Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
AlbertBreer Albert Breer
Chargers WR Vincent Jackson will sign his $11.3 million franchise tender and report to camp on time, per a source.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Buccaneers are offering former Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha a contract reported as a 4yr/$58.5M contract with $22 Guaranteed.

This is also rumor that if true, the Buccaneers will release troubled CB Aqib Talib

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
JustDezIt;4005715 said:
Buccaneers are offering former Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha a contract reported as a 4yr/$58.5M contract with $22 Guaranteed.

This is also rumor that if true, the Buccaneers will release troubled CB Aqib Talib

They will land him. They can outbid any team for him.

It's almost a given Talib will get jail time at some point for his shooting incident.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
JustDezIt;4005715 said:

BS. That's not close to the 18M/season we've been bludgeoned to death with over the last few months.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What's the updated list on who we have cut so far?

Reaction score
Hearing a rumor that a lot of the releases around the league are ploys by teams to get some players to renegotiate contracts and stay on board.

The reports of pending releases of Colombo and Davis only to have that retracted is a head scratcher but would make sense if Jerry's intention was to always keep them but at a drastically lower price.

Wulfman

Unofficial GM
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;4005483 said:
AlbertBreer Albert Breer
Chargers WR Vincent Jackson will sign his $11.3 million franchise tender and report to camp on time, per a source.

This guy holding out never made any sense to me. You've been given the franchise tag that means you'll be paid top money for your position, and on a team that has a legitimate shot to win their division and go to the playoffs every year. Oh, and likely a top 5 QB to get you the ball. The team is located in San Diego, a place that annually rates as one of the best 3 places to live in the country. And you're holding out for more money?!?

I'm sorry. Take the $11.3 mil, and hope the free agent WRs this year drive the average of the top 5 salaries at the position even higher next year. If the Chargers' front office wants to franchise you again, this time at, say, $12.5 mil, more power to them. If not, I can always refuse any long-term deal and become a UFA at that time.

I understand wanting the security of a multiple-year contract. But let's be real...$11.3 mil buys a LOT of security if you know how to take care of it. Simply unreal.

Nightshade

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4003792 said:
Actually, Wisenhunt is somewhat on the hot seat. It was amazing how quickly everyone turned on him. He went from media darling to scapegoat in one season. He really messed up the QB situation last year. He also got rid of Boldin and brought in Porter and Faneca.

Let me add that I live in Phoenix so I hear all this information as I listen to sports talk radio

Why was he in such a hurry to get rid of his D Coordinator after the SB loss?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Saw that Seattle have an agreement with Tavarius Jackson, and they will not pursue Kolb and Hasselback will not be a Seahawk.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Wulfman;4006097 said:
This guy holding out never made any sense to me. You've been given the franchise tag that means you'll be paid top money for your position, and on a team that has a legitimate shot to win their division and go to the playoffs every year. Oh, and likely a top 5 QB to get you the ball. The team is located in San Diego, a place that annually rates as one of the best 3 places to live in the country. And you're holding out for more money?!?

I'm sorry. Take the $11.3 mil, and hope the free agent WRs this year drive the average of the top 5 salaries at the position even higher next year. If the Chargers' front office wants to franchise you again, this time at, say, $12.5 mil, more power to them. If not, I can always refuse any long-term deal and become a UFA at that time.

I understand wanting the security of a multiple-year contract. But let's be real...$11.3 mil buys a LOT of security if you know how to take care of it. Simply unreal.

He was playing on a $3.1mm 1st round tender instead of a franchise tag. SD ended up reducing it to an $800k salary and he got less than 1/2 of that.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
RickMaese Rick Maese
On NFL Live, @AdamSchefter said Skins and Vikings have had trade talks regarding McNabb. But sticking point could be bonus due next month

burmafrd

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4005731 said:
BS. That's not close to the 18M/season we've been bludgeoned to death with over the last few months.

That is the first offer anyone has talked about. You can bet whoever gets him will be paying more. Probably as much as $30 million guaranteed.

VThokie7

Reaction score
cowboysooner;4006151 said:
He was playing on a $3.1mm 1st round tender instead of a franchise tag. SD ended up reducing it to an $800k salary and he got less than 1/2 of that.

That was his own fault, he CHOSE to wait until after the deadline to sign it thus reducing his salary, he CHOSE to hold out until the deadline for becoming a free agent and as a result reduced his salary to half of that $800K.

Perhaps he should've been more focused on finding a designated driver than power plays that cost him millions.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
espn_nfceast ESPN Blogs NFC East
Hm. RT @JonathanTamari The #Eagles will let all of their free agents walk - Stewart Bradley, Mikell, Jerome Harrison, Sav Rocca included

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
peppersquad;4005427 said:
STEVE SMITH WR NYG,

Sry if been mentioned but would anyone cut Roy and sign Steve Smith as a 3rd WR? Orlando Scandrick would greatly appreciate it. I know easier said than done...

Not a chance.

Why in the world would they let him go? That's crazy. He's a starting WR who is better than Manningham. It's not even a question.

They'd be crazy to let him go but if they did I'd LOVE to see him in Dallas as the slot guy. I'd love it.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4006184 said:
Not a chance.

Why in the world would they let him go? That's crazy. He's a starting WR who is better than Manningham. It's not even a question.

They'd be crazy to let him go but if they did I'd LOVE to see him in Dallas as the slot guy. I'd love it.

I think there is a serious chance they let go of Smith.

Manningham proved he can be the no. 2. They have Nicks as their #1, plus they just drafted Jernell Jerrigan in the 3rd round this year.

The Giants actually have a lot of talent to fill out the bottom of their WR depth chart.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Nightshade;4006138 said:
Why was he in such a hurry to get rid of his D Coordinator after the SB loss?

Wasn't his hire/guy. He wanted his own people in place. Word is that Haley was on his way out before he got hired by KC.

Nightshade

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;4006203 said:
Wasn't his hire/guy. He wanted his own people in place. Word is that Haley was on his way out before he got hired by KC.

Yep. Don't mess with the chemistry man or you'll find your butt all hot and bothered. Arogance. No Mas!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
realtick;4006192 said:
I think there is a serious chance they let go of Smith.

Manningham proved he can be the no. 2. They have Nicks as their #1, plus they just drafted Jernell Jerrigan in the 3rd round this year.

The Giants actually have a lot of talent to fill out the bottom of their WR depth chart.

Man I wish we could get him. Don't need him but I've always wanted him to wear the star. Loved the guy coming out of college and he's more than proven to be the player I thought he could be in the NFL.