Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Muhast;4023484 said:
I didnt even know he was available! Wasnt he really young when he got drafted

Texans released DT Amobi Okoye and WR David Anderson.
The Texans gave both players permission to seek trades once the lockout ended, but neither found a taker. Combined, the releases of Okoye and Anderson save $4.39 million in base salary. A team that had a high grade on Okoye before the 2007 draft will probably pick him up as a free agent. The former No. 10 overall pick is still just 24 years old. Anderson is a slot receiver. It's possible he'll return to Houston for the league minimum.
Related: David Anderson
Source: John McClain on Twitter

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
wow at this one

espn_nfceast ESPN Blogs NFC East
RT @EaglesInsider: From the back, Joe Banner asks "Is this it? Or is there more?" Roseman replies, "I think you should stay tuned.

EaglesInsider Eagles Insider
Asked if Eagles had flexibility to add more players, Howie defers to Banner, who says "Oh Hell Yeah" #StoneCold

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I bet the eagle's sign a safety tomorrow either huff, goldson, or sensy. They will leave us to pick up the remaining scraps.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Any news about Waters, Nicks or Manuwai? These are OGs that I am hoping the Cowboys show some interest in. Do not trust Holland. At all. And Kosier staying healthy all season is nothing I would bet on either.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Cowboystar17;4023545 said:
I doubt Dallas brings in a guard.

Don't tell me you bought Jerry's BS? If Holland, or Kosier, get dinged, another OG is a priority.

No more Bright or Brewster - Arkin, while promising, is still learning. Nagy is even further behind. Costa is strictly a C.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
BAT;4023540 said:
Any news about Waters, Nicks or Manuwai? These are OGs that I am hoping the Cowboys show some interest in. Do not trust Holland. At all. And Kosier staying healthy all season is nothing I would bet on either.
i cant say at that this moment i have heard anything new on any of these guys, but ill keep my ear to the streets

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Buy it? I am going by what I see. Right now there seems to be zero interest in any O-linemen. In fact I feel fairly confident that that after they drafted Smith, Arkin and Nagy, Resigned Kyle kosier and Doug Free that they feel very good with where they are at. It's obvious as well that they like Holland who played well when he was in. I don't see a big rush to sign another linemen.

AmishGangsta

Reaction score
Skins after Braylon Edwards.

Also trying to sign A. Bradshaw - but he could just be trying to drive up his price.

Shanny loves ex Giant running backs.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
So that takes care of that. RT @MikeKlis: Willis McGahee passes physical. He's a Bronco. 4 yrs, roughly $9.5 million.
2 hours ago

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Now the Jets are closing in on a deal for their free-agent cornerback Antonio Cromartie.
2 hours ago

Ken

Reaction score
Everyone else is closing in on or signing people and we are baiting the water. Lovely.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
BradBiggs Brad Biggs
#Bears could be close to signing former #Seahawks C Chris Spencer per @DannyONeil

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
As he was visiting with the Jets, former Ravens TE Todd Heap reached agreement with the Arizona Cardinals on a two-year deal. via twitter @AdamSchefter 40mins ago!

AdamSchefter
It's official: Seahawks and LB Lofa Tatupu decided to mutually part ways. He will be released and will be looking for work elsewhere.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Looks like #Colts RT Ryan Diem has had a change of heart. Now has agreed to take less money with Indy. He should be back next year now.

nfldraftupdate
The #Bears are expected to make an inquiry on recently released #Colts CB Kelvin Hayden. Ideal fit in any Cover-2 zone coverage scheme.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
Giants 101
New York Giants WR Ramses Barden had a concerning MRI in Feb. It showed something "they hadn't seen before." No details on what "it" was though. Barden currently on PUP.

JustDezIt

Formerly sm0kie13 ROY
Reaction score
RickyTSLNetwork
Packers agreed to terms with WR James Jones on a three-year contract