News: CW: Russell Wilson's deal proves Cowboys aced Prescott negotiations since 2019

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An excellent QB that landed in a bad place. Archie Manning anyone?
Your so called point is pathetic.
AND there is a very good chance that like Romo Dak will end his career without a ring because he was a Cowboy imprisoned by the Jones circus.
Tony could have left and chose not to; I wonder how much he regrets not trying for greener pasture; looking at Demarcus WHO DID GET A RING ELSEWHERE.
I wonder if Dak might seriously think about telling Jerry to stick it after looking what happened to Romo.
Wow...you came here on Saturday morning just to fight, insult and bully your way through the comments. Nice.

Did you have a bad Friday night or is this normal?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it proves anything. They tried to get an early deal done but his agent wasn't biting and he bet on himself with a tag.

They put themselves in a corner with no other options than to sign him because they had exacerbated the situation by always selling him to the media. Hell, Brady, Montana and Rodgers didn't get sold like that when they were at the top of their game.

For Booger to say he expects the 40M QB to elevate players around him his ridiculous. What did he have to do in 2018 when that WR corps failed to emerge?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
It all depends on how much a team wants to pay for consistent playoff contention and SB wins both past and present.

However the CZ masses of armchair GMs wanna spin their supposed superiority complexes are the normal type responses I would expect here.

Guys like Mahommes, Rodgers and Wilson have proven track records in the above mentioned accomplishments. And as such, in most league GMs eyes, would warrant deserving of mega deals.

Dak, not so accomplished. Same with Murray.
Not as deserving.

But then you have that one true outlier in Watson and all I got is "It's the Browns."
Didnt the Vikes pay Coousins? Did he have some awesome proven track record? Flacco got a huge payday, but lets be real, everyone knew he wasnt the engine that led that team to a SB, that defense was. Most QBs are going to come out of College and go to a crappy team if they are a top pick. It is unlikely that QB will have a "Proven," track record prior to the QBs 4th season ends and he wants that new huge deal. Teams pay the qb for what they thnk they can do. Lets be real.. Roger's has done no more thanFlacco. The packers have "Only," one title in a multi mvp winning qbs career. So can you really say Rodgers "Track," record should make him the highest paid qb? No, Rodgers is making that huge payday for the fact with him the Pack always has a legit shot to win big games... THE SHOT to win games.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I don't think it proves anything. They tried to get an early deal done but his agent wasn't biting and he bet on himself with a tag.

They put themselves in a corner with no other options than to sign him because they had exacerbated the situation by always selling him to the media. Hell, Brady, Montana and Rodgers didn't get sold like that when they were at the top of their game.

For Booger to say he expects the 40M QB to elevate players around him his ridiculous. What did he have to do in 2018 when that WR corps failed to emerge?

Booger? who is Booger?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No trade clause. Dak would have to waive it. Part of what makes the deal so 1 sided in his favor.
If he is not wanted by the Cowboys he would lift the trade clause similar to how Russ got to Denver.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger? who is Booger?
C'mon Reid, how long have we been posting?

However, I do have a new nickname to irritate some. The son has become Porker. The good life hasn't afforded him the means to buy shirts with collars that don't make him look like a bullfrog that swallowed a porcupine.

Booger sitting between McC and Porker looks like a Moon Pie.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

However, I do have a new nickname to irritate some. The son has become Porker. The good life hasn't afforded him the means to buy shirts with collars that don't make him look like a bullfrog that swallowed a porcupine.

cmon ..... say his name....... say it, cmon.... SAY IT.

J E R R Y J O N E S.... cmon, I know you can do it.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he is not wanted by the Cowboys he would lift the trade clause similar to how Russ got to Denver.

Only if he came to an agreement with the team ahead of time and to the right team. It's not always a simple trade, who do you think he'd be willing to goto that Needs a QB? he aint leaving here to goto the commanders or a team he doesn't think is ready to contend and why would he, his money and spot is guaranteed here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yep . Of course it’s ridiculous.

It’s typical promoting and hyping of Jethro’s brand and product reacting to the medias criticism in an indirect way .

And your also right that we put ourselves in a corner with contract negotiations with Dak. Our FO again reacting indirectly to public criticism wanted Dak and the team to have more success validating the top salary and contract .

We could have paid Dak about 35 million before his contract expired when Wilson was top paid QB but our FO was fighting off critics making him the top paid. Once the Mahomes deal was done it escalated quickly and then we were muscled into Tagging him.

We were actually fortunate then to sign him for 40 million . But he insisted on only 4 years cause they knew contracts would escalate . He’ll be looking for another deal next year. And that’s going to ruffle feathers too. It always will without more team success with the critics.

But part of it is Market Price . And the longer you hold out the higher the market will go.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

He and I agree on many issues but he’s become a Jethro sympathizer of sorts .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Didnt the Vikes pay Coousins? Did he have some awesome proven track record? Flacco got a huge payday, but lets be real, everyone knew he wasnt the engine that led that team to a SB, that defense was. Most QBs are going to come out of College and go to a crappy team if they are a top pick. It is unlikely that QB will have a "Proven," track record prior to the QBs 4th season ends and he wants that new huge deal. Teams pay the qb for what they thnk they can do. Lets be real.. Roger's has done no more thanFlacco. The packers have "Only," one title in a multi mvp winning qbs career. So can you really say Rodgers "Track," record should make him the highest paid qb? No, Rodgers is making that huge payday for the fact with him the Pack always has a legit shot to win big games... THE SHOT to win games.
Then our ownership shouldn’t have caved in to Dak is what you appear to be saying. Any ideas why they did?

Flamma

Reaction score
I never said anything like that.

Using Dan Marino as your example is a little TOO easy...doncha think?

And you are STILL using conjecture with your "any QB in tampa". The fact is it didn't happen with ANY QB ....it just happened to be brad Johnson and no matter what your disparaging opinion is you can never take that away.

Take a lot to get to and win the super bowl...it is a battle throughout the whole season. Take away all the credit you want.

Yeah, Dan Marino is easy. It's the go to QB. Ok, how about Tony Romo? Hell, I don't even think he was better than Carson Wentz. But I agree with the bold 100%. That's why I don't like it when people credit or judge QBs by super bowls. Being the QB on a super bowl team often does get you a second contract. But it's never the reason you get a 3rd or 4th contract.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He and I agree on many issues but he’s become a Jethro sympathizer of sorts .
Certainly understandable, Reid travels to games with his family. If I supported this team financially, I would not be nearly as critical.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then our ownership shouldn’t have caved in to Dak is what you appear to be saying. Any ideas why they did?
Lack of options and too strong on the sell that he was the QB of the future.

As good as Burrow was for Brown last season, you do not see him selling him to the fans.

Most owners/GM's are very tight lipped about players as they understand that could be ammo for the agent come contract time.

The Joneses just run off at the mouth all the time with no regard to the ramifications and they like their guys because they are their guys and that feeds the beast that is the ego of the owner and Porker's ego isn't much smaller.

That's what this team is now. It is all about the ego and image of the owner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Certainly understandable, Reid travels to games with his family. If I supported this team financially, I would not be nearly as critical.
There’s many businesses I patronize but I’m still critical of their ownership and policies.

Even when I was a season ticket holder and traveled to away games , etc was still critical of Jethro.

I think he actually believes Jethro is doing a good job .

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying unless you want to be where the Seahawks, or steelers are right now.... they basically needed to pay up for dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying unless you want to be where the Seahawks, or steelers are right now.... they basically needed to pay up for dak.
Big Ben retired and they used a 1st round pick on their heir to be at QB. How is our situation comparable?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And yes, we can say Rodgers track record should make him the highest paid . A teams success isn’t the only measurement or track record.

Surely you’re able to see the difference is Rodgers impact , talent level and personal production over Flacco?

You seem to be sharper than just weighing in on the “only” winning one championship.

Rodgers has taken GB to 5 conference championships and a perineal contender almost every year without the strong supporting cast . That’s what makes him so Elite and MVP caliber .