News: CW: Former NFL exec: RB Saquon Barkley 'would be perfect' with Cowboys

Chasing6

Reaction score
Go get Derrick Henry!!!!! You can still draft a RB, you can still fix the Oline and you just got much better at RB on top of it.
Wish we still had a 4th round pick and an extra $5M.

khiladi

Reaction score
He will just frustrate you, he'll average 2.4 yards for the game then bust off one 60 yard gain to make that 4 yards per game. Is that one run really going to change our life? And he's had multiple injuries I'm not even sure he can still do that one 60 yard gain.
Yep, that’s always been his MO. A lot of negative yardage in between 1 big run. His value was more in the passing game in space in his best year.

Mark

Reaction score
History has demonstrated that signing RBs to big contracts on the back ends of their careers is not a great idea. Young RBs are typically chewn-up & spit-out.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Nope. Fix the o line/scheme draft rb 3rd or 4th.
We cant fix all this AND sign oft injured star rb, can we?
Until we "fix" o line rbs dont matter. We can abuse and scapegoat a real cheap rb instead.

Will McClay has to hit on an OL starter in this draft . Not a bench warming depth but a day one starter . Steele was terrible 77 is an aged FA the center is probably gone I mean that leaves Tyler Smith and Zack Martin maybe Bass and Richards as depth . Let’s stop this foolishness about Barkley or trades for Michael Thomas the Cowboys need trench strength .

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Rather have Jacob's but both will want 10mil+ a year. Thats too much for a rb for this team.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be mad at it for the right price. Barkley played behind a crap o-line and three different starting QBs last season.

Another guy I’d be looking at (if we’re talking about addressing the RB in free agency) that probably can be had at a decent price and is still relatively young is D’Andre Swift.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
All these morons should be fired. Zero chance we put more $ into a RB on a 3rd contract.

quickccc

Reaction score
no he wouldnt

fix the scheme and ol and go cheap and FRESH at rb

stop spending big money on use up rb it is stupid
Fix the coaching first..!!

Whether Henry or Barkley per FA, the blocking scheme will a failure...the play designs and play.calls will be a failure..(ala running out of shotgun 90% of the time)

And we will neglect the RBs in the pass game.yet again... RBs will just mere blitz blockers, no threat at all.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yes, the Cowboys need to overpay a RB who will spend half the season in dress clothes on the sideline.