News: CW: Former NFL exec: RB Saquon Barkley 'would be perfect' with Cowboys

Creeper

Reaction score
I have warmed to Saquon. I like him as a RB and think he was underutilized in NY. But he will be too expensive for the Cowboys. They need to put some money into the defense.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
For 3 million a year? Sure!! :laugh:

Beyond that, I would rather spend the money on an NT, or LB, or OL and draft an RB.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't see him as an upgrade to Pollard. Would just rather roll with him since he'll be cheaper.

Jayinem

Reaction score
He will just frustrate you, he'll average 2.4 yards for the game then bust off one 60 yard gain to make that 4 yards per game. Is that one run really going to change our life? And he's had multiple injuries I'm not even sure he can still do that one 60 yard gain.

LysleE

Reaction score
Let’s fix the O-line first:
There are questions at LT and C;Dallas’ stalwart RG showed some wear-and-tear last season and RT struggled as well, still looks to be recovering from surgery last off-season. OL depth played sporadically, so not a lot of experience there.
Why pay a premium for a RB if the line is in a state of flux and cannot run block consistently? With a good OL, Dallas could probably get away with a RB-by-committee approach and spend the money saved elsewhere like OL, DT and LB. These are glaring needs.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He’s definitely a guy if we are looking in FA that I’d like to take a look at if the money is right. I think if we can shore up the line add another cheap threat or 2 at Wr (depending on a CeeDee trade use those assets on the line draft another wr in the 2-3 and sign a FA).

You're gonna pay big bucks for this QB, might as well not have him throw much, beef up the line roll with the 12 package. I mean we should be good to go with Mr. mvP votes and a solid run game and some cheap wr’s and good TE’s. Like Mahomes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Barkley will want to get paid, I think we look else where
Don’t see anyone paying him. He had under 1000 yards and averaged only 3.9. Once again he battled injuries and will be entering his 7th season. He may have to settle for a one year deal somewhere.

Aven8

Reaction score
I haven’t been impressed by him since he was at Penn St.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look I'm not sure what the front office is thinking but for me I'd rather start fresh get young guys you know out of the draft find a stud in round two through 4.. Then go get a cheap veteran to back him up and then use deuce Vaughn as your **** back your third down your change of pace guy..Rbs should not be taking this kind of cap hit for vet wanting these 2nd contract and will demand 10mil..no henry or Jacobs , Barkelys etc..

we could use those cap funds on lbers and DT. all those names all in teams show me what they spent at RB?? i guess outside of SF no one else has..
who was the last sb winner with a big cap hit at RB??
I do not want the Cowboys to sign any free agent running backs either.

I have said for over 10 years the way to handle the running back position is to throw numbers at the problem using low-round picks and UDFA signings.

All you need to do it is hit on a decent running back with fresh legs every couple of years.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Here’s a fun fact: The leading rushing running backs on 10 of the 14 playoff teams this season (71%) were selected in rounds three or later. Six of them (43%) were selected in rounds five or later. In short, you can find quality running backs late in the draft.

Same reason the RB free agency market is dropping. But Jeruh likes to sell jerseys, so you never know.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
If it's Tannenbaum, that's the same guy who said Russel Wilson would be a great backup to Aaron Rodgers in NY.

"Former" and there's a reason ;)
Seriously, his take on Wilson was the dumbest and he has no credibility after saying something so stupid.

Big_D

Reaction score
Go get Derrick Henry!!!!! You can still draft a RB, you can still fix the Oline and you just got much better at RB on top of it.