinfeldt and head coach Mike Munchak have both deemed not ready to play right away. The addition of Hasselbeck would bode well for Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, and running back Chris Johnson.

I think that will be a good move for them.

Bus driver to keep people from loading up too much on CJ.

But "huge" contract for 1 year?

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
**NFL UPDATED NEWS**Source: Chiefs in talks with 2 WR'S ( Santana Moss / Breaston ) something could go down later today

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
@mortreport: Eagles and Dolphins have done a lot of work evaluating Vince Young. Not sure that he lands either place but in-depth evaluations/background

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Lions are one of the teams that may be in pursuit of free agent OG Robert Gallery.
It's a curious idea. The Lions are set at guard with Rob Sims and Stephen Peterman, so perhaps they'd be looking at the 6-foot-7, 325-pound Gallery as a right tackle with Gosder Cherilus coming off microfracture surgery. Ultimately, we don't expect Gallery to land in Detroit. Seattle has always been his most logical destination due to ties with new Seahawks OL coach Tom Cable

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
JustDezIt;4005122 said:
@mortreport: Eagles and Dolphins have done a lot of work evaluating Vince Young. Not sure that he lands either place but in-depth evaluations/background

If they really did a lot of evaluation then they will not sign him

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
realtick;4003859 said:

Funny thing is my wife said that about her Heap jersey lol

peppersquad

Reaction score
STEVE SMITH WR NYG,

Sry if been mentioned but would anyone cut Roy and sign Steve Smith as a 3rd WR? Orlando Scandrick would greatly appreciate it. I know easier said than done...

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins, who held out the first half of last season, plans to sign his franchise tender and report to training camp on time with the rest of the New England Patriots, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Woods

Reaction score
peppersquad;4005427 said:
STEVE SMITH WR NYG,

Sry if been mentioned but would anyone cut Roy and sign Steve Smith as a 3rd WR? Orlando Scandrick would greatly appreciate it. I know easier said than done...

i read he may start the season on PUP.

that would be a problem, if true.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
peppersquad;4005427 said:
STEVE SMITH WR NYG,

Steve Smith isn't going to play 3rd WR for anybody in this league. He's a legit starting WR IMO.

Duane

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus is speculating Roy Williams may be released as well.