News: CW: Former NFL exec: RB Saquon Barkley 'would be perfect' with Cowboys

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He didn't look as explosive last year as he did in 2022. That could be because he was stuck in a bottom-feeder offense and he's ready to take off in a better situation, or it could be years of injuries starting to sap him.

I'd offer him 2 years $20M to find out, but I doubt he'd accept that.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He didn't look as explosive last year as he did in 2022. That could be because he was stuck in a bottom-feeder offense and he's ready to take off in a better situation, or it could be years of injuries starting to sap him.

I'd offer him 2 years $20M to find out, but I doubt he'd accept that.
Just paid a back 10 million a season, he's not doing this again, as others have said before, DRAFT, or find someone cheaper

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike Tannenbaum? The New York Jets ex-general manager? Signing Saquon Barkley could have questionable ramifications for Dallas' salary cap. Wonder why he did not delve into any possible signing scenarios? Maybe he threw out a soundbite and hoped it would stick? Seems likely to me.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike Tannenbaum? The New York Jets ex-general manager? Signing Saquon Barkley could have questionable ramifications for Dallas' salary cap. Wonder why he did not delve into any possible signing scenarios? Maybe he threw out a soundbite and hoped it would stick? Seems likely to me.
If it's Tannenbaum, that's the same guy who said Russel Wilson would be a great backup to Aaron Rodgers in NY.

"Former" and there's a reason ;)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't think he would. Barkley is better in space, like Pollard, while McCarthy showed a propensity to run between the tackles. I think if we're going to bring in a vet, someone like Derrick Henry would be a better fit.

MS17

Reaction score
Barkley will want to get paid, I think we look else where
Good player when healthy, but Barkley's going to want the big payday - this could be his last contract in the league. Cowboys will pass on this.

Gambit

Reaction score
Looking in wrong place. We will not pay $10 mil per year for a RB, we'd be lucky to spend 4 mil per.

Think more along the lines of an

AJ Dillon
J.K. Dobbins
Gus Edwards
Zach Moss
D'Onta Foreman

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Fix the o line/scheme draft rb 3rd or 4th.
We cant fix all this AND sign oft injured star rb, can we?
Until we "fix" o line rbs dont matter. We can abuse and scapegoat a real cheap rb instead.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking in wrong place. We will not pay $10 mil per year for a RB, we'd be lucky to spend 4 mil per.

Think more along the lines of an

AJ Dillon
J.K. Dobbins
Gus Edwards
Zach Moss
D'Onta Foreman
Dobbins is the cheap version of barkley.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look I'm not sure what the front office is thinking but for me I'd rather start fresh get young guys you know out of the draft find a stud in round two through 4.. Then go get a cheap veteran to back him up and then use deuce Vaughn as your **** back your third down your change of pace guy..Rbs should not be taking this kind of cap hit for vet wanting these 2nd contract and will demand 10mil..no henry or Jacobs , Barkelys etc..

we could use those cap funds on lbers and DT. all those names all in teams show me what they spent at RB?? i guess outside of SF no one else has..
who was the last sb winner with a big cap hit at RB??