News: CW: Russell Wilson's deal proves Cowboys aced Prescott negotiations since 2019

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He and I agree on many issues but he’s become a Jethro sympathizer of sorts .
IM not a jerry sympathizer. I just have very different views of the NFL than you guys do. The Rams won the SB last year... but they couldnt even win their division, and they could have easily been bounced in the playoffs. They made some bold moves and had the Niner DB fair caught that pass late in the game, the Rams would have been bounced and everyone would be slamming them for all the draft picks they have given up. But since a DB dropped the easiest interception he will ever have, the rams are amazing.....smh.

Next, only a few short years ago, I remember so many people in this forum giving Carrol so much credit and how great a coach he is and the Seahawks front office and blah blah blah. Well how they looking now? They are probably the worst team in the NFL and could be for some time. They hot lightning in a bottle and Wilson hit when they werent even expecting him to start. All those defenders hit at the same time, but if they were so skilled at building teams, why couldnt they repeat the process?

People talk about how long it has been since the Cowboys have won a title, but it has been longer for the Raiders and niners, but you NEVER hear jack about that. Its freaking hard.

That great steeler team... yea, they no longer have a HOF qb and they are about to learn what life is like being the Dolphins.
The great Sean Payton?? yea, he bailed as soon as he lost his HOF qb. SUPER SMART move. He gets to keep his reputation as a super coach intact, instead of showing everyone that hes really not much better than the next coach that has to try and win with an avg type QB.

That sorry Bengal team.. yea, so bad they had the number 1 pick just a few short years ago.... wow, they must now have super GM and same with their newer coach. Dud =e must simply be a step ahead of the likes of Andy Reid. I mean, wow, he stepped into KC and coached his arse off and took them to the SB.... forget the fact that they have one of the best young QBs in the league.

Chargers??? AS I predicted, are being touted as a SB team. Amazing what can happen when you hit gold with that great coaching staff..... bahahhahahahahha

There is a ton that goes into winning the SB in the current NFL. This aint your grandads Cowboys. A key ingredient in winning the SB??? A little bit of luck. Ask the Eagles.

That Salary cap.... yea, it makes things so damn close that the difference between the SB winning Rams and the other 8 or whatever teams that were in the playoffs is minimal. UNlike back in 1993 when the difference between those Cowboys and the WC team in the NFC was pretty damn big. Those days are over, and I hate it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Big Ben retired and they used a 1st round pick on their heir to be at QB. How is our situation comparable?

and?? That QB they drafted in the 1st isnt even starting this year according to reports. Abd drafting a qb in the first is also a crapshoot. For every Mahomes that hits, there is 4 or 5 1st rd picks that suck. Why did the Cards draft QBs in the first rd in back to back seasons? The jets Drafted Darnold with a 1st and 2 years later drafted another qb in the first. How many QBs have we seen drafted high by the Lions and Bengals that were busts? If it were so simple, why didnt the Saints draft their guy a couple years back? Didnt the packers draft a qb in the first and I get that Rodgers has been amazing, but they damn sure arent sold on that kid taking over for Rodgers.

The Bears drafted qb in 1st rd and word is hes a little shaky... so again, the Steelers drafting a qb in the first doesnt mean Jack SQUAT unless the kid balls out like Burrow's Herbert or Mahomes, and the odds are he wont, and the steelers are gonna be in suckland for the foreseeable future.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and?? That QB they drafted in the 1st isnt even starting this year according to reports. Abd drafting a qb in the first is also a crapshoot. For every Mahomes that hits, there is 4 or 5 1st rd picks that suck. Why did the Cards draft QBs in the first rd in back to back seasons? The jets Drafted Darnold with a 1st and 2 years later drafted another qb in the first. How many QBs have we seen drafted high by the Lions and Bengals that were busts? If it were so simple, why didnt the Saints draft their guy a couple years back? Didnt the packers draft a qb in the first and I get that Rodgers has been amazing, but they damn sure arent sold on that kid taking over for Rodgers.

The Bears drafted qb in 1st rd and word is hes a little shaky... so again, the Steelers drafting a qb in the first doesnt mean Jack SQUAT unless the kid balls out like Burrow's Herbert or Mahomes, and the odds are he wont, and the steelers are gonna be in suckland for the foreseeable future.
Understood but Big Ben was retiring not seeking another contract Steelers wouldn’t pay. Again , situation isn’t comparable.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IM not a jerry sympathizer. I just have very different views of the NFL than you guys do. The Rams won the SB last year... but they couldnt even win their division, and they could have easily been bounced in the playoffs. They made some bold moves and had the Niner DB fair caught that pass late in the game, the Rams would have been bounced and everyone would be slamming them for all the draft picks they have given up. But since a DB dropped the easiest interception he will ever have, the rams are amazing.....smh.

