Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
#Ravens have agreed to terms on a multi-year deal with G/T Marshal Yanda, GM Ozzie Newsome confirms

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Bowdown27;4006509 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-to-trade-only-if-mcnabb-agrees-to-contract/

Skins Vikings agree on trade for mcnabb

That would take one team out of the Kyle Orton trade talks, I'd think, IF it goes through. They're only going to let McNabb (or any veteran) run the ship until Ponder is ready to go anyway.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
judybattista Judy Battista
RT @JennyVrentas: Jets extend offer to free-agent receiver Santonio Holmes: Jets extend offer to free agent receiver Santonio Holmes | NJ.com

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins are the top suitors for Orton
Titans and Cardinals are tied for 2nd

Broncos want a 1-2 round pick, or a 3rd rounder that can turn into a 1st or 2nd.

bidding war is officially on.
Orton may not be traded until Kolb is moved.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Panthers hand Charles Johnson $76M

Profootballtalk.com reports the Panthers have agreed to terms with DE Charles Johnson on a six-year, $76 million contract, including a whopping $30 million signing bonus.
The deal has $32 million in guarantees. Re-signing the top pass rusher on the market was enough of a priority that GM Marty Hurney flew to Miami Tuesday to meet directly with Johnson. The Gaston Gazette confirms Johnson was contacted by the Falcons -- as expected. The Broncos also came calling, perhaps confirmation that coach John Fox will aggressively court his former players. The total money is nearly as strong as Julius Peppers' Bears contract, effectively keeping Johnson from waiting until Friday to see how many
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/206916/cowboys-give-the-axe-to-marion-the-barbarian?rw=1

DFWJC

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4006229 said:
Sal Pal Antonio says the Cardinals are draggin their feet in their pursuit of Kolb because their coach feels Kyle Orton is just as good and would come cheaper than what the eagles demands are.
My first thought when Orton became available was that Kolb may have just lost a few million.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
DFWJC;4006576 said:
My first thought when Orton became available was that Kolb may have just lost a few million.

If Orton lands in Miami the Eagles can up the price on Kolb.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Staying in NFC North: Vikings reached agreement with former Bears WR Devin Aromashodu on a one-year contract.

via Adam Schefter

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
BREAKING: Veteran free agent o-lineman Damien Woody is retiring, per source. #nyj #jets

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
It looks like the Seahawks aren’t done driving their fans crazy Tuesday with their quarterback moves just yet.

Matt Leinart has agreed to a deal with Seattle, according to ESPN.com. Chris Mortensen reported Leinart “could” round out Seattle’s depth chart earlier Tuesday, but ESPN.com has adjusted that wording to say a deal has been reached. Mort says the Commanders spoke with Leinart, who ultimately decided to reunite with former coach Pete Carroll.

So basically we’re going to have a three-way quarterback battle between Charlie Whitehurst, Tarvaris Jackson, and Leinart.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
I am hearing that Shawn Andrews was indeed asked to restructure his contract... #NYGiants

but the two sides couldn't work out a mutually favorable deal at this time. So it sounds like Andrews will not be back. #NYGiants

thrid lineman cut by NY today?

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Seeing multiple sources reporting that the Ray Edwards sweepstakes is down to Cleveland, Seattle, and Philadelphia.

Jed_70

Reaction score
I think Tavaris Jackson wins that Seattle job. I thought he played well at the tail end of the 2008 season.

Regardless, he'll probably be keeping the seat warm for someone like Landry Jones or Andrew Luck.

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
realtick;4006192 said:
I think there is a serious chance they let go of Smith.

Manningham proved he can be the no. 2. They have Nicks as their #1, plus they just drafted Jernell Jerrigan in the 3rd round this year.

The Giants actually have a lot of talent to fill out the bottom of their WR depth chart.

I would take him in a heart beat.... Im not sure what happened there but I think hes atleast a number 2... Would be a great number 3

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
StylisticS;4006664 said:
So the Jags are looking to take two safeties?

not sure

edit:

Jags looking at LB and S. Paul Posluszny a LB target and Eric Weddle/Dawan Landry on radar at S. Budgeted 2 add free agent at both positions