News: CW: Former NFL exec: RB Saquon Barkley 'would be perfect' with Cowboys

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Not saying I’m advocating for his signing, I’d obviously take him on a cheap deal which he won’t take because he’ll want more but the 49ers traded for Christian McCaffrey at age 26 when the previous 2 seasons before he played 3 games and 7 games. 10 total games.
They gave up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and a 5th rounder for him.

If the cowboys did this all we’d hear about is how we traded “ for a guy who’s always injured”. Now mccaffrey is better than Saquan and he didn’t have an acl injury but Barkley has played 13+ games for 3 straight seasons. If the money was right (it won’t be ) I’d absolutely be fine with it.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It’s hard to judge Barkley because of the team he played for. Giants had no oline and no qb. He could flourish with a team who has a decent oline and weapons on offense. He wouldn’t have to be the key.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Barkley is one of the most overrated players in the entire league, based on where it was drafted:

-Always hurt
-Terrible in the passing game both as a receiver and worse as a blocker
-Not an inside runner

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I do not want the Cowboys to sign any free agent running backs either.

I have said for over 10 years the way to handle the running back position is to throw numbers at the problem using low-round picks and UDFA signings.

All you need to do it is hit on a decent running back with fresh legs every couple of years.
Eh, depends on the back. If Derrick Henry type is there in late first or econd round, you hit it. Agree in general

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh, depends on the back. If Derrick Henry type is there in late first or econd round, you hit it. Agree in general
I think Henry would have been a great mid-season addition, but I still prefer to get running backs from the draft otherwise.

Reactions: CWR

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
The Cowboys probably won’t pay Pollard - and they won’t pay Barkley. It would take a miracle.

CWR

Reaction score
Looking in wrong place. We will not pay $10 mil per year for a RB, we'd be lucky to spend 4 mil per.

Think more along the lines of an

AJ Dillon
J.K. Dobbins
Gus Edwards
Zach Moss
D'Onta Foreman
I'll take Gus, or Foreman AND a rookie.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Well if we are going "all in" and we are going extend Dak, then what the hell.
Sign Barkley, work on the O-line and lets make one more run at this.
I don't think this is a good idea but it is the type of thing Jerry would do..

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I like Barkley but. I think Henry is the better option. Barkley was on a terrible giants team. He could flourish elsewhere but I think Henry is better fit. He lives in Dallas during offseason and trains in offseason here.
If we want a tough and physically punishing run game, Henry is the guy.