Next, only a few short years ago, I remember so many people in this forum giving Carrol so much credit and how great a coach he is and the Seahawks front office and blah blah blah. Well how they looking now? They are probably the worst team in the NFL and could be for some time. They hot lightning in a bottle and Wilson hit when they werent even expecting him to start. All those defenders hit at the same time, but if they were so skilled at building teams, why couldnt they repeat the process?

People talk about how long it has been since the Cowboys have won a title, but it has been longer for the Raiders and niners, but you NEVER hear jack about that. Its freaking hard.

That great steeler team... yea, they no longer have a HOF qb and they are about to learn what life is like being the Dolphins.
The great Sean Payton?? yea, he bailed as soon as he lost his HOF qb. SUPER SMART move. He gets to keep his reputation as a super coach intact, instead of showing everyone that hes really not much better than the next coach that has to try and win with an avg type QB.

That sorry Bengal team.. yea, so bad they had the number 1 pick just a few short years ago.... wow, they must now have super GM and same with their newer coach. Dud =e must simply be a step ahead of the likes of Andy Reid. I mean, wow, he stepped into KC and coached his arse off and took them to the SB.... forget the fact that they have one of the best young QBs in the league.

Chargers??? AS I predicted, are being touted as a SB team. Amazing what can happen when you hit gold with that great coaching staff..... bahahhahahahahha

There is a ton that goes into winning the SB in the current NFL. This aint your grandads Cowboys. A key ingredient in winning the SB??? A little bit of luck. Ask the Eagles.

That Salary cap.... yea, it makes things so damn close that the difference between the SB winning Rams and the other 8 or whatever teams that were in the playoffs is minimal. UNlike back in 1993 when the difference between those Cowboys and the WC team in the NFC was pretty damn big. Those days are over, and I hate it.
The Rams did win their division last year. When you miss facts it’s tough to go on cause it’s not based on factual data. I guess you’ve also missed 49ers have been to SB and Championship games in recent years.

There’s been one constant this era which we can hold responsible where other franchises at least have an opportunity for more hope to finally get it right.

If we’d made some championship appearances and or SB’s like some of these others you choose to use as comparisons we’d wouldn’t be so critical of this ownership .

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Understood but Big Ben was retiring not seeking another contract Steelers wouldn’t pay. Again , situation isn’t comparable.
IM unsure of what you mean. Yes Ben retired, but what does that matter? The Steelers needed a new QB. He retired because he got old. My point is simply that teams either have the QB that keeps them competitive and at least in the playoff hunt or they dont. Show me a team with a top 10 QB and you will be showing me a team that is in the playoffs more years than not. If we took a poll on this site of all of the posters on the bottom 10 teams in the nfl over the past decade and we came up with an list of teams from that poll, you coud almost guarantee that those ten teams have had garbage at the QB position for damn near that entire time.

Lets see off top of my head:
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
Dolphins
Commanders
Cardinals
Jags
Titans?
Bears

The new Commanders had a decent 1 year stretch....lol... when their RGIII balled out for a year. Titans and Cards have been ok last 2-3 years because they got new QBs. But again, its not complicated to see how it works. Im going to enjoy the Pats, Steelers, Saints all trying to exist with no HOF QB. 2 more years of mediocre season should make my point about the great billy boy. So what will be considered mediocre for Billy Boy? I need to know where the goal posts are in advance. I dont want to be hearing how first rd playoff exists were a great year by Billy Boy due to rebuilding and whatever excuse that is gonna be made for him.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Rams did win their division last year. When you miss facts it’s tough to go on cause it’s not based on factual data. I guess you’ve also missed 49ers have been to SB and Championship games in recent years.

There’s been one constant this era which we can hold responsible where other franchises at least have an opportunity for more hope to finally get it right.

If we’d made some championship appearances and or SB’s like some of these others you choose to use as comparisons we’d wouldn’t be so critical of this ownership .

Championship games mean jack squat. A SB appearance here or there means jack squat. Oh, I missed that Rams thing since they won it on the last weekend, but they could have lost that first playoff game EASILY. Point is simple... SB TITLES, Dallas hasnt won one since 1996... oh the Horror. and the Niners havent won it since 1995, and the Raiders havent won it since???????? what was that, 83? Maybe 82 season when they squeaked in as a wild card and beat Philly? and I missing one.... its been so long my memory is fading. But guess what you will never here and I havent never heard........ well the Raiders havent won a title in 39 years. Or better yet... have you heard that comment made about ANY team in the NFL besides the Cowboys? I havent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IM unsure of what you mean. Yes Ben retired, but what does that matter? The Steelers needed a new QB. He retired because he got old. My point is simply that teams either have the QB that keeps them competitive and at least in the playoff hunt or they dont. Show me a team with a top 10 QB and you will be showing me a team that is in the playoffs more years than not. If we took a poll on this site of all of the posters on the bottom 10 teams in the nfl over the past decade and we came up with an list of teams from that poll, you coud almost guarantee that those ten teams have had garbage at the QB position for damn near that entire time.

Lets see off top of my head:
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
Dolphins
Football Team
Cardinals
Jags
Titans?
Bears

The new Commanders had a decent 1 year stretch....lol... when their RGIII balled out for a year. Titans and Cards have been ok last 2-3 years because they got new QBs. But again, its not complicated to see how it works. Im going to enjoy the Pats, Steelers, Saints all trying to exist with no HOF QB. 2 more years of mediocre season should make my point about the great billy boy. So what will be considered mediocre for Billy Boy? I need to know where the goal posts are in advance. I dont want to be hearing how first rd playoff exists were a great year by Billy Boy due to rebuilding and whatever excuse that is gonna be made for him.
We were initially talking about the possibility of not resigning Dak and where that would leave us. That wasn’t the situation with the Steelers. They had no choice but look for or draft another QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Championship games mean jack squat. A SB appearance here or there means jack squat. Oh, I missed that Rams thing since they won it on the last weekend, but they could have lost that first playoff game EASILY. Point is simple... SB TITLES, Dallas hasnt won one since 1996... oh the Horror. and the Niners havent won it since 1995, and the Raiders havent won it since???????? what was that, 83? Maybe 82 season when they squeaked in as a wild card and beat Philly? and I missing one.... its been so long my memory is fading. But guess what you will never here and I havent never heard........ well the Raiders havent won a title in 39 years. Or better yet... have you heard that comment made about ANY team in the NFL besides the Cowboys? I havent.
Then that qualifies you as a SB or Bust fan. Everything is a failure without a championship.

We should be comparing ourselves to the franchises which have had success not the ones which haven’t. But that somehow softens the blow for you.

Look at who our peers are this era . It’s not a good class of teams who haven’t even made a championship game.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Another way to think about it, is if they did it a year sooner, he would be going into negotiations 1 year sooner and thus will be paid whole lot more a year sooner with the renegotiations.

But not having done it means they will ultimately pay more because the market is always increasing. Year-over-year, QB contracts are going up. Ultimately it doesn't really matter because everything should be viewed over a window of time rather than a moment in time.

I don't like Dak's contract at all and it has nothing to do with raw numbers. They wrote dead money into the contract, which is just a horrible approach.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Then that qualifies you as a SB or Bust fan. Everything is a failure without a championship.

We should be comparing ourselves to the franchises which have had success not the ones which haven’t. But that somehow softens the blow for you.

Look at who our peers are this era . It’s not a good class of teams who haven’t even made a championship game.

nah, Im called a realistic fan. Teams and how good they are comes and goes. Im sure you remember the Pats back when Roger played. They were a laughing stock most of my life.
Im not a SB or bust, Im just saying the standard to what the team is held in the media and in here. If it wasnt SB title or bust we wouldnt hear every year how long its been since a title.

Last year this team made HUGE strides with its defense. Was that a good year? Our offense was number 1 in the league. Was that a good year? Nope, because we got bounced.... am I right?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But not having done it means they will ultimately pay more because the market is always increasing. Year-over-year, QB contracts are going up. Ultimately it doesn't really matter because everything should be viewed over a window of time rather than a moment in time.

I don't like Dak's contract at all and it has nothing to do with raw numbers. They wrote dead money into the contract, which is just a horrible approach.
Daks contract isn’t preventing this franchise from more success. It’s much more complicated than that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
nah, Im called a realistic fan. Teams and how good they are comes and goes. Im sure you remember the Pats back when Roger played. They were a laughing stock most of my life.
Im not a SB or bust, Im just saying the standard to what the team is held in the media and in here. If it wasnt SB title or bust we wouldnt hear every year how long its been since a title.

Last year this team made HUGE strides with its defense. Was that a good year? Our offense was number 1 in the league. Was that a good year? Nope, because we got bounced.... am I right?
I heard for years that the Saints had never been to a Super Bowl. Took them 43 years. And Detroit never seen one.

The Cowboys have been held to a higher standard because of their history. But if it goes 50 years that can change once generations die off like mine without more success . The fact Jethro is still running it keeps that pressure and media driven rhetoric.

By the time he’s done it will probably be 40 years. Each year provides these other franchises another opportunity to finally break thru.

You are right that this franchise is not the one we grew up with. I’m that grandad only a dozen years younger than Jethro.

But we must also remember our amazing history that begun our first 29 years only included 2 SB rings but it was the fact we went to so many championships and Super Bowls always a contender is why we became more popular than teams who won more Rings than us during those eras.

morat1959

Reaction score
Ace and Prescott are not related in any way, shape or form. Now backup…there it is